[Announce] Poschengband 2.0.0 Released

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by clouded
    Compilation in cygwin has broken for me. I'm using "make -f makefile.linux install" (same as before the recent commits), I get the error...
    Yep, my fault. I added multiple file paths like modern Vanilla. I think replacing
    Code:
    	init_file_paths(path);
    by
    Code:
    	init_file_paths(path, path, path);
    in init_stuff in main.c will fix it.

    I have a friend who reported an error of "init2.c:232:25: error: 'S_IFDIR' undeclared (first use in this function)", though it was an offhand comment, so I'm not sure on the details.
    I had this too at one point. If that's in linux, the solution is probably to build by
    Code:
    ./autogen.sh
    ./configure --with-no-install
    make
    - there are variations on this, but that's the simplest and will mimic previous behaviour.

    Leave a comment:


  • emulord
    replied
    Can I give a suggestion? I know you want to make people switch bodies more often, but I don't think booting them out of one at low health is the way to go. Its a Ragequit inducing mechanic.
    Maybe instead if your character reaches low health, you decrease life rating by 1%. Simulate body decay and force people to burn !New life (Which matches theme!) or trade bodies. Early game people will switch bodies too often for this to matter, but midgame this will be a interesting mechanic!

    Leave a comment:


  • chris
    replied
    Release the Kraken! Version 2.0.3 has been released, mostly focusing on possessor changes, of course. Nothing too major has been added, except quite a few new forms and some rebalancing. Oh yeah, one slight adjustment has been to replace monster base immunities with normal resistance, and of course this will be reflected in possessor play. A few monsters still have normal immunity, but the days of 600+ monster races being immune to basic elemental attacks are over!

    Leave a comment:


  • chris
    replied
    Originally posted by clouded
    Compilation in cygwin has broken for me. I'm using "make -f makefile.linux install" (same as before the recent commits), I get the error:

    Code:
    main.c: In function 'init_stuff':
    main.c:133:24: error: 'DEFAULT_CONFIG_PATH' undeclared (first use in this function)
    main.c:133:24: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
    main.c:134:21: error: 'DEFAULT_LIB_PATH' undeclared (first use in this function)
    main.c:135:22: error: 'DEFAULT_DATA_PATH' undeclared (first use in this function)
    main.c: In function 'change_path':
    main.c:176:2: warning: array subscript has type 'char' [-Wchar-subscripts]
    <builtin>: recipe for target `main.o' failed
    make: *** [main.o] Error 1
    I have a friend who reported an error of "init2.c:232:25: error: 'S_IFDIR' undeclared (first use in this function)", though it was an offhand comment, so I'm not sure on the details.
    This is probably due to the Mac OSX support recently added. I must confess, I'm not familiar with main.c nor using Cygwin nor with the recent changes to support running on the Mac, so I'm not sure I will able to fix this.

    Can I ask why you don't just download the binaries?

    Edit: It may be that makefile.linux no longer works? Nick submitted a patch so that the normal configure, make, etc stuff that angband uses on linux works. I have yet to try any of this out ...

    Edit2: I see this "AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED([DEFAULT_CONFIG_PATH], "${configdir}", [Path to the game's configuration data])" in configure.ac. So I think you need to configure, then make, etc.
    Last edited by chris; September 5, 2013, 18:53.

    Leave a comment:


  • clouded
    replied
    Compilation in cygwin has broken for me. I'm using "make -f makefile.linux install" (same as before the recent commits), I get the error:

    Code:
    main.c: In function 'init_stuff':
    main.c:133:24: error: 'DEFAULT_CONFIG_PATH' undeclared (first use in this function)
    main.c:133:24: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
    main.c:134:21: error: 'DEFAULT_LIB_PATH' undeclared (first use in this function)
    main.c:135:22: error: 'DEFAULT_DATA_PATH' undeclared (first use in this function)
    main.c: In function 'change_path':
    main.c:176:2: warning: array subscript has type 'char' [-Wchar-subscripts]
    <builtin>: recipe for target `main.o' failed
    make: *** [main.o] Error 1
    I have a friend who reported an error of "init2.c:232:25: error: 'S_IFDIR' undeclared (first use in this function)", though it was an offhand comment, so I'm not sure on the details.

    Leave a comment:


  • Arjen
    replied
    Originally posted by HugoTheGreat2011
    Question - Do Rock Giants and Hrus drop corpses in version 2.0.2? Please tell me yes....
    They both don't have a DROP_CORPSE flag. So, no. Sucks.

    Leave a comment:


  • HugoVirtuoso
    replied
    Originally posted by chris
    Yeah, it's a minor, interesting quirk. Kill Walls does destroy trees underfoot, and the Wilderness mode is a big hack anyway. Don't worry, the trees grow back just fine!
    Question - Do Rock Giants and Hrus drop corpses in version 2.0.2? Please tell me yes....

    Leave a comment:


  • chris
    replied
    Yeah, it's a minor, interesting quirk. Kill Walls does destroy trees underfoot, and the Wilderness mode is a big hack anyway. Don't worry, the trees grow back just fine!

    Leave a comment:


  • Derakon
    replied
    Trees are walls, didn't you know?

    Leave a comment:


  • HugoVirtuoso
    replied
    Made another Possessor (Hugo$oul 94) who possessed an Umber Hulk at clvl 16, and can *bore through* trees in the overworld map, which is quite neat. Is this a bug or feature?

    Screenshot here:
    Umber Hulk *Passwall* into Angwil woods...

    Leave a comment:


  • MattB
    replied
    Originally posted by debo
    I guess the part where you're trying to kill them all for experience made them mad.
    That seems pretty reasonable to me.
    Every @ has to get on in life.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrrstark
    replied
    This may be a very basic and very dumb question, but how can I get this variant to save my user preferences?

    Do I have to manually edit them in a user text file or something?

    Leave a comment:


  • Derakon
    replied
    I was playing as an android, so I didn't even get any experience from them...

    Leave a comment:


  • debo
    replied
    I guess the part where you're trying to kill them all for experience made them mad.

    Leave a comment:


  • HugoVirtuoso
    replied
    Originally posted by Derakon
    My first remotely successful berserker got taken down by a posse of Knights of the Round Table and their summoned hordes. They're not pleasant people, and at least one of them can cast teleport-to so it's easy to get surrounded.
    MOST of them CAN cast teleport-to and can teleport WITH YOU especially the named ones. e.g., Sir Garwain. And absolutely not pleasant at all, they can be very mean, despite being "good" people.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕