[Un] Unangband 0.6.3 prerelease 2
Collapse
X
-
The intent was to ask why arrows are so much weaker than a melee attack.Leave a comment:
-
That dungeon is full of mushrooms of blindness and confusion. Use them.
If your arrows don't hit, use !Heroism.Leave a comment:
-
I'd like to hear your opinions on what may be a gameplay issue.
I'm playing a ranger - lvl 14 - excellent bow skills and iffy fighting skills. Trying to take out the Dunlending agent with ranged attacks always fails - he just responds with powerful spells that kill me in 2 to 4 hits depending on which he uses. He usually casts slow, which cancells out my speed potion, so I don't really get any extra shots with the bow.
But the worst thing is that 80% or so of my shots miss, and those that do hit he "shrugs off." It might take 25 or more hits to kill him, but I don't think it's really feasible to do so.
Since this is my test char, I reloaded the last level and kept trying. In the end, I finally got him by meleeing with an {excellent} cutlass. About 6 hits did him in.
The point is: why is he so impervious to arrows? And why does he cast 50 hp magical attacks at range every turn? I suppose he's supposed to be difficult since he's on the alternate path, but for a ranged character it's not very encouraging.
-BenLeave a comment:
-
Rings only apply their brand if you are not wearing gloves. Given the change Angband has made, I may consider modifying this.Questions ...
"Ring of Flames" and "Gauntlets of Poison" - (I)nspecting them says they do "x3 damage from fire/poison" .. looks like this at least works for the gauntlets when a weapon is wielded, as I get monster recall messages about poison resists. I'm not sure 'bout the fire, but maybe I haven't hit a fire resistant monster up to now. Do those items work for unarmed combat (now), too?
Its a bug.
Rods of Lightning Beams seem to do very low damage now .. 2d6 actually .. while Rods of Light do 56 damage to targets vulnerable to light. Is this intended?
AndrewLeave a comment:
-
Questions ...
"Ring of Flames" and "Gauntlets of Poison" - (I)nspecting them says they do "x3 damage from fire/poison" .. looks like this at least works for the gauntlets when a weapon is wielded, as I get monster recall messages about poison resists. I'm not sure 'bout the fire, but maybe I haven't hit a fire resistant monster up to now. Do those items work for unarmed combat (now), too?
Rods of Lightning Beams seem to do very low damage now .. 2d6 actually .. while Rods of Light do 56 damage to targets vulnerable to light. Is this intended? edit: [ Bug #15731 ] Rod damage numbers are off ...Last edited by Arralen; May 22, 2009, 19:08.Leave a comment:
-
-
The fix in revision 2516 doesnt seem to have worked- I'm still seeing multiple copies of Sauron running around...Leave a comment:
-
I think the down staircase in Bonfire Glade doesn't work (the place in the old forest). I have tried going through it on two different computers and the game stops working.Leave a comment:
-
Assuming that most traps are designed for humanoid type prey, it fits logically that non-humanoids may not trigger them, or at least not as reliably, and in some cases could spring the trap, which could be said, effectively disarms it, while the triggering animal suffers no consequences.
I'm also on board with 'one-and-done' for traps. Make them more powerful if you must, more accurate, more life threatening (this would actually make DT useful below DL30), but make it so that once it's triggered, it's also disarmed. Maybe failed disarming could have a harsher consequence, like...
It would be a deterrent for characters with little or no disarming skills from attempting disarming, and thus embracing detection and avoidance (as it should be). I could go on... but I'm late for work.Code:You fail to disarm the trap. The trap explodes. You are hit by many darts. You feel weaker. You feel weaker. You feel less smart. You feel uglier.
Leave a comment:
-
-
Feature. You missed out a bit which I've highlighted in bold.- Missing info upon (I)inspection: IDed (shop service) "Tabard (Spiderthread) worth 3035 gold pieces [3,+7]" shows only "... weighs 7.5 lbs. When thrown, it does 1d1 blunt damage. It increases your armor class by 10. It is a useful ego item. You can apply runes to it or enchant it with additional powers. It was lying on the floor on dungeon level 7".
I thought I'd cheat and according to the edit file, it should have IGNORE_ACID | IGNORE_ELEC | IGNORE_FIRE | IGNORE_COLD | RES_SHARD | ANIMAL | ... shouldn't that show up when IDed ?
Btw., Res_Shard does not show up on the char info, either ...
edit 2: Actually, reading ?oLegendLore seems to give me the missing info piece by piece. Is this intended, and am I confusing variants again ???
AndrewLeave a comment:
-
Congratulations. You've found a bug that I've been unable to figure out for the last 5 years. I must stare at the code harder.
You win a prize of one crow head.
AndrewLeave a comment:
-
-
It's an quirk of the way hidden traps are currently implemented. There are hidden traps that will affect monsters, just not all of them (and at the moment, not the ones that are randomly placed throughout the dungeon).
There's support for that in the code, but allowing a player to just sit out a trap is frankly boring and just encourages grinding.Edit: also, as an additional idea, it would make sense if traps would have a limited lifespan. Dart traps have a limited amount of darts; Gas traps have a limited amount of chemicals; Magic traps have a limited amount of energy. Some nasty traps might only fire once. What do you think?
AndrewLeave a comment:
Leave a comment: