Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wobbly
    Prophet
    • May 2012

Thought I'd try a rage-mage today, they sounded interesting. My starting equipment however: "the weight of your equipment encumbers your movement". Further tested it with a cloak & a dagger, it seems that only when naked & unarmed do I get "You feel able to move freely". I can at least wield a torch but considering the circumstances, might be less embarrassing without it.

Comment

• chris
      PosChengband Maintainer
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by wobbly
      Thought I'd try a rage-mage today, they sounded interesting. My starting equipment however: "the weight of your equipment encumbers your movement". Further tested it with a cloak & a dagger, it seems that only when naked & unarmed do I get "You feel able to move freely". I can at least wield a torch but considering the circumstances, might be less embarrassing without it.
      Well, that's a bug. I guess its time to upload version 1.0.17:
      * Fixed Rage-Mage encumbrance.
      * Removed the Virtue system
      * Golems regain Stone Skin
      * Mindcrafter Precognition no longer so costly
      * Fixed Extra Might display bug
      * Slaying weapons (Armageddon) are no longer heavier than normal.
      * Fixed character dump for pets. Riding mount is now displayed properly.
      * Leprechauns lose a bit of stealth
      * Ares demigods now prorate their damage boost when dual wielding
      * Equipment *identifies* at birth
      * Fixed major bug with Troll AC.
      * Fixed equipment bug when restarting a Servant of Khorne.

Comment

• AnonymousHero
        Veteran
        • Jun 2007

race_troll.c appears to be missing from the source archive.

Comment

• chris
          PosChengband Maintainer
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by AnonymousHero
          race_troll.c appears to be missing from the source archive.
          Apologies ... I uploaded a new poscheng-117-src.zip (same filename). Hopefully, that is the only new file I forgot to add!

Edit: I tested a clean build on windows from the downloaded src archive. It works now.

Comment

• Arjen
            Adept
            • Dec 2010

Crosbow masters start with a shortbow and arrows (and crosbow+bolts). Why a bow too?

Comment

• chris
              PosChengband Maintainer
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Arjen
              Crosbow masters start with a shortbow and arrows (and crosbow+bolts). Why a bow too?
              Are playing an Artemis Demigod? They always start with a shortbow and arrows no matter their class ...

Comment

• Arjen
                Adept
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by chris
                Are playing an Artemis Demigod? They always start with a shortbow and arrows no matter their class ...
                Ahh, ok. It was good I had em, sold them for some seeker bolts in the 1.

Comment

• chris
                  PosChengband Maintainer
                  • Jan 2008

1.0.18 is available here:

I added a new class: The Devicemaster

The Devicemaster is the absolute best class when using magical devices (wands, rods and staves). In addition they choose to specialize in a particular class of devices and gain extra powers for their speciality. These include extra damage, increased speed of activation, the ability to power the device without using charges, the ability to move charges from one device to another and the ability to use multiple charges at once in an act of desperation.

Other changes include some minor game balance tweaks. For example, many monster races now have slightly less hitpoints.

Comment

• Djabanete
                    Knight
                    • Apr 2007

The Devicemaster sounds fun! I am looking forward to trying it out. Right now I'm working on a Shadow-Fairy Rogue (a sort of joint effort between me and my girlfriend, which involves a certain amount of dying and reloading ... and not all the deaths are her fault ... ssshh!) --- but after we kill the Serpent, which is just a matter of time with these special tactics, I'll be wanting to give this new class a spin.

Comment

• chris
                      PosChengband Maintainer
                      • Jan 2008

Yet another release (1.0.19) is available here:

* Race/Class stat bonuses restored to Hengband/Chengband values. Helpfiles regenerated to reflect changes.
                      * Everybody gets extra starting hitpoints, just like in Hengband. Added a "BHP" column to the helpfiles (Base Hitpoints).
                      * Massively changed the hitpoint calculation. Hitpoints are no longer so backloaded, but the progression is still heavily non-linear.
                      * Devicemaster starting equipment nerfed. Offensive wands replaced with a single device depending on their speciality. They also start with a wand of magic missiles.
                      * Rodmasters buffed. They get double the device power of other devicemasters (up to +50%).
                      * Added Rods of Mana Bolts.
                      * Made Rods of Mana Balls more shallow.
                      * Decreased costs of Gamble Shop for Scrolls, Staves, Wands and Rods
                      * Sleep Monster is now more powerful.

Comment

• Susramanian
                        Apprentice
                        • Feb 2010

Fun variant!

One oddity that's slowing me down: being at less than full health is causing interruption. For example, trying to run in a direction while at low health doesn't work. Strangely, trying to use my quick-ID macro while hurt also doesn't work. It's something simple like "\e\ez0(", which normally just identifies the first thing in your bag or on the ground that needs identifying, but it cancels immediately when I'm hurt.

I'm playing as a Jelly, if that's any help tracking this down. Hope it's easy to fix!

*edit*

Turning off the option "Check for user abort while continuous command" sort of helps. It seems to force a rest up to full health any time I try to run while hurt, then proceeds with the original run. The automatic usage of so much time worries me, though. If I wanted to rest, I'd rest. I want to run. This bug just rested me to full health while trying to identify something. I had been in the process of tracking down a wounded Sir Kay... but now he's all rested up, too.
                        Last edited by Susramanian; April 17, 2013, 13:14.

Comment

• chris
                          PosChengband Maintainer
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Susramanian
                          Fun variant!

One oddity that's slowing me down: being at less than full health is causing interruption. For example, trying to run in a direction while at low health doesn't work. Strangely, trying to use my quick-ID macro while hurt also doesn't work. It's something simple like "\e\ez0(", which normally just identifies the first thing in your bag or on the ground that needs identifying, but it cancels immediately when I'm hurt.

I'm playing as a Jelly, if that's any help tracking this down. Hope it's easy to fix!

*edit*

Turning off the option "Check for user abort while continuous command" sort of helps. It seems to force a rest up to full health any time I try to run while hurt, then proceeds with the original run. The automatic usage of so much time worries me, though. If I wanted to rest, I'd rest. I want to run. This bug just rested me to full health while trying to identify something. I had been in the process of tracking down a wounded Sir Kay... but now he's all rested up, too.
                          How odd! I can't reproduce this at all, though. Can you send me your savefile? I'm at ckousky at gmail dot com.

Are you playing under Windows?

Comment

• Susramanian
                            Apprentice
                            • Feb 2010

Save file sent. And yes, playing under Windows 7. While I've got your attention, could you tell me whether the option to disable selling comes with an increase in found gold, like vanilla? Or is it another ironman option?

Comment

• chris
                              PosChengband Maintainer
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Susramanian
                              Save file sent. And yes, playing under Windows 7. While I've got your attention, could you tell me whether the option to disable selling comes with an increase in found gold, like vanilla? Or is it another ironman option?
                              Ouch. I finally figured what is going on:

Open up Talps.prf and note the following keymap:
                              Code:
                              A:\eR&\r
                              C:0:\e
                              Now, whenever any of the run macros fires, for instance:
                              Code:
                              A:\e\e\\.4
                              P:\[shift-KP_4]
                              The escapes in the run command become "rest up fully" commands!

To fix, simply delete the offending keymap. And thank goodness you sent me your pref file even though I only asked for the savefile, since I never would have found this otherwise

Disable Selling does indeed increase gold drops, and fairly aggressively too. There is a flat out +50% and also +2*L% where L is the current object level. You'll have to let me know if this is enough. The one time I tried no_selling I was unable to keep up with the costs of the town recharge service and found that no_selling turns the game into a "tunnel scumming" festival, which is quite horrible IMO. This may have only been at +50% drops, though ... I can't remember.

Comment

• Susramanian
                                Apprentice
                                • Feb 2010

Aha, glad it wasn't serious. Don't know how I managed to keymap escape. I didn't think it was even possible. Thanks for the fix, and keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎