X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AwkwardBirb
    Rookie
    • Nov 2022

Originally posted by Cryomaniac
    Which item were you trying to transform? I can't immediately reproduce this behaviour.
    It was namely with Wands. Not sure if being Momoyo had anything to do with it.

Comment

• Cryomaniac
      Swordsman
      • Jan 2022

Not sure what could be going on; could you provide a savefile?

Comment

• Cave Man
        Scout
        • Feb 2009

On the subject of bugs, I've been meaning to mention this one for a while, as it could well result in a failed quest at some point.

It started with Gensouband (i.e., didn't happen in Katteban) and applies to all three releases. I'm running the Windows build, with the graphics option set to "Old tiles". Any attempt to look at or target or hit Cerberus instantly crashes the game. You can reload the game and get back to exactly the same point where the crash occurred (so no loss) and continue without problem as long as you don't interact with Cerberus.

Comment

• Cryomaniac
          Swordsman
          • Jan 2022

This one is my fault, missed some data while updating r_info for Gensouband release; uploaded a version with fixed r_info to my github project

Comment

• Cave Man
            Scout
            • Feb 2009

I only took about 2 months to report the bug, and you took about 2 minutes to fix it. Now, where's the message icon that simultaneously expresses gratitude, awe and embarrassment?

Comment

• AwkwardBirb
              Rookie
              • Nov 2022

Originally posted by Cryomaniac
              Not sure what could be going on; could you provide a savefile?
              Unfortunately the character has long died so I don't have a save. But if I run into it again, I will share the save file then.

Comment

• Cryomaniac
                Swordsman
                • Jan 2022

Translation for v2.0.3 ready; bugfixes and Megumu Iizunamaru is now playable.

Author homepage:

Translation github project:
                English translation for Hengband Touhou Katteban. Contribute to Cryomaniac13/hengband-touhou-katteban-en development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

• Cryomaniac
                  Swordsman
                  • Jan 2022

English translation for v2.0.4 ready; adds a new unique class with the randomly generated ability mechanic (similar to Thaumaturgy from ToME 2.x.x), tweaks existing randomly generated ability mechanics

Author homepage:

English translation for Hengband Touhou Katteban. Contribute to Cryomaniac13/hengband-touhou-katteban-en development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

• Cryomaniac
                    Swordsman
                    • Jan 2022

English translation for v2.0.4b; version update has bugfixes/tweaks for the randomly generated abilities

Author homepage:

Comment

• Shapes
                      Rookie
                      • Dec 2019

Made a spreadsheet summarizing the ladder dumps + comp winner for scores etc at a glance.
                      Link here
                      In-progress or quit characters have been skipped.
                      Tried roughly guessing turncounts, which will be very inaccurate if time stops are involved. (The ladder "turncount" column corresponds to play time)

Comment

• Van
                        Rookie
                        • Feb 2015

This variant seems pretty good. An insane number of races/classes/player characters and the reflavoring works well overall.

Do you know how resistances and weaknesses stack for different classes stack? I'm playing a crow-tengu shugenja, and tengu get a weakness to holy attacks, but shugenja eventually get holy resistance. Do they cancel out or does one override the other, or what?

Comment

• Cryomaniac
                          Swordsman
                          • Jan 2022

Originally posted by Van
                          Do you know how resistances and weaknesses stack for different classes stack? I'm playing a crow-tengu shugenja, and tengu get a weakness to holy attacks, but shugenja eventually get holy resistance. Do they cancel out or does one override the other, or what?
                          Resistances and vulnerabilities stack; you'll take less damage than if you'd been neutral to holy, but more compared to being simply resistant without a vulnerability. To be more specific: Crow-Tengu takes 33% extra damage from holy attacks, being resistant cuts the damage in half; you'll end up taking 66.5% damage.

Comment

• Van
                            Rookie
                            • Feb 2015

Cool. I take it that personal resistances are essentially treated as equipment resistances, eg holy resistance from a class won't stack with holy resistant armor? And thank you for the translation.

Comment

• Cryomaniac
                              Swordsman
                              • Jan 2022

Yes, class/race resistance won't stack with resistance obtained from equipment.

Comment

• Van
                                Rookie
                                • Feb 2015

Some typos and translation issues:

There's a unique enemy named Hong Meirin, but when you see her at the Scarlet Devil Mansion Gate her name is spelled Hong Meiling instead. The latter seems to be what most translations in other games go with.

The Logrus Master and Friends has a line that starts with "They're perform suspicious rituals"

One of the rumors contains the line "He's unbelievable powerful for a dark elf."
                                Last edited by Van; January 25, 2023, 23:22.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎