Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdanhenry
    Scout
    • Apr 2009

Thanks, Nick. I've changed makefile.std to default to the "standard version". If someone needs one of the other options... well, they'd have had to edit out the comment marks anyway, so nothing lost.

I'll upload the windows port to oook. (edit: I have uploaded the windows port to oook.)
    Last edited by rdanhenry; April 29, 2009, 19:03.

Comment

• ElectricPaladin
      Scout
      • Jan 2008

Any chance of someone making Gumband for Mac OSX?
      A/Z/Steamband W H- D c-- f PV+ s- TT? d P++ M+

A C "Perra" HPa L:25 DL:'800 A R !Sp w:*Holy Avenger* Mace

Comment

• Irashtar
        Scout
        • Oct 2007

bug.

Easy_open isn't working, which is making this game more than a little tedious. Also, Could you please put in the continuously center player option? It's practically a must for any game that forces a small window.

Comment

• PowerDiver
          Prophet
          • Mar 2008

Trying a beastman chaos warrior. I tried out a wand of confuse monster, unaware, on a damaged novice warrior. I got awareness. A turn [I think] later it was dead.

It blinks away.
          You have an Aluminum-plated wand (q).
          (0 dam)
          The novice warrior looks confused.
          The novice warrior flees in terror.
          (100 dam)
          The novice warrior dies.

If something invisible is bumping around doing 100 dam at 150', well that seems a bit harsh. If I did it, I'd like to know how.

Comment

• PowerDiver
            Prophet
            • Mar 2008

I sold an identified light war axe (2d5) (+2, +6) for 90, but he's asking 2090. Is that an auto-haggle bug, or just charisma 4 and race [beastman to klackon]?

Comment

• rdanhenry
              Scout
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by PowerDiver
              Trying a beastman chaos warrior. I tried out a wand of confuse monster, unaware, on a damaged novice warrior. I got awareness. A turn [I think] later it was dead.

It blinks away.
              You have an Aluminum-plated wand (q).
              (0 dam)
              The novice warrior looks confused.
              The novice warrior flees in terror.
              (100 dam)
              The novice warrior dies.

If something invisible is bumping around doing 100 dam at 150', well that seems a bit harsh. If I did it, I'd like to know how.
              I'd like to know, too. I'm not sure what happened there. Do you know what mutations you had? If I made a mistake, one of the randomly activated mutations might have gone off and killed silently, I suppose.

Comment

• rdanhenry
                Scout
                • Apr 2009

I sold an identified light war axe (2d5) (+2, +6) for 90, but he's asking 2090. Is that an auto-haggle bug, or just charisma 4 and race [beastman to klackon]?
                Charisma of 4 is very bad and Klackons and Beastmen have rather high shop adjustments relative to each other (being very lawful and chaotic races, respectively). It is a 1000 dollar item at fair price. You're being cheated, but I don't think any more than you are supposed to be (the Klackon hatred of beastmen exceeds any bias in standard Angband).

Comment

• rdanhenry
                  Scout
                  • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Irashtar
                  Easy_open isn't working, which is making this game more than a little tedious. Also, Could you please put in the continuously center player option? It's practically a must for any game that forces a small window.
                  What problem(s) are you having with easy_open? (You aren't confusing easy_open with 'walk into the door to open' are you?)

Center on player is on the low-priority UI enhancement list. Which means I'll try to get on it as soon as I've got all the remaining bugs out of "repeat last command". But since I use the "repeat last command" function and would not use nausea-vision (okay, I don't find it *that* bad, but I do find it annoying), the order of priorities is not going to change. Unless somebody else writes a patch, tests it, and sends it to me in working order, of course. Any help with the mechanical side of Gumband would be welcomed. (What I'd really love is big screen support, but people who are real programmers have had troubles with that one, so I'm not about to touch it.)

Comment

• PowerDiver
                    Prophet
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by rdanhenry
                    I'd like to know, too. I'm not sure what happened there. Do you know what mutations you had? If I made a mistake, one of the randomly activated mutations might have gone off and killed silently, I suppose.
                    I think I had two mutations, one of razor skin that gave me an extra attack, and something truly nasty that sapped all of my stats by one and then kept occasionally sapping another stat.

There was something strange. I had aimed a wand that turned out to be wonder, to no effect. When I inspected my pack it had not auto-awared. Later, after the kill, it became aware without my thinking I had used it again. It is possible I did and forgot, or did through a typo. Do you have some sort of delayed 100 dam effect on wonder, and sufficiently smart code not to make the wand aware until the delayed effect happened?

Comment

• rdanhenry
                      Scout
                      • Apr 2009

I think I had two mutations, one of razor skin that gave me an extra attack, and something truly nasty that sapped all of my stats by one and then kept occasionally sapping another stat.

There was something strange. I had aimed a wand that turned out to be wonder, to no effect. When I inspected my pack it had not auto-awared. Later, after the kill, it became aware without my thinking I had used it again. It is possible I did and forgot, or did through a typo. Do you have some sort of delayed 100 dam effect on wonder, and sufficiently smart code not to make the wand aware until the delayed effect happened?
                      That should not happen, no. Even if you were mistaken and actually zapped the WoW then and did the 100 points of damage (that's a suspiciously round number), the messages don't support that idea. Razors does add an extra attack, but there should be no way for it to be used if you aren't making a melee attack. This seems like some strange bug where the WoW effect was delayed, but I have no idea how that might happen.

Comment

• rayj
                        Rookie
                        • May 2009

compilation issues/newbie alert...

Originally posted by Nick
                        Received, thanks. The game compiles nicely for me in linux going into the src directory and using
                        Code:
                        make -f makefile.std
                        The only trap is that the first time through it complained of not being able to prepare a display module; this is fixed by removing the leading #s from the first CFLAGS and LIBS lines in makefile.std, so they read
                        Code:
                        CFLAGS = -Wall -O1 -pipe -g -D"USE_X11" -D"USE_GCU"
                        LIBS = -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lcurses -ltermcap
                        I had the aforementioned 'display module' issue the first time I tried to compile gumband...however, when I commented out the appropriate lines, there were fatal errors related to /lib.

Excuse me if I have done something dumb here, as I am relatively new to linux in general...and my track record with compiling in general is about 50/50.

I tried deleting the entire source directory, re-extracting it, and repeating the above, only to be confronted with the same errors. Does compiling leave files in other locations that could cause this sort of error? If not, does the fact that I'm running a 64-bit OS have anything to do with it?

Once again, excuse me for trying to coerce tech support here...but I really want to run this one. Always been a big Moorcock fan.

Comment

• Nick
                          Vanilla maintainer
                          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by rayj
                          IDoes compiling leave files in other locations that could cause this sort of error?
                          It shouldn't.

If not, does the fact that I'm running a 64-bit OS have anything to do with it?
                          I wouldn't think so, but I may be wrong. What are the actual errors you're getting?
                          One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                          In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• rayj
                            Rookie
                            • May 2009

Errors

When compiling source, I'm getting these:

mutation.c: In function ‘do_cmd_racial_power’:
                            mutation.c:3157: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘repeat_pull’ from incompatible pointer type
                            mutation.c:2697: warning: unused variable ‘warrior’
                            gcc -Wall -O1 -pipe -g -D"USE_X11" -D"USE_GCU" -c -o artifact.o artifact.c
                            gcc -Wall -O1 -pipe -g -D"USE_X11" -D"USE_GCU" -c -o main-cap.o main-cap.c
                            gcc -Wall -O1 -pipe -g -D"USE_X11" -D"USE_GCU" -c -o main-gcu.o main-gcu.c
                            gcc -Wall -O1 -pipe -g -D"USE_X11" -D"USE_GCU" -c -o main-x11.o main-x11.c
                            main-x11.c: In function ‘Infowin_prepare’:
                            main-x11.c:564: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 6 of ‘XGetGeometry’ differ in signedness
                            main-x11.c:564: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 7 of ‘XGetGeometry’ differ in signedness
                            main-x11.c:564: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 8 of ‘XGetGeometry’ differ in signedness
                            main-x11.c:564: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 9 of ‘XGetGeometry’ differ in signedness
                            main-x11.c: In function ‘Term_xtra_x11_react’:
                            main-x11.c:1809: warning: unused variable ‘td’
                            main-x11.c: At top level:
                            main-x11.c:447: warning: ‘Metadpy_nuke’ defined but not used
                            main-x11.c:518: warning: ‘Infowin_set_icon_name’ defined but not used
                            main-x11.c:534: warning: ‘Infowin_nuke’ defined but not used
                            main-x11.c:592: warning: ‘Infowin_init_real’ defined but not used
                            main-x11.c:685: warning: ‘Infowin_unmap’ defined but not used
                            main-x11.c:711: warning: ‘Infowin_lower’ defined but not used
                            main-x11.c:724: warning: ‘Infowin_impell’ defined but not used
                            main-x11.c:750: warning: ‘Infowin_locate’ defined but not used
                            main-x11.c:776: warning: ‘Infowin_fill’ defined but not used
                            main-x11.c:913: warning: ‘Infoclr_init_1’ defined but not used
                            main-x11.c:931: warning: ‘Infoclr_nuke’ defined but not used
                            main-x11.c:1034: warning: ‘Infofnt_nuke’ defined but not used
                            main-x11.c:1092: warning: ‘Infofnt_init_real’ defined but not used
                            gcc -Wall -O1 -pipe -g -D"USE_X11" -D"USE_GCU" -c -o main-xaw.o main-xaw.c
                            gcc -Wall -O1 -pipe -g -D"USE_X11" -D"USE_GCU" -c -o main.o main.c
                            gcc -Wall -O1 -pipe -g -D"USE_X11" -D"USE_GCU" -o gumband z-util.o z-virt.o z-form.o z-rand.o z-term.o variable.o tables.o util.o cave.o object1.o object2.o monster1.o monster2.o xtra1.o xtra2.o spells1.o spells2.o spells3.o melee1.o melee2.o save.o files.o cmd1.o cmd2.o cmd3.o cmd4.o cmd5.o cmd6.o store.o birth.o load1.o load2.o wizard1.o wizard2.o generate.o dungeon.o init1.o init2.o quest.o mindcrft.o mutation.o artifact.o main-cap.o main-gcu.o main-x11.o main-xaw.o main.o -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lcurses -ltermcap
                            util.o: In function `path_temp':
                            /home/rayj/gumband-231-src/src/util.c:284: warning: the use of `tmpnam' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'
                            cp gumband ..

When I try to run:

rayj@main:~/gumband-231-src/src$ ./gumband
                            ./gumband: Cannot access the './lib/file/news.txt' file!
                            ./gumband: The 'lib' directory is probably missing or broken.
                            ./gumband: Perhaps the archive was not extracted correctly.
                            ./gumband: See the 'README' file for more information.
                            ./gumband: Fatal Error.
                            interestingly enough, this last time I tried it, 8 windows actually rapidly loaded up - and promptly crashed. So, presumably it's getting that far...

Comment

• pav
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2007

Warnings are harmless. You need to move gumband binary one directory level up and run from there.
                              See the elves and everything! http://angband.oook.cz

Comment

• rayj
                                Rookie
                                • May 2009

You're kidding.

I wonder how many other compilations I've botched due to that particular issue.

Thanks!

Edit: spoke too soon. Well, it loads up all the windows, and the initial screen shows up, but it simply hangs on the 'press any key to continue' prompt.

I went through the linux fix files, and was wondering if this was because there is no ~/.Xdefaults directory on my machine.

Are these issues addressed in the forums elsewhere? I haven't actually taken the time to search as of yet...
                                Last edited by rayj; May 21, 2009, 17:06.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎