Final NPPMoria and NPPAngband 7.0.0 released!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nppangband
    replied
    I just uploaded new zip files at the NPP fan site with fixes for all reported bugs . I didn't want to change the version number or links because of the NPPMoria comp going on right now, but here are the fixes:

    NPP 7.1.0:
    Bugfix: Composite bows were not working properly.
    Bugfix: Fix swap weapons with the roguelike keyset
    Bugfix: Fix height and weight ranges for all Moria races.
    Bugfix: Fix shortened names for Orcs ad Orc Warriors
    Bugfix: Rangers could not read or cast from the mage spellset.
    Bugfix: Create food spell was broken.
    Bugfix: Equipment activations for were not working.

    Leave a comment:


  • nppangband
    replied
    Originally posted by bron
    Just now downloaded and built this on my linux box. I encountered two problems:
    1) The lib/help/Makefile does not have backslashes at the ends of the lines for the LIBDATA definition
    2) When I try to do a "make install", it complains that it can't find the file "m_combat.txt", which indeed does not seem to exist.

    The executable *does* seem to build and start (I haven't tried to play it for real yet).
    I'm using "./configure --with-no-install --disable-x11 --prefix=`pwd"
    Thanks. You are correct, m_combat.txt should be deleted from the makefile, and I will add the backslashes.

    Leave a comment:


  • Malak Darkhunter
    replied
    Originally posted by bron
    Half-troll priests were my favorite UMoria character.
    I had a level 40 dwarf priest that I played for almost 2 years, my brother had a level 40 human ranger that he played forever as well, we had the best of everything I remember as far as equipment goes, back then you had the level drain HP trick, so my dwarf priest had 2 times the normal HP as was intended by the game, and back then with that version there was no last level of the dungeon, so I remember being at a level depth of 17,500 feet when I finally lost that old apple computer. Man adding that up I realize that is like 350 dungeon levels! lol
    This was during Robert Allan Koneke time as maintainer, and it was just called moria, probably version 2 or 3, (it was back in 1988) on Dos, and that may have even been an old version that I was playing at that time, I remember my neighbor bringing me copied floppy disk he got from a college.
    later on I found Druid Moria, (around year 2000) and I loved that version as well.

    Did anybody ever play Imoria? it was supposed to have had fountains, new terrain features and was supposed to be like an advanced version of moria, but development was done in secrecy and then It stopped

    Leave a comment:


  • bron
    replied
    Originally posted by Derakon
    I thought half-trolls weren't even in Moria.
    Half-troll priests were my favorite UMoria character.

    Leave a comment:


  • bron
    replied
    Just now downloaded and built this on my linux box. I encountered two problems:
    1) The lib/help/Makefile does not have backslashes at the ends of the lines for the LIBDATA definition
    2) When I try to do a "make install", it complains that it can't find the file "m_combat.txt", which indeed does not seem to exist.

    The executable *does* seem to build and start (I haven't tried to play it for real yet).
    I'm using "./configure --with-no-install --disable-x11 --prefix=`pwd"

    Leave a comment:


  • Malak Darkhunter
    replied
    Originally posted by Derakon
    I thought half-trolls weren't even in Moria. Half-orcs were the only "evil" race available as I recall.
    I played moria in the late 80's and i remember it being a rather buggy version, but even back then their was half-trolls

    Leave a comment:


  • Malak Darkhunter
    replied
    1 other thing to mention is that i noticed the phial of galadriel didn't activate for illumination even when identified and the discription indicates that it does.


    Also it looks like mushrooms of restoration, dosen't restore stat points like they should...instead they just cure 3d6 worth of Hit points, they same as a mushroom of light cures.
    Last edited by Malak Darkhunter; September 3, 2013, 04:14.

    Leave a comment:


  • Derakon
    replied
    I thought half-trolls weren't even in Moria. Half-orcs were the only "evil" race available as I recall.

    Leave a comment:


  • nppangband
    replied
    OK, good catch. They are wrong:

    I think I have the numbers scrambled:


    It should be:

    # H:hgtmale:modhgtmale:hgtfemale:modhgtfemale
    # W:wgtmale:modwgtmale:wgtfemale:modwgtfemale

    And I think I copied it incorrectly, so the data actually reads:

    # H:hgtmale:modhgtmale:wgtmale:modwgtmale
    # W:hgtfemale:modhgtfemale:wgtfemale:modwgtfemale

    So the entry is:

    H:96:10:255:50
    W:84:8:225:40

    When it should be:

    H:96:10:84:8
    W:255:50:225:40

    I will check tomorrow if this is all classes (almost certainly), or just the trolls.

    Leave a comment:


  • Malak Darkhunter
    replied
    Originally posted by nppangband
    Agreed. Those are the original Moria tables. Some sharp-eyed person fixed the height and weight tables in Angband about 15 years ago.


    I went into M_p race.text and attempted to "fix" the hieght and weight tables, funny thing is that some races are just fine(like dwarves) but Half-trolls are all screwed up, I'm getting some crazy generation tables even after changing them in line W: under m_p race.text, so I'm assuming they need to be changed elsewhere?

    Leave a comment:


  • nppangband
    replied
    Agreed. Those are the original Moria tables. Some sharp-eyed person fixed the height and weight tables in Angband about 15 years ago.

    Leave a comment:


  • Malak Darkhunter
    replied
    I'm not understanding the hight and weight generation tables, not very important I understand, however it helps get into character if you will. Generating a half-troll gets you stats like (hight-90) I am assuming this is inches. and (weight-80). Now the weight scale is what I am having problems with because I have no idea how much that is. usualy it look like 300 to 400 lbs for half-trolls, any ideas on these generation tables, they just don't seem to match the classes very well.

    Leave a comment:


  • nppangband
    replied
    The NPP object generation code does allow for occasional increased damage sides and dice. Although the only way it could go from 3d10 to 4d10 would be if the store shuffled its inventory and produced a similar weapon. Highly unlikely, but I haven't touched that part of the code in many, many versions. I will keep my eye out for any potential bugs.

    That weapon would almost be worth killing hundreds of singing, happy drunks to get.....

    Leave a comment:


  • Malak Darkhunter
    replied
    In the current competion playing nppmoria i found a longsword(Holy Avenger) for sell in the weapons shop with a very high damage dice, in 3 games I haven't seen unusual damage dice on weapons, is this intended? stats are
    Longsword(Holy Avenger) (3d9) (+15+10) [+3] (+2) for sell for 17k gold to bad I couldn't buy it,lol



    okay now I know something is up..read a WOR and went down to the dungeon after 200 turns immediatley went back into town and revisted the weapons shop except that this time the very same longsword this time read as (3d10)?????for 20k gold...somehow it powered itself up even more lol. normal damage dice is (1d10) man I really,really wish I could buy that thing,lol
    Last edited by Malak Darkhunter; September 1, 2013, 03:50.

    Leave a comment:


  • nppangband
    replied
    Originally posted by youtoo
    first off i cant register on the nppangband forum. it is not accepting new registrants.
    The site was completely overrun by spambots, to the point where I was spending 20 minutes a day deleting stuff. I am doing registrations manually now. Anyone who wishes to register there can send me an email with your desired login name and I will set one up.

    Originally posted by youtoo
    second, i launch the game and go to options->graphics

    all the tiles are greyed out. how do i get the tiles to run?
    Which operating system and port? They should work on all operating systems. But let me know and I will try to diagnose the issue.

    Originally posted by youtoo
    One last thing. this game seems to be a combo of many angband variants. which help should i look at?
    If you type '?', it will take you to the help files for either NPPAngabnd or NPPMoria, whichever one you are playing.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕