X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Psi
    Knight
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Nick
    Should be immediate. It's possible that it's at the start at turn 1 (small bug - if you ID stuff on the ground, it doesn't set the turn right).
    Ah yes - I have four arts all at the start! I assume all the 'Did some stuff' messages are you fixing it before?

I nearly always id on the ground so this will hit me a lot.

Comment

• Nick
      Vanilla maintainer
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Psi
      Ah yes - I have four arts all at the start! I assume all the 'Did some stuff' messages are you fixing it before?

I nearly always id on the ground so this will hit me a lot.
      This is probably why turn 1 kept appearing in the 023 notes, too. It will be easy enough to fix now I've tracked it down; I should be able to prevent any more crashes fairly easily, too.
      One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
      In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Psi
        Knight
        • Apr 2007

Just took a pathway from SV28 to SV30 and started in permanent wall next to the river...

Comment

• Nick
          Vanilla maintainer
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Psi
          Just took a pathway from SV28 to SV30 and started in permanent wall next to the river...
          Current bugfixing as at 13 fixed, 4 dubious (can't verify or need further checking), 9 to be fixed. That's one of the nine.

Comment

• Psi
            Knight
            • Apr 2007

Some thoughts on v030...

Jewelery:

Was very pleased to see the higher speed on rings of warfare! Is it a bigger range or can the pval get as high as speed rings? Does the same apply to Eregion?

Randart jewelery is a fantastic addition. The stuff I found with resistances seemed to have a bias towards the base elements - is that the case?

The 'rings of power' could be spotted a mile off as they appear as a Silver ring [15] for example and then when id'd they have [15,0] like a piece of armour. Shouldn't the AC benefit be treated like Elessar and end up id'd as [+15]?

Randarts:

I noticed that most randart weapons were of a higher quality than before. I found a 1d13 Main Gauche and a 1d17 Sabre. They were both fantastic weapons, but I couldn't ignore the +10 speed of Ringil... Didn't find any usefuly randart armour for once (also seemed slightly thin on the ground). Found about three or four pairs of randart boots - none very useful ones either, but a strange statistic all the same! No randart cloaks showed up and the only gloves I found were cursed. Were there less randarts around because of the jewelery or perhaps the increased power of the randarts has made them rarer? If the latter then it may be worth changing the depth or rariry equation a little...?

Percentage resists:

I like the new system. It means immunity is now just that and you can never totally eliminate damage without it. I also like the vulnerabilities - found a ring with ImmFire and plenty of other benefits, but 20% vulnerability to Nether. Interesting compromise when you only have one source of rNether already.

Must say that I think an Amulet of Acid with a vulnerability to acid should be cursed though!

I have some specific thoughts on Ents and Druids but I'll post that in another thread.

Comment

• Nick
              Vanilla maintainer
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Psi
              Jewelery:

Was very pleased to see the higher speed on rings of warfare! Is it a bigger range or can the pval get as high as speed rings? Does the same apply to Eregion?
              It's just a bigger range, and it's the warfare ones only.

Randart jewelery is a fantastic addition. The stuff I found with resistances seemed to have a bias towards the base elements - is that the case?
              The best ones are.

The 'rings of power' could be spotted a mile off as they appear as a Silver ring [15] for example and then when id'd they have [15,0] like a piece of armour. Shouldn't the AC benefit be treated like Elessar and end up id'd as [+15]?
              Yes, that's one bug I've already fixed.

Randarts:

I noticed that most randart weapons were of a higher quality than before. I found a 1d13 Main Gauche and a 1d17 Sabre. They were both fantastic weapons, but I couldn't ignore the +10 speed of Ringil... Didn't find any usefuly randart armour for once (also seemed slightly thin on the ground). Found about three or four pairs of randart boots - none very useful ones either, but a strange statistic all the same! No randart cloaks showed up and the only gloves I found were cursed. Were there less randarts around because of the jewelery or perhaps the increased power of the randarts has made them rarer? If the latter then it may be worth changing the depth or rariry equation a little...?
              There is the same number of randarts, so fewer non-jewelery items. I have cut the number of weapons a bit, too, so there should be proportionally more armour, although which types is a lottery. And yes, they are a bit more powerful, and that will affect the rarity.

Percentage resists:

I like the new system. It means immunity is now just that and you can never totally eliminate damage without it. I also like the vulnerabilities - found a ring with ImmFire and plenty of other benefits, but 20% vulnerability to Nether. Interesting compromise when you only have one source of rNether already.
              Good. I plan to have more double-edged items.

Must say that I think an Amulet of Acid with a vulnerability to acid should be cursed though!
              They're now worthless but not cursed.

Comment

• Seany C
                Swordsman
                • Apr 2007

Hmm, several more crashes -they seem to be linked to attempting to move using the "." plus direction key for movement... would an emailed savefile help, Nick?

Comment

• Nick
                  Vanilla maintainer
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Seany C
                  Hmm, several more crashes -they seem to be linked to attempting to move using the "." plus direction key for movement... would an emailed savefile help, Nick?
                  Yes, it would. I'm currently bug hunting, with the intent of releasing 0.3.1 fairly soon as pretty much just a bugfix.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎