Having 273 SP is fun. I can pretty much be perpetually hasted if I want. In fact, I just found a RoS [+7] but it knocks off like 80SP so I will not wear it (my two rings of INT are now +6 and +5). I'm carrying too many books, though. Not sure which I should drop. I also stupidly didn't hold onto, I guess, what was the second Raal's Tome of Destruction (I thought it was Gilmore of Power, but I got the books confused) I found because I thought I had stored the first one in my home but hadn't.
I've actually, surprisingly, been fine with my CON, except when I failed to phase using book spell after Catlord summoned me to her. After her turn I had 26 health and was confused. So I healed, but was again confused at the start of my turn (I had also foolishly dropped my _telportation)Got lucky and after !CCW I wasn't confused at start of my turn and ?phased away. Took awhile, but I did finally defeat her with bolts (not so easy given the constant summons).
Think I'm gonna forego Mordenkain's escapes for now, as nice as door and stair creation are. But Door creation can be a life saver if you have an instadeath breather down a long corridor. And since I just DD'd to DL76 I will be facing many many instadeathers now. So I think I will keep it. I did drop the book that self-teleports though, as it has no great spells.
Pete Mack, PowerDiver: yes,it's a blast going around with less than 300HP at these depths.

Wow, found another ring of INT <+6> bringing my INT to 190 but it didn't increase my mana pool at all. How come? SP is still at 273.

Leave a comment: