• Show
Clear All
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Grotug
    Okay. Here is a video of the trap behaving in weird/unexpected ways:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgOcJ-2FPiQ#t=67m20s
    Thanks, that's helpful. It looks like the trap graphic gets reversed at some point, so the trap is visible for a while while disabled, and then vanishes when it becomes re-enabled.
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Nick
      Vanilla maintainer
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by wobbly
      The targeting for breathe weapons is out. Monsters target the "knight move" even though the breathe cone wont hit.
      I have done fairly exhaustive testing of this and can't reproduce it - has it been seen lately?

Comment

• wobbly
        Prophet
        • May 2012

I haven't been playing much recently, but I'll look out for it next time I play, see if its still happening.

Comment

• whartung
          Adept
          • May 2020

Originally posted by Nick
          I have done fairly exhaustive testing of this and can't reproduce it - has it been seen lately?
          I recently saw perhaps something like this. These were hounds breathing on me, but not hitting. They knew I was there, they were breathing, I was around a corner, but the breath was not hitting. And yet they were in LOS at some point, as I was basically just waiting them out. When they poked in to LOS, I'd stick an arrow in to them.

Don't know if that's the anticipated behavior or not.

Comment

• wobbly
            Prophet
            • May 2012

The targeting for breathe weapons is out. Monsters target the "knight move" even though the breathe cone wont hit.
            Originally posted by Nick

Current master on angband.live

The sky dragon is 10 N 1 W at full health and just breathed force. I was already injured, my hps look close to where they were before it breathed.

Comment

• Nick
              Vanilla maintainer
              • Apr 2007

http://angband.oook.cz/screen-show.php?id=4819

Current master on angband.live

The sky dragon is 10 N 1 W at full health and just breathed force. I was already injured, my hps look close to where they were before it breathed.
              So that should do about 100HP. I'll try to reproduce the same situation and see what I can see.

Comment

• drquicksilver
                Scout
                • Jul 2020

I can definitely confirm breathing monsters breathe even when they can’t hit you in 4.2.1. I haven’t worked out exactly when it happens but it is fairly common with a group of hounds in a room and @ just down a corridor.

Comment

• Nick
                  Vanilla maintainer
                  • Apr 2007

OK, can confirm. It looks like the error is in the projection code that actually produces the breath. The monster checks if it can hit the player's grid, gets a "yes" and tries to, but the projection function calculates that that grid is not hit.

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                    Prophet
                    • Apr 2008

I was wondering why sometimes in my variant I was seeing something breathe from afar without getting hit (usually a vortex). Now I know I was not hallucinating...
                    PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎