Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spara
    Adept
    • Nov 2014

A quite unexperienced @ found an un-IDd Main Cauche when exploring DL9 (Main Cauche (1d5) (+0, +0) {??}). Interestingly the only question marks in the character screen are for attributes.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	dagger.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	233221
    Save: dagger.zip

Edit: Save and restart seems to have fixed the issue.

Comment

• Amnekian
      Apprentice
      • May 2013

Originally posted by Sky
      BUT i did make him download 4.1.2 so he still has easymode Ranger and Mage to play for that extra edge in winning.
      As someone that mainly played Angband in version 3.5.0, I'm a bit out of the loop here. I was under the impression that Priests were easy mode and Mage almost hard mode. Did this changed in the later versions?

Comment

• Pete Mack
        Prophet
        • Apr 2007

Mage without resistance and haste is much weakened in 4.1.3 compared to 4.1.2 and earlier.

Comment

• Nick
          Vanilla maintainer
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Pete Mack
          Mage without resistance and haste is much weakened in 4.1.3 compared to 4.1.2 and earlier.
          Clarifying - this does not happen in 4.1.3, which is the latest official release and what is available from the front page of rephial.org.

What Pete is talking about is the current master development branch, which has made major changes from 4.1.3. These changes will eventually become part of 4.2, when that is released.
          One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
          In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• fph
            Veteran
            • Apr 2009

I haven't played one, but looking at gamedata/class.txt the mage should get the Resistance spell in (town) book 3 also in the current master.
            --
            Dive fast, die young, leave a high-CHA corpse.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎