Current master post-4.2.2

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PowerWyrm
    replied
    Originally posted by MattB
    I've got some venomous iron shots which do more damage when thrown than they do when fired out of my sling. This seems... odd.
    The sling is a standard (x2)(+0,+0) and the shots are venom 1d5(+5,+4). Average thrown damage is 42.4 and average launched damage is 35.3.
    Is that intended?
    The throwing code uses a complete different calculation than the shooting code and applies a "might" factor depending on the throwing object's weight. Usually thorwing something does way more damage than shooting it for some reason...

    Leave a comment:


  • MattB
    replied
    ...And I quite like the idea of carrying Belthronding around whilst stubbornly lobbing pebbles at my foes.

    Leave a comment:


  • MattB
    replied
    Ah. That's exactly why I thought it would be worth making some preliminary enquiries
    to see whether it is actually a bug or simply a wonderful, surprising piece of game design.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by MattB
    I've got some venomous iron shots which do more damage when thrown than they do when fired out of my sling. This seems... odd.
    The sling is a standard (x2)(+0,+0) and the shots are venom 1d5(+5,+4). Average thrown damage is 42.4 and average launched damage is 35.3.
    Is that intended?
    Sure, why not?

    It's maybe a slight anomaly, but I think it's arising out of the attempt to make throwing of stuff interesting. Maybe think of it as a reflection of how crap an unenchanted sling is.

    Leave a comment:


  • MattB
    replied
    I've got some venomous iron shots which do more damage when thrown than they do when fired out of my sling. This seems... odd.
    The sling is a standard (x2)(+0,+0) and the shots are venom 1d5(+5,+4). Average thrown damage is 42.4 and average launched damage is 35.3.
    Is that intended?

    Leave a comment:


  • MattB
    replied
    Happened to me again today, but this time both entry points of the labyrinth section were blocked with granite. Again in the dlvl 20s.

    Leave a comment:


  • MattB
    replied
    Sure - here you go.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by MattB
    And this one's a dungeon generation issue. I had a cavern level with a Pac-Man section inserted in the middle. The only way out of the labyrinth was blocked with granite. There were no down stairs in my half of the map (I was playing forced descent so the upstairs weren't ay help.
    As it happens my H-T was quite capable of tunnelling through granite, and I had recall, but I might have been playing a gnome, or ironman. I assume it is not now considered policy to carry tunnelling ability?
    Not that it mattered anyway. Poor chap got vaporised by an Ancient Gold on the next level.
    Savefile attached if it helps.
    Yes, probably that shouldn't be blocked. Could you attach you randart file too? It should be in your archive directory, and called randart_00869a2b.txt.

    Leave a comment:


  • MattB
    replied
    And this one's a dungeon generation issue. I had a cavern level with a Pac-Man section inserted in the middle. The only way out of the labyrinth was blocked with granite. There were no down stairs in my half of the map (I was playing forced descent so the upstairs weren't ay help.
    As it happens my H-T was quite capable of tunnelling through granite, and I had recall, but I might have been playing a gnome, or ironman. I assume it is not now considered policy to carry tunnelling ability?
    Not that it mattered anyway. Poor chap got vaporised by an Ancient Gold on the next level.
    Savefile attached if it helps.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by MattB
    Couple of minor glitches with the latest nightly (using Shockbolt if that's relevant):

    i) In town I have more than one downstair, although only one of them works. The number varies on each recall. Right now one of them is in the middle of the armoury - I kind of like that...

    ii) When I recall to town, the 'Overhead' term shows the old dungeon level drawn underneath the town. I'm using 'overhead' instead of 'Map' because 'Map' gives me unbearable flicker. Very minor, I know, but you did ask for bugs! (Also, I'm using multiple monitors if that makes a difference.)
    These both sound like tile problems - I've filed a bug.

    Leave a comment:


  • MattB
    replied
    Couple of minor glitches with the latest nightly (using Shockbolt if that's relevant):

    i) In town I have more than one downstair, although only one of them works. The number varies on each recall. Right now one of them is in the middle of the armoury - I kind of like that...

    ii) When I recall to town, the 'Overhead' term shows the old dungeon level drawn underneath the town. I'm using 'overhead' instead of 'Map' because 'Map' gives me unbearable flicker. Very minor, I know, but you did ask for bugs! (Also, I'm using multiple monitors if that makes a difference.)

    Leave a comment:


  • archolewa
    replied
    Originally posted by will_asher
    It's very helpful to remember exactly where that spotted jelly or disenchanter mold is so you don't accidently step next to it again.
    Oh God yes. Especially when you're a Blackguard with Bloodlust active who accidentally steps next to a death mold. Lost one of my Blackguards that way...

    On that day I learned that Blackguards fear NOTHING. Except death molds. Terrible, horrifying death molds.

    Leave a comment:


  • will_asher
    replied
    Originally posted by DavidMedley
    How many monsters can neither move nor teleport? Can't be many past the initial molds, right?
    It's very helpful to remember exactly where that spotted jelly or disenchanter mold is so you don't accidently step next to it again.
    Also, objects can also move when they're picked up by monsters, but they stay on the screen.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    The original surely had negative and positive contributions--probably Helm of Gorlim.

    Leave a comment:


  • PowerWyrm
    replied
    Maybe change so that low power is treated the same as negative power and adds a couple good abilities and a couple curses?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕