Hobbit Ranger

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pete Mack
    replied
    800 damage is *already* ridiculously high. Use the branding spell from Tenser's to make ammo that works against a majority of enemies. Save the slay evil for truly valuable targets (ie, Morgoth and possibly a couple others) CL40 Ranger is already stronger than any other class in the game, with the exception of a lucky player with an epic Sling of Buckland.

    Pick up arrows by teleporting M when you run out. He will destroy a number of them with Mana Storm, so don't expect too much reuse.

    Leave a comment:


  • Grotug
    replied
    I am having good luck getting my CON up on DL98. Found a better "Trickery too. I'm now at 715HP and 30K away fromCL42; my CON is 18/189. I do not have any RoS, so trading a ring of power for something else isn't really realistic. Also, would have to go back and pick up Thranduil somewhere else on the level, which means TOing a bunch of stuff again (not really a big deal). I found a short bow of Lorien <+5> but it somehow does less damage than my Amrod. Well, it has X3 multiplier, and Amrod has X4. My arrows of Holy Might do 900 vs evil. But how do I get the arrows after I finish firing them? I have yet to find any other good arrows; though these arrows of lightning do 800+ and I took down a couple Dracoliches with them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    If you are short of CON, rings of power are not an optimal choice. They provide much less than CON ring or even Tulkas. Anyway, focus on killing Morgoth, not the optimal kit. A CL40 Ranger is already strong enough to win. Keep an eye out for Lothlorien bows(+5), which will kill Morgoth in something like 30 turns, 800+ damage per turn vs evil.

    Leave a comment:


  • Grotug
    replied
    Originally posted by fph
    Why do you wear those +6 boots of Elvenkind instead of the +10 speed boots? To me, stealth and feather falling seem much, much less important than 4 points of speed -- especially if you are below +20, because that means getting double-breathed.
    I haste self whenever its necessary since I have 313 SP. I find keeping things asleep as long as possible is very helpful. When I find good arrows I will probably go back to elvenkind shield to go back to legendary stealth. Of course there is the off chance I will go the DW route and totally rearrange my setup. I have to admit it is tempting, but I'm not sure I'd be comfortable doing it with less than 800HP and I currently have 612, though that may go up when I shuffle around my gear, but I am enjoying this stealthy play with awesome spellpower.

    I guess it doesn't really matter if a swarm of black reavers and Demi-Liches are headed my way. TO some of them away and crush the others in a few rounds. I just might try it. HMMMMMMM. I have two ?DD so I could start the end bosses right now. I have 3 rods of TO to compensate the loss of SP. but no means of temporary haste self other than my spell book since I tossed my !speeds. I shoulda kept the !speeds and tossed Arvedui. I dunno why I was thinking I might use it at the end, except that it has +2 STR. That is the only reason I kept it. I'm gonna shuffle for DW and report back on my stats.

    If Wielding Deathwreaker
    So this isn't terrible: my SP is still 215, and I'm still not maxed on INT. I can get 4.7 Blows/round wearing <+6> CON ring, but because Oromë was providing <+4> speed, even though I have Trickery equipped I'm at 18 base speed with the <+10> boots. I guess I could try this setup against Sauron and see how it goes. I could wear Tulkas but then I will be less than 600HP. I wonder if I should wait a little longer before making the switch. If I wear Dal-a-thalion and Weaponmastery I can get my To-Dam up significantly at the cost of speed: base speed will be 10 speed instead of 18, but I'll be doing 1280 vs Undead, 690 vs animals and Evil, 886 vs Dragons. Looks like I might melee Morgoth in the end after all. 20 speed while hasted isn't bad with that sort of dam output. I have to admit I never tire of playing warrior style.

    With +18 speed setup I'm doing 1167 vs Undead, 609 vs Evil and 795 vs Dragons.

    I suppose once I find a good helm of might I might be able to swap out the CON ring for SPEED ring. I'm wondring if Tuklas will be used at all? Maybe Tulkas and ROS? Seems crazy not to use a ring of power, though. Proof against fire, ESP and Regen are kinda clutch (though for the final battle I will have lots of !Mana Restores).

    I DD with my setup before, but swapped out Ingwe for Trickery. Just quaffed another !CON and my HP went from 612 to 672.
    Last edited by Grotug; January 3, 2017, 23:32.

    Leave a comment:


  • fph
    replied
    Why do you wear those +6 boots of Elvenkind instead of the +10 speed boots? To me, stealth and feather falling seem much, much less important than 4 points of speed -- especially if you are below +20, because that means getting double-breathed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Grotug
    replied
    Latest Char Dump:

    Code:
      [Angband 4.0.5 Character Dump]
    
     Name   Samwise      Age             24          Self  RB  CB  EB   Best
     Race   Hobbit       Height        2'8"   STR:  18/92  -2  +0  +5 18/122
     Class  Ranger       Weight     4st 3lb   INT:  18/70  +2  +2  +8 18/190
     Title  Pathfinder   Turns used:          WIS:     18  +1  -2  +4  18/30
     HP     496/496      Game        333006   DEX! 18/100  +3  +1  +1 18/150
     SP     55/305       Standard     52432   CON:     16  +2  -1 +11 18/100
                         Resting       1500
    
     Level                 40    Armor     [25,+113]    Saving Throw     89%
     Cur Exp          1642367                           Stealth       Heroic
     Max Exp          1642367    Melee       4d6,+35    Disarming        99%
     Adv Exp          1750000    To-hit       55,+44    Magic Devices    101
                                 Blows      5.0/turn    Perception   1 in 19
     Gold              138224                           Searching        36%
     Burden          137.3 lb    Shoot to-dam    +15    Infravision   120 ft
     Overweight      -42.6 lb    To-hit       90,+41    Speed             15
     Max Depth    4400' (L88)    Shots        3/turn
    
     You are the only child of a Hobbit Burglar.  You are a well liked
     child.  You have hazel eyes, wavy red hair, and a dark complexion.
    
    
    
    rAcid:.?..+.+.....! Nexus:.?...........
    rElec:.?..+.+.....! Nethr:.?....+......
    rFire:++*...+.....! Chaos:.?...........
    rCold:.?..+.+.....! Disen:.?...........
    rPois:.?......+...! pFear:..+.....++...
    rLite:+?........+.. pBlnd:.....+..+....
    rDark:.?....+...... pConf:....+....+...
    Sound:.?.......+... pStun:.?.......+...
    Shard:.?.....+..... HLife:.?..........+
    
    Regen:.++.......... Stea.:......++...+.
      ESP:..+.......... Sear.:.............
    Invis:+.+.++....... Infra:+...+.......+
    FrAct:.?+.+.....+.. Tunn.:.............
    Feath:+?.........+. Speed:+.+........+!
    S.Dig:.?+.......... Blows:.............
    ImpHP:............. Shots:.............
     Fear:............. Might:.+...........
    Aggrv:.?........... Light:+....+....+..
    
    
      [Character Equipment]
    
    a) the Spear of Oromë (4d6) (+15,+15) <+4, +1> {!d!v!k@1!!}
         Found lying on the floor in a vault at 1600 feet (level 32)
         
         +4 intelligence.
         +4 infravision.
         +4 speed.
         Slays giants, animals.
         Branded with fire.
         Provides resistance to fire, light.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         Blessed by the gods.  Feather Falling.  Grants the ability to see
         invisible things.  
         Radius 1 light.
         
         When activated, it turns rock into mud.
         Takes 17 turns to recharge at your current speed.
         Your chance of success is 97.0%
         
         Combat info:
         5.0 blows/round.
         Average damage/round: 405.5 vs. creatures not resistant to fire,
         405.5 vs. giants, 330.5 vs. animals, and 255.5 vs. others.
         
    b) the Short Bow of Amrod (x4) (+12,+15) <+2> {special}
         Dropped by Itangast the Fire Drake at 4100 feet (level 82)
         
         You do not know the full extent of this item's powers.
         +2 strength.
         +2 constitution.
         +2 shooting power.
         Provides resistance to fire.
         Cannot be harmed by fire.
         Speeds regeneration.  
         
    c) the Ring of Fire 'Narya' (+2,+2) <+1, +5>
         Found lying on the floor of a labyrinth at 4100 feet (level 82)
         
         +1 strength.
         +1 intelligence.
         +1 wisdom.
         +1 dexterity.
         +1 constitution.
         +5 speed.
         Provides immunity to fire.
         Provides protection from fear.
         Cannot be harmed by lightning.
         Sustains strength, constitution.
         Slows your metabolism.  Speeds regeneration.  Prevents paralysis. 
         Grants telepathy.  Grants the ability to see invisible things.  
         
         When activated, it grants you protection from evil for 1d25 plus 3
         times your character level turns.
         Takes 714 to 1400 turns to recharge at your current speed.
         Your chance of success is 91.0%
         
    d) a Ring of Constitution <+6>
         Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4400 feet (level 88)
         
         +6 constitution.
         Sustains constitution.
         
    e) the Pendant of Ingwë <+3, +4>
         Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4200 feet (level 84)
         
         +3 intelligence.
         +3 wisdom.
         +4 infravision.
         Provides resistance to acid, lightning, frost.
         Provides protection from confusion.
         Prevents paralysis.  Grants the ability to see invisible things.  
         
         When activated, it deals five times your level's damage to all
         evil creatures that you can see.
         Takes 178 to 350 turns to recharge at your current speed.
         Your chance of success is 91.8%
         
    f) a Lantern of True Sight (14579 turns) <+2>
         Bought from a store
         
         Provides protection from blindness.
         Cannot be harmed by fire.
         Grants the ability to see invisible things.  
         Radius 2 light.
         
    g) the Soft Leather Armour 'Hithlomir' [10,+20] <+3>
         Dropped by a Quasit at 3450 feet (level 69)
         
         +3 stealth.
         Provides resistance to acid, lightning, fire, frost, dark, nether.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         
    h) a Cloak of Aman [1,+25] <+3>
         Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4200 feet (level 84)
         
         +3 stealth.
         Provides resistance to shards.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         
    i) the Leather Shield of the Haradrim (+5,+5) [9,+15] <+2>
         Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4200 feet (level 84)
         
         +2 strength.
         +2 constitution.
         Provides resistance to poison gas.
         Provides protection from fear, blindness.
         Cannot be harmed by acid.
         Sustains strength, constitution.
         
         When activated, it puts you in a berserker rage for d50+50 turns.
         Takes 175 turns to recharge at your current speed.
         Your chance of success is 95.3%
         
    j) a Jewel Encrusted Crown of Serenity [0,+15]
         Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4200 feet (level 84)
         
         Provides resistance to sound.
         Provides protection from fear, confusion, stunning.
         Cannot be harmed by acid.
         
    k) the Set of Leather Gloves 'Cammithrim' (+5,+5) [1,+11] <+1>
         Found lying on the floor in a vault at 3000 feet (level 60)
         
         Provides resistance to light.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         Sustains constitution.
         Prevents paralysis.  
         Radius 1 light.
         
         When activated, it fires a magic missile with damage 3d4.
         Takes 7 turns to recharge at your current speed.
         Your chance of success is 97.3%
         
    l) a Pair of Iron Shod Boots of Elvenkind [4,+17] <+3, +6>
         Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4200 feet (level 84)
         
         +3 stealth.
         +6 speed.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         Feather Falling.  
         
    
    
    
    
      [Character Inventory]
    
    a) a Book of Magic Spells [Magic for Beginners] {@1}
    b) a Book of Magic Spells [Conjurings and Tricks]
    c) a Book of Magic Spells [Incantations and Illusions] {@2}
    d) a Book of Magic Spells [Sorcery and Evocations] {@3}
    e) a Book of Magic Spells [Resistances of Scarabtarices] {@4}
         Cannot be harmed by fire.
         
    f) a Book of Magic Spells [Mordenkainen's Escapes] {@5}
         Cannot be harmed by fire.
         
    g) 13 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds
    h) 12 Potions of Cure Critical Wounds
    i) 3 Potions of Healing
    j) 2 Potions of *Healing*
         It can be thrown at creatures with damaging effect.
         
    k) 2 Potions of Enlightenment
    l) 28 Scrolls of Phase Door
    m) 11 Scrolls of Teleportation {!*}
    n) a Scroll of Banishment
    o) 3 Wands of Teleport Other (11 charges)
    p) 2 Staves of Mapping (7 charges)
    q) a Staff of Healing (3 charges)
    r) 2 Staves of Power (0 charges) {!u}
    
    
    
    
      [Character Quiver]
    
    0) 20 Arrows of Venom (1d4) (+5,+5)
         Branded with poison.
         
         Combat info:
         Hits targets up to 140 feet away.
         Average damage/round: 491.4 vs. creatures not resistant to poison,
         and 280.8 vs. others.
         35% chance of breaking upon contact.
         
    1) 20 Arrows of Flame (1d4) (+4,+4)
         Branded with fire.
         Cannot be harmed by fire.
         
         Combat info:
         Hits targets up to 140 feet away.
         Average damage/round: 469.5 vs. creatures not resistant to fire,
         and 268.2 vs. others.
         35% chance of breaking upon contact.
         
    2) 20 Arrows of Venom (1d4) (+6,+6)
         Branded with poison.
         
         Combat info:
         Hits targets up to 140 feet away.
         Average damage/round: 513.3 vs. creatures not resistant to poison,
         and 293.1 vs. others.
         35% chance of breaking upon contact.
         
    3) 24 Seeker Arrows of Lightning (4d4) (+16,+15)
         Branded with lightning.
         
         Combat info:
         Hits targets up to 140 feet away.
         Average damage/round: 882 vs. creatures not resistant to
         lightning, and 504 vs. others.
         35% chance of breaking upon contact.
         
    4) 10 Mithril Arrows of Wounding (3d4) (+16,+21)
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         
         Combat info:
         Hits targets up to 140 feet away.
         Average damage/round: 548.1.
         35% chance of breaking upon contact.
         
    
    
      [Home Inventory]
    
    a) a Book of Magic Spells [Tenser's Transformations]
         Cannot be harmed by fire.
         
    b) 26 Potions of Cure Critical Wounds
    c) 5 Potions of *Healing*
         It can be thrown at creatures with damaging effect.
         
    d) a Potion of Life
         It can be thrown at creatures with damaging effect.
         
    e) 8 Potions of Restore Mana
    f) 3 Scrolls of Mass Banishment
    g) 3 Scrolls of Rune of Protection
    h) a Scroll of *Destruction*
    i) a Rod of Teleport Other
    j) a Ring of Intelligence <+6> {!d!v!k}
         +6 intelligence.
         Sustains intelligence.
         
    k) the Ring of Tulkas <+4> {special}
         Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4200 feet (level 84)
         
         You do not know the full extent of this item's powers.
         +4 strength.
         +4 dexterity.
         +4 constitution.
         
         When activated, it hastens you for d75+75 turns.
         Takes 528 to 1050 turns to recharge at your current speed.
         Your chance of success is 91.0%
         
    l) an Amulet of Weaponmastery (+4,+4) <+3>
         Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4200 feet (level 84)
         
         +3 strength.
         Provides resistance to disenchantment.
         Provides protection from fear.
         Sustains strength, constitution.
         Prevents paralysis.  
         
    m) an Amulet of Trickery <+3, +1, +5>
         Dropped by Itangast the Fire Drake at 4100 feet (level 82)
         
         +3 dexterity.
         +1 stealth.
         +5 searching skill.
         +5 infravision.
         +3 speed.
         Provides resistance to poison gas, nexus.
         Sustains dexterity.
         
    n) Chaos Dragon Scale Mail (Dwarven) (-2) [40,+39] <+1, +2, +3>
         Found lying on the floor of a labyrinth at 4100 feet (level 82)
         
         +1 strength.
         +2 constitution.
         +3 infravision.
         Provides resistance to chaos, disenchantment.
         Prevents paralysis.  
         
    o) the Chain Mail of Arvedui (-2) [40,+15] <+2>
         Found lying on the floor of a cavern at 2200 feet (level 44)
         
         +2 strength.
         Provides resistance to acid, lightning, fire, frost, shards,
         nexus.
         Cannot be harmed by acid.
         
    p) the Hard Leather Armour of Himring [20] {special}
         Taken from a chest found at 4400 feet (level 88)
         
         You do not know the full extent of this item's powers.
         
         It can be activated.
         
    q) the Cloak 'Colluin' [1,+15]
         Found lying on the floor of a cavern at 3900 feet (level 78)
         
         Provides resistance to acid, lightning, fire, frost, poison gas.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         
         When activated, it grants temporary resistance to acid,
         electricity, fire, cold and poison for 1d20+20 turns.
         Takes 388 turns to recharge at your current speed.
         Your chance of success is 97.7%
         
    r) a Wicker Shield of Elvenkind [2,+13] <+2>
         Taken from a chest found at 3450 feet (level 69)
         
         +2 stealth.
         Provides resistance to acid, lightning, fire, frost, poison gas.
         Cannot be harmed by acid.
         
    s) the Pair of Leather Boots 'Dal-i-thalion' [2,+15] <+5>
         Dropped by an Easterling warrior at 4400 feet (level 88)
         
         +5 dexterity.
         +5 speed.
         Provides resistance to nether.
         Provides protection from confusion.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         Sustains constitution.
         Prevents paralysis.  
         
         When activated, it cures you of fear and poison.
         Takes 17 turns to recharge at your current speed.
         Your chance of success is 97.3%
         
    t) a Pair of Iron Shod Boots of Speed [4] <+10> {splendid}
         Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4200 feet (level 84)
         
         You do not know the full extent of this item's powers.
         +10 speed.
         
    u) the Trident of Wrath (3d10) (+16,+18) <+2>
         Dropped by a Dark elven druid at 2450 feet (level 49)
         
         +2 strength.
         +2 dexterity.
         Slays evil creatures, undead (powerfully).
         Branded with poison.
         Provides resistance to light, dark.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         Blessed by the gods.  Grants the ability to see invisible things. 
         
         
         Combat info:
         5.0 blows/round.
         Average damage/round: 475 vs. creatures not resistant to poison,
         386 vs. evil creatures, 653.5 vs. undead, and 297 vs. others.
         
    v) the Mace of Disruption 'Deathwreaker' (7d8) (+18,+18) <+6, +4>
         Found lying on the floor at 4250 feet (level 85)
         
         +6 strength.
         +4 tunneling.
         Slays dragons, animals, evil creatures, undead (powerfully).
         Branded with fire.
         Provides immunity to fire.
         Provides resistance to dark, chaos, disenchantment.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         Aggravates creatures nearby.  
         
         Combat info:
         4.3 blows/round.
         With +0 STR and +3 DEX you would get 4.7 blows
         Average damage/round: 720.4 vs. creatures not resistant to fire,
         720.4 vs. dragons, 551.1 vs. animals, 551.1 vs. evil creatures,
         1059.3 vs. undead, and 381.4 vs. others.
         
    w) a Mace of Disruption (Holy Avenger) (5d8) (+19,+21) [+3] <+3>
         Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4200 feet (level 84)
         
         +3 wisdom.
         Slays evil creatures, demons, undead.
         Provides protection from fear.
         Sustains constitution.
         Blessed by the gods.  Grants the ability to see invisible things. 
         
         
         Combat info:
         4.0 blows/round.
         With +6 STR and +0 DEX you would get 4.3 blows
         With +0 STR and +3 DEX you would get 4.3 blows
         Average damage/round: 406.8 vs. evil creatures, 517.6 vs. demons,
         517.6 vs. undead, and 296 vs. others.
         
    x) 23 Seeker Arrows of Holy Might (4d4) (+18,+23)
         Slays evil creatures, demons, undead.
         Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
         
         Combat info:
         Hits targets up to 140 feet away.
         Average damage/round: 907.2 vs. evil creatures, 1058.4 vs. demons,
         1058.4 vs. undead, and 604.8 vs. others.
         35% chance of breaking upon contact.
         
    
    
    [Player history]
          Turn   Depth  Note
             0      0'  Began the quest to destroy Morgoth.
           160      0'  Killed Farmer Maggot
           300    100'  Killed Grip, Farmer Maggot's dog
           300    100'  Reached level 2
           300    100'  Reached level 3
           345    100'  Reached level 4
           535    150'  Reached level 5
          1134    200'  Reached level 6
          1627    200'  Reached level 7
          2354    250'  Reached level 8
          3546    400'  Reached level 9
          3891    400'  Reached level 10
          4387    450'  Reached level 11
          5130    600'  Killed Fang, Farmer Maggot's dog
          5576    650'  Reached level 12
          5877    650'  Killed Brodda, the Easterling
          6061    650'  Reached level 13
          6604    650'  Reached level 14
          7727    650'  Reached level 15
          7772    650'  Reached level 16
          7816    650'  Reached level 17
          7855    650'  Reached level 18
          7978    650'  Reached level 19
          8890    900'  Reached level 20
          9857   1000'  Reached level 21
         10838   1100'  Killed Orfax, Son of Boldor
         10892   1100'  Killed Boldor, King of the Yeeks
         10897   1100'  Found the Long Sword 'Elvagil' (LOST)
         11677   1350'  Killed Nár, the Dwarf
         11797   1350'  Reached level 22
         12164   1400'  Reached level 23
         13637   1450'  Reached level 24
         14745   1600'  Reached level 25
         14745   1600'  Reached level 26
         14907   1600'  Reached level 27
         15600   1600'  Found the Broad Axe 'Barukkheled' (LOST)
         15631   1600'  Found the Spear of Oromë
         16187   1600'  Killed Ibun, Son of Mîm
         16511   1600'  Killed Wormtongue, Agent of Saruman
         17659   1600'  Reached level 28
         17749   1600'  Killed Draebor, the Imp
         17752   1600'  Found the Phial of Galadriel (LOST)
         18900   1900'  Killed Sangahyando of Umbar
         18915   1900'  Killed Angamaitë of Umbar
         18932   1900'  Found the Flail 'Totila' (LOST)
         19300   2200'  Found the Chain Mail of Arvedui
         19810   2200'  Reached level 29
         22356   2450'  Found the Trident of Wrath
         22836   2450'  Reached level 30
         23414   2600'  Killed Bullroarer the Hobbit
         24358   2550'  Reached level 31
         25822   2650'  Killed Gorbag, the Orc Captain
         25887   2650'  Killed Beorn, the Shape-Changer
         25900   2650'  Found the Executioner's Sword 'Crisdurian' (LOST)
         26829   2650'  Reached level 32
         28906   2900'  Reached level 33
         29706   2900'  Killed Uvatha the Horseman
         29806   2900'  Killed Golfimbul, the Hill Orc Chief
         30065   2900'  Killed Bert the Stone Troll
         30081   2900'  Killed Bill the Stone Troll
         30101   2900'  Killed Grishnákh, the Hill Orc
         30158   2900'  Killed Tom the Stone Troll
         31963   3000'  Killed Rogrog the Black Troll
         32008   3000'  Found the Set of Leather Gloves 'Cammithrim'
         32202   3000'  Killed Lorgan, Chief of the Easterlings
         32220   3000'  Killed Lokkak, the Ogre Chieftain
         32227   3000'  Found the Amulet of Carlammas (LOST)
         32619   3250'  Reached level 34
         33829   3350'  Killed Uldor the Accursed
         35152   3450'  Killed Akhorahil the Blind
         35152   3450'  Reached level 35
         35619   3450'  Found the Soft Leather Armour 'Hithlomir'
         35836   3450'  Killed The Cat Lord
         36745   3500'  Found the Leather Scale Mail 'Thalkettoth' (LOST)
         36772   3500'  Killed The Queen Ant
         37075   3500'  Killed Khîm, Son of Mîm
         38531   3500'  Killed Ulfast, Son of Ulfang
         38531   3500'  Killed Mughash the Kobold Lord
         38537   3500'  Found the Rapier 'Careth Asdriag' (LOST)
         38768   3500'  Reached level 36
         39667   3550'  Killed Harowen the Black Hand
         39826   3550'  Killed Castamir the Usurper
         39829   3550'  Found the Necklace of the Dwarves (LOST)
         41256   3900'  Found the Cloak 'Colluin'
         41771   4000'  Killed Bolg, Son of Azog
         42200   4050'  Killed Lagduf, the Snaga
         43302   4100'  Killed Gorlim, Betrayer of Barahir
         43644   4100'  Reached level 37
         43684   4100'  Found the Ring of Fire 'Narya'
         44418   4100'  Killed Itangast the Fire Drake
         44431   4100'  Found the Short Bow of Amrod
         44465   4100'  Found the Lucerne Hammer 'Turmil' (LOST)
         44953   4200'  Killed Smaug the Golden
         45011   4200'  Killed Ulwarth, Son of Ulfang
         45412   4200'  Killed Shagrat, the Orc Captain
         46082   4200'  Found the Mithril Chain Mail 'Belegennon' (LOST)
         46241   4200'  Killed Ufthak of Cirith Ungol
         46243   4200'  Found the Leather Shield of the Haradrim
         46521   4200'  Reached level 38
         46597   4200'  Killed Vargo, Tyrant of Fire
         46643   4200'  Found the Ring of Tulkas
         47060   4200'  Found the Pendant of Ingwë
         47135   4200'  Killed Scatha the Worm
         48556   4250'  Found the Mace of Disruption 'Deathwreaker'
         48915   4250'  Reached level 39
         49045   4250'  Found the Pair of Steel Shod Boots of Thrór (LOST)
         49662   4350'  Killed The Lernaean Hydra
         50311   4400'  Reached level 40
         51220   4400'  Found the Hard Leather Armour of Himring
         51255   4400'  Found the Pair of Leather Boots 'Dal-i-thalion'
    
    
      [Options]
    
      [User interface]
    
    Use the roguelike command keyset             : no  (rogue_like_commands)
    Use sound                                    : yes (use_sound)
    Show damage player deals to monsters         : no  (show_damage)
    Use old target by default                    : no  (use_old_target)
    Always pickup items                          : no  (pickup_always)
    Always pickup items matching inventory       : yes (pickup_inven)
    Show flavors in object descriptions          : no  (show_flavors)
    Highlight target with cursor                 : yes (show_target)
    Disturb whenever viewable monster moves      : yes (disturb_near)
    Show walls as solid blocks                   : no  (solid_walls)
    Show walls with shaded background            : no  (hybrid_walls)
    Color: Illuminate torchlight in yellow       : no  (view_yellow_light)
    Color: Shimmer multi-colored things          : no  (animate_flicker)
    Center map continuously                      : yes (center_player)
    Color: Show unique monsters in purple        : no  (purple_uniques)
    Automatically clear '-more-' prompts         : no  (auto_more)
    Color: Player color indicates % hit points   : yes (hp_changes_color)
    Allow mouse clicks to move the player        : no  (mouse_movement)
    Notify on object recharge                    : no  (notify_recharge)
    
      [Birth]
    
    Randomise the artifacts (except a very few)  : no  (birth_randarts)
    Word of Recall has no effect                 : no  (birth_no_recall)
    Restrict creation of artifacts               : no  (birth_no_artifacts)
    Don't stack objects on the floor             : no  (birth_no_stacking)
    Lose artifacts when leaving level            : no  (birth_no_preserve)
    Don't generate connected stairs              : no  (birth_no_stairs)
    Don't show level feelings                    : no  (birth_no_feelings)
    Increase gold drops but disable selling      : yes (birth_no_selling)
    Use previous set of randarts                 : yes (birth_keep_randarts)
    Start with a kit of useful gear              : yes (birth_start_kit)
    Monsters learn from their mistakes           : no  (birth_ai_learn)
    Force player descent                         : no  (birth_force_descend)
    MY HP is 496 and my SP 305. I'm currently trying to finish off a pit of As. I used all 7 charges of my staves of power per PowerDivers suggestion, but I still struggled when I phased into a fairly large square room and had to teleport to safety since 4 Istars were all in the room with me and my health was down to 246 from a mana bolt. I really want to finish of the Istars so I can get all the loot left in the pit including a !CON and !Augmentation.

    EDIT: Cleared the pit: So far I've already found from the drops !*Healing*, 2 !healings, !CON, !INT, !AUG, 3 wands of TO, a rod of TO, several !Enlightenments, 2 ?Destruction, 2 ?DeepDescents and gained another CL with the death of the last Blue Wizard. My HP is now 551.
    Last edited by Grotug; January 3, 2017, 21:43.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    Time to switch to Deathwreaker and go kill Morgoth. The +4CON will take you to 750HP or better. That's enough to kill him with arrows, if you are careful and have enough suppplies. Do keep a sharp eye for slay evil/Holy Might seeker/Miithril. Wounding ammo will work very well too. Post a dump! Advice without one is often wrong.

    Leave a comment:


  • PowerDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Grotug
    Or I could drop the dwarven chaos armor or Arvedui but dropping arvedui would force me to wear Trickery for the final fights (for rNexus).
    Generally speaking, Arvedui is disposable. I've never used it at the end, don't remember seeing anyone else either.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sky
    replied
    dude, you can buy a stack of 1d4 (+0, +0) arrows from the market and enchant them to frost or lightning (+12, +12), enough for 1k dmg.

    Leave a comment:


  • Grotug
    replied
    I'm faced with saving stuff at home issues: I Need to drop at least one weapon I'm saving but I can't decide between ToW, MoD Holy Avenger (+21 hurts Demons as well as Undead) or DW which seems maybe wholly unsuited for my approach.

    Or I could drop the dwarven chaos armor or Arvedui but dropping arvedui would force me to wear Trickery for the final fights (for rNexus).

    As fun and devastating as wielding DW would be, I think I would die while making the radical adjustment in playstyle I've been enjoying of sneaking and choosing my battles. I hate the idea of closing the door on that unique opportunity to do massive melee damage, though. Should I drop Tow? I'm saving ToW in the event I come to no longer need the INT and Speed boosts from Oromë since ToW does significantly better damage. I did drop Raal's.

    I just found a ring of CON <+6> and quaffed another !CON and three !Experience so I'm CL40 now with 456HP. If I ditch all my good bolts (a lot of them) and take up Amrod (with only a handful of good arrows) my HP goes up to 496. Maybe it is time to switch to arrows since I'm CL40 Ranger, but I hate to throw away good bolts (slay demons, slay undead, slay evil, high to-dam wounding etc.)

    Even with the lackluster amrod bow my holy might arrows do over 900 vs evil and 1058 vs demons and undead.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    Yep. 391 HP is not quite enough to use Deathwreaker at depth. But you are getting there. Remember, those damage calcs are nominal: against a lot of enemies, you will miss roughly half the time--or more.

    Leave a comment:


  • Derakon
    replied
    Originally posted by Grotug
    I assume aggravation ignores my stealth bonuses?
    Correct. Aggravation means that every time a monster within some minimum range of you gets a turn, they automatically wake up.

    Leave a comment:


  • Grotug
    replied
    I shuffled my gear around some more and if I wield DW (MoD on steroids) I do 866 vs dragons and those not resistant to fire, 669 vs Animals and Evil, 1260 vs Undead and my HP goes from 305 up to 391 (switching to Amrod from haradrim). My CON/STR/DEX are sustained, and my SP goes from 289 to 82 and every resistance is covered. So this may be a good endgame setup if I can find some CON potions. Not sure I want to use this setup right now, though, given my HP is still so low.

    I assume aggravation ignores my stealth bonuses?

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    Raal's is useless for Ranger and Rogue. Attack Spells take way too much mana, and do less damage than melee or archery. Kelek is useful for a ranger for *Destruction* spell.

    Leave a comment:


  • Grotug
    replied
    I honestly forgot Coluin's ability (just looked it up). Right, that would negate Resistances book.

    I guess I was kinda hoping to fight Morgoth some other way since I went the hobbit ranger route and not the HT Warrior route. I'm torn about dropping dwarven necklace and taking MoD. I kinda think I should.

    Hmm... maybe I should drop Amrod instead. Or Scarabtarices, or neither since the MoD is on the other end of the vault and will have to risk going up the hallway outside the vault to get to it without monster detection because I dropped all my other detection books to make room for the loot I'm taking home. HMM....

    I dropped Necklace of Dwarves, picked up my reveal monsters spellbook, grabbed the MoD and went home.

    But how many dangerous monsters start awake? I have pStun so I'm not presently worried about plasma hounds.

    I'm afraid I will die while making the adjustment from ranger to melee. Still can't get over how much damaget that MoD does when swapping around my gear. I'd still have Heroic stealth, too, with that setup, but my SP falls to 145.

    This elemental brand business is the business: Bought 20 bolts; a ?*Enchant weapon* from the BM, now my bolts are (+3, +3). Branded those bolts and now they are (+9, +9) dealing 418dam to non fire resisting creatures. Can't way till I get my hands on a good bow! I'll be dealing a minimum 600 to non resisting creatures. I believe I get <+2> shots when I reach CL40 (CL38 atm).

    Well, that was a short trip. I found DW lying on the ground. So how does aggravation work, is it a set amount of reduction to stealth (like -6 or something) or does it set your stealth to a certain amount (like, really bad)? Wielding this weapon my character would be solved. This is ridiculous that I don't find !CON. I'll have a solved character doing 600+ to evil and nearly 1200 to Undead with 353HP. Surely such a lopsided setup is unprecedented in this game?
    Last edited by Grotug; January 2, 2017, 19:55.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕