X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bughunter
    Adept
    • Nov 2019

'Unignoring' on status line

This showed up several thousand moves ago, don't know what it means. Was waiting for it to just go away but it hasn't. This is my first rogue to get this deep (dl63) so I don't want to fk anything up.

It probably got turned on when I was mashing keys from muscle memory but got out of sync with the game because of an unnoticed notification. Or I fat fingered something.

I've never ignored anything, though am tempted to start ignoring books...

(Also never understood the 'DTrap' that comes and goes on my gnome mage, either.)

I usually don't ask for spoilers, prefer the entertainment of finding out for myself, but is there one for these status flags?
  • Sideways
    Knight
    • Nov 2008

"Unignoring" means all ignored items are shown normally; you can toggle it with K (normal keyset) or O (roguelike), although there's no need to if you're not ignoring anything anyway.

Green DTrap means you are inside a trap-detected area; yellow DTrap means you are at the border of a trap-detected area; no DTrap means the area has not been trap-detected.
    The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.

Comment

• bughunter
      Adept
      • Nov 2019

OK, thanks, that's what I was assuming but I was growing paranoid.

Undead are always my rogues' bane this deep, so paranoia is justified.

Originally posted by Sideways
      Green DTrap means you are inside a trap-detected area; yellow DTrap means you are at the border of a trap-detected area; no DTrap means the area has not been trap-detected.
      OK, thanks also.

And just because I'm an engineer, someone please explain "trap-detected area" so I know I understand correctly.

Comment

• Nick
        Vanilla maintainer
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by bughunter
        And just because I'm an engineer, someone please explain "trap-detected area" so I know I understand correctly.
        The mage's detection spell detects traps within a box (22x40) around the player; the game remembers where you've detected, and puts up the DTrap sign as Sideways explained.

Note that this area will still be marked as detected if something casts trap creation, so it's not a complete guarantee.
        One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
        In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• bughunter
          Adept
          • Nov 2019

Thanks, Nick.

I didn't draw a correlation between the two while playing.

After a while, you get an intuitive understanding of places where the game likes to place traps.

Not that there aren't still surprises!

Comment

• smbhax
            Swordsman
            • Oct 2021

"Unignoring" appears to be left out of the manual?

That status message was driving me nuts until I found this thread--I think I knew "O" once before and then forgot; managed to miss it in the command list here for a while... It didn't match up with ^d or whatever I thought it would. ; ) (Well, it doesn't match up with d, or maybe U for Unignoring, or K for whatever that is in the other command set.)

Anyway, would be nice to have in the manual, on that page under "Ignoring items."

(Also, ctrl+lowercase is still showing as uppercases in the manual it looks like, like "^D" instead of ^d for ignoring individual items.)
            My Angband videos

Comment

• backwardsEric
              Knight
              • Aug 2019

Originally posted by smbhax
              "Unignoring" appears to be left out of the manual?
              A draft of a change to remedy that is here, https://github.com/angband/angband/pull/5721 .

Comment

• smbhax
                Swordsman
                • Oct 2021

Cool. Might be a missing "^" sign there? I've added a comment to the linked page.
                My Angband videos

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍