[Announce] Poschengband 2.0.0 Released

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • chris
    replied
    Just an update for anybody grabbing and compiling source code:

    * The 2.0 release is winding down. Any subsequent changes/releases will no longer be on the master branch, but will be on this branch instead.

    * It is probably not good practice, but the 3.0 release is being committed to master even though it is not ready to go. I've broken savefile compatibility, and will continue to do so for a bit. I'll make an announcement when 3.0 is playable, but of course, if you want to try out some of the new stuff early (and give feedback), feel free

    EDIT: My target for having a new release ready is the Christmas/New Year holiday. Changes are going to be very extensive!

    Leave a comment:


  • Brouhaha
    replied
    Now that is a skill! Moot point, though, as the RNG hit me with a Dweller before I had FA or confusion resist. I'm going to roll up a Yeek zerker to cleanse the palette.

    Leave a comment:


  • Arjen
    replied
    Originally posted by Brouhaha
    I will when I can! Busy few days again. One quick question, though: What is the "Slaying" skill on a death sword? Pretty sure I picked up a few essences of that when I drained an armageddon weapon.
    It will give you a 1d bonus on your sword.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brouhaha
    replied
    I will when I can! Busy few days again. One quick question, though: What is the "Slaying" skill on a death sword? Pretty sure I picked up a few essences of that when I drained an armageddon weapon.

    Leave a comment:


  • HugoVirtuoso
    replied
    Originally posted by Brouhaha
    At what dungeon level and damage per round can a Lucky Death Sword start to scum for weapons with high resists and good slays? I haven't gotten one past level 25 yet, but I'm cautiously optimistic about my current one.
    Post your character dump on the PosChengband ladder. This will make it easier for chris and PosCheng veterans to give advice.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brouhaha
    replied
    Death Sword question

    At what dungeon level and damage per round can a Lucky Death Sword start to scum for weapons with high resists and good slays? I haven't gotten one past level 25 yet, but I'm cautiously optimistic about my current one.

    Leave a comment:


  • caruso
    replied
    @chris: It's been a while since I last tried PosChengband, but have you seen the Hengband FAQ? Perhaps you can ask the Hengband devteam whether you can use it for your own manual or FAQ.

    Leave a comment:


  • Arjen
    replied
    Sounds like Chris made a change with death swords. Looks like you finish your blows left on other monsters.

    You could try to fight with 2 (weak) monsters next to you and check if you kill them both. You have weaponmasters who have this of special power.

    *edit*

    Just checked for myself, but I didn't attack a 2nd monster after killing the first with my first blow. No idea what happened to you.
    Last edited by Arjen; September 15, 2013, 11:25.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brouhaha
    replied
    Odd thing happened just now. My death sword (2nd stage, just a long sword) recalled to dungeon level 12 of the orc caves. I was in the middle of a herd of Phantom Warriors and I swear that I killed the two standing next to me with one key press. Hit and dead, then another messaging saying I hit, it was a superb hit, and another foe is dead.

    I'm trying to duplicate this without getting killed, myself. Do death swords get a cleave-like power?

    Leave a comment:


  • chris
    replied
    Originally posted by Brouhaha
    Just how lucky is the Lucky personality trait? -2 everything seems a bit steep for, what, slightly better loot drops?
    The biggest benefit of Lucky are the skill boosts.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brouhaha
    replied
    Just how lucky is the Lucky personality trait? -2 everything seems a bit steep for, what, slightly better loot drops?

    Leave a comment:


  • chris
    replied
    Originally posted by emulord
    Can I give a suggestion? I know you want to make people switch bodies more often, but I don't think booting them out of one at low health is the way to go. Its a Ragequit inducing mechanic.
    Maybe instead if your character reaches low health, you decrease life rating by 1%. Simulate body decay and force people to burn !New life (Which matches theme!) or trade bodies. Early game people will switch bodies too often for this to matter, but midgame this will be a interesting mechanic!
    Originally posted by f1rst
    Just an idea:
    Possessor's could learn to control body better, like weapons. (Instead of losing body or being forced out of body)

    The longer you stay in one type of body, the better you'd be with it. -could get better resistances, higher hp/mp, etc.
    Thanks for the ideas ... I'll certainly keep both in mind should I decide to change to current mechanic.

    Leave a comment:


  • chris
    replied
    Originally posted by Angry Bob
    I rolled a Golem Rune-Knight that was too stupid to have an SP bar. This had the side effect of making their runes completely free. Should this be considered an exploit, or is the inability to cast their other spells an acceptable trade?
    Yeah, that's probably a bug. I'll fix for the next release ... In the meantime, enjoy the free runes

    Leave a comment:


  • Angry Bob
    replied
    I rolled a Golem Rune-Knight that was too stupid to have an SP bar. This had the side effect of making their runes completely free. Should this be considered an exploit, or is the inability to cast their other spells an acceptable trade?

    Leave a comment:


  • f1rst
    replied
    Possessor

    Just an idea:
    Possessor's could learn to control body better, like weapons. (Instead of losing body or being forced out of body)

    The longer you stay in one type of body, the better you'd be with it. -could get better resistances, higher hp/mp, etc.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕