Final NPPMoria and NPPAngband 7.0.0 released!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nppangband
    replied
    Originally posted by clouded
    It seems like the Angband or Moria choice is no longer available once I restart after my first character dies, it goes straight to the "Do you want to retry this character" screen. Using ./nppangband.exe -sang (or -smor) does not work either. Deleting my savefile lets me have the choice again, is there something I'm doing wrong?
    Is this on Linux? I admit I did not think about the fact that there is only one savefile, and it auto-loads.

    I will work something out. In the meantime, I think deleting the savefile might be the only way to switch between games (besides having two folders for each game).

    Leave a comment:


  • nppangband
    replied
    Originally posted by clouded
    By the way, a friend I told about this questions the authenticity of "Ancient Chromatic Dragon"
    Originally posted by DaviddesJ
    The most powerful dragon in Umoria 5.x was "Ancient MultiHued Dragon".
    I changed it because I started Moria a little further back than that. I started playing on a unix version around '88. It was the actual Robert Alan Koeneke version playable on a VAX with a black market, medusas that stone the player, so one failed saving throw was insta-death in their presence, and the dungeon went down to 10000'. The actual balrog was at 10000', with "shadow-balrogs" before then. This was the version that you had to do the "grape-jelly trick" to max your hit points. I did not attempt to re-create that version (I believe the source for this version is long-lost, and was written in a different language), but I did keep "Chromatic", just for my own nostalgic purposes. I think it sounds so much better than Multi-hued. The only other feature of this game that I kept was that, unlike Umoria 5.5.2, priests and mages can have a 0% failure rate. I remember being incredibly frustrated by that change.

    Aside from that, there are only a couple things different from Umoria. I did add one artifact (the phial), and Smeagol (I figure in LOTR they both went into the mines of Moria), and I have the NPP-style chests with only the best items in the game.
    Last edited by nppangband; August 11, 2013, 00:59.

    Leave a comment:


  • DaviddesJ
    replied
    The most powerful dragon in Umoria 5.x was "Ancient MultiHued Dragon".

    Leave a comment:


  • clouded
    replied
    It seems like the Angband or Moria choice is no longer available once I restart after my first character dies, it goes straight to the "Do you want to retry this character" screen. Using ./nppangband.exe -sang (or -smor) does not work either. Deleting my savefile lets me have the choice again, is there something I'm doing wrong?

    By the way, a friend I told about this questions the authenticity of "Ancient Chromatic Dragon"

    Leave a comment:


  • nppangband
    started a topic Final NPPMoria and NPPAngband 7.0.0 released!

    Final NPPMoria and NPPAngband 7.0.0 released!

    The final NPPAngband 7.0.0 and NPPMoria 7.0.0 have been released.
    NPPMoria is a re-creation of David Grabner's UMoria 5.5.2. By using NPPAngband as a starting port, essentially UMoria 5.5.2 was re-created with about 20 years worth of UI improvements. For those not familiar with the Angband UI, this includes:

    Current ports for Windows, MAC, and Linux OSs.
    Color (much easier to notice Ancient Chromatic Dragons)
    Targeting (no longer have to line up with a monster to cast a spell or fire an attow at it)
    3 complete tilesets (8x8, 16x16, and 32x32)
    Much more advanced monster AIMouse support (a player could play practically the entire game without touching a keyboard if they chose to)
    Bigscreen mode (not limited to 80x24)
    Multiple windows (can display information in separate windows such as the character screen, list of visible monsters, etc)
    Detailed help files
    Much more legible source code, and edit files for most sets of game information (monster list, object list, player classes, races, etc)
    Ability to choose from multiple fonts.
    Ability to use macros
    Dozens of minor improvements


    NPPAngband and NPPMoria share the same cource code repository (99 % of the source code is be identical for both games). For anyone compiling themselves, the variable "game_mode" can be set to 1 to automatically play NPPAngband, 2 to play NPPMoria. If it is left at zero, the game starts with a menu prompting the player to choose between the two games).

    For NPPAngband, version 7.0.0 contains only minor differences, some code cleanup and about a half-dozen bug fixes from NPP 6.1.2. Changelist below:

    Add moria game mode, based on UMoria 5.5.2.
    Added opportunity to do a shield bash on a monster as in Moria.
    Reduced frequency of ghost challenges.
    Multiple sidebar and ui improvements by 'kaypy'.
    Code cleanup provided by dlevin.Reduced alertness for several Ainu uniques.
    Bugfix: Fix inconcistency when describing damage from ammo.
    Bugfix: Fix display of equipment flags on equipment screen.
    Bugfix: Fix bug in calculating monster speed variances (found by kaypy).
    Bugfix: Commands could sucessfully be repeated while confused.
    Bugfix: Fix multiple missing 'break' statements (found by "runningaway").
    Bugfix: When using the look command, the cursor did not display when animate flicker option was on.

    The links are:

    Souce Code:


    NPPAngband Windows Binary:


    NPPAngband Moria Binary:


    (MAC disc images coming soon. Both games can be quickly compiled for the mac using XCode, and at a command line typing: "make -f makefile.osx")

    Github respository:https://github.com/nppangband/NPPAngband
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕