Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikko Lehtinen
    Veteran
    • Sep 2010

Bonus to Alchemy and Spell Resistance, obviously. I like it.

Intelligent gloves that are animated by the spirit of a long-dead alchemist.

Comment

• Mikko Lehtinen
      Veteran
      • Sep 2010

Balin Bonehead was slightly too dumb.

Let's try Scarhead:
      The Spiked Leather Boots of Balin Scarhead

No, he's not a Harry Potter fan. He's a mean and dimwit half-ogre warrior from Skultgard.

Gorgon's Head changed to Gorgon's Face to avoid having two artifact names with similar ending.

Comment

• Kilumanjaro
        Rookie
        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Mikko Lehtinen
        Balin Bonehead was slightly too dumb.
        Let's try Scarhead:
        The Spiked Leather Boots of Balin Scarhead
        If you want to suggest a scarred face, "Scarbrow" sounds a little less like a child's insult...
        I like Balin Left-Eye too ... "There are no records of anyone that survived asking Balin what happened to the right one."

Comment

• Mikko Lehtinen
          Veteran
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Kilumanjaro
          If you want to suggest a scarred face, "Scarbrow" sounds a little less like a child's insult...
          I like Balin Left-Eye too ... "There are no records of anyone that survived asking Balin what happened to the right one."
          Left-Eye it is! Thanks. Catching nyances like that is tough for a non-native speaker.

Comment

• Kilumanjaro
            Rookie
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Mikko Lehtinen
            Left-Eye it is!
            Happy to be of help

Looking in the list, "Cosmic Egg" also sounds a little juvenile to me... maybe "Cosmic Dome" instead? It fits the shape of a cap anyways.

If the Hard Leather Boots aren't taken, I have a couple of suggestions there too.
            Longstride (+speed)
            Cripple's Limp (-speed, +blows)

Comment

• Mikko Lehtinen
              Veteran
              • Sep 2010

Cosmic Egg is juvenile on purpose. The name is a shaman's prank, probably. In shamanistic tradition, the world is born out of a cosmic egg.

Longstride sounds a bit too generic, more like an ego item than an artifact. I don't really like the mechanics of -speed and +blows.

Comment

• Mikko Lehtinen
                Veteran
                • Sep 2010

Would 'Swan's Egg' be better? In Kalevala, the world is born out of a swan's egg.

Comment

• Mikko Lehtinen
                  Veteran
                  • Sep 2010

Okay, here are the names for the last two artifacts:

The Soft Leather Armour of Morphoses. (It might be a really good armour that sometimes shapeshifts you at random. Or maybe it gives extra bonuses while you are shapeshifted.)

The Hard Leather Boots of Wanderlust.

Thanks for your help, everybody! I really love this list of names, ranging from comical to solemn.

Many names are so mysterious that the player will have a hard time guessing the effects -- good. I hope that the majority of players will not cheat by reading the edit files. Using Circles of Knowledge is much more fun (and easier than in previous versions).

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎