X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hernaldog
    Rookie
    • Apr 2014

The enconding of FAangband Changed? - Translation to Spanish Project

nooo, as my intention is to translate into Spanish FAangband 1.4.4, I've noticed something! have you changed the encoding! I remember in 1.1.5 FAangband I could write such words á, é, í, ó, ú, and it's works fine.

Now I did a same test (see picture) and not seen!

I'm using Windows 8 and msysgit to compile:

La web de Dark-N - Traducciones de Juegos
    http://darkn.romhackhispano.org/
  • hernaldog
    Rookie
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by hernaldog
    nooo, as my intention is to translate into Spanish FAangband 1.4.4, I've noticed something! have you changed the encoding! I remember in 1.1.5 FAangband I could write such words á, é, í, ó, ú, and it's works fine.

Now I did a same test (see picture) and not seen!
    Jajajaja. It was the encoding in the Editor, I had it as Windows 1252: Western European and was Unicode, UTF-8.

The only problem, is the "¡" and "¿" Spanish symbols, it's not recognized by the program, why?

Comment

• Nick
      Vanilla maintainer
      • Apr 2007

The only problem, is the "¡" and "¿" Spanish symbols, it's not recognized by the program, why?
      That's very interesting. I tested this by putting a "¡" in a monster name. It appeared fine in the monster list window, but as a "!" in th emonster knowledge screen, and as (you did it) in a message. This looks like some failure of our UTF-8 encoding - I will investigate further.
      One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
      In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• hernaldog
        Rookie
        • Apr 2014

The enconding of FAangband Changed? - Translation to Spanish Project (solved)

Jajajaja. It was the encoding in the Editor, I had it as Windows 1252: Western European and was Unicode, UTF-8.

I solved it myself. The error was that the game was running on a PC with Windows 8 in English and somehow the fonts or something to make it compiled, some characters are not in the game. I did the same test in my house where I have Windows 8 in Spanish language and it worked fine. All special symbols are properly Spanish. Now if, to work with the translation.

Project progress I'll upload it to my personal site and a thread when I have good progress.

Thanks to everyone who gave me support

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞