Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Estie
    Veteran
    • Apr 2008

You can also use a launcher or single target spell in a hockey stick position, if you can manage to set it up.

Comment

• PowerWyrm
      Prophet
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Zikke
      I find the Emperor Q is one of the easiest uniques to kill if you don't just run up to him. You can target a space next to him to kill him with AoEs from out of sight, or I have noticed sometimes if I do run up to melee him, he never summons anything but just takes 5-10 turns of bashing before dying. Bug?
      In TomeNET, he can blink. And spells don't need player LOS to trigger, just awareness. Makes him a lot harder...
      PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• Bimbul
        Adept
        • Sep 2015

My current problem is a greater balrog in a large vault in DL97

Not a problem to kill just at some time during the fight the game crashes - every time - yet another reason to use teleport other...

Comment

• Nick
          Vanilla maintainer
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Bimbul
          My current problem is a greater balrog in a large vault in DL97

Not a problem to kill just at some time during the fight the game crashes - every time - yet another reason to use teleport other...
          If you post a savefile, that would be helpful (you can just zip it and attach it to a forum post).
          One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
          In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Bimbul
            Adept
            • Sep 2015

Gah! Got killed by the Tarrasque in that vault. Risked a hit while at 450 HP - breathed fire - dead.

Can't really complain - far and away my best game ever.

But annoying. Back to lvl1

Comment

• Bimbul
              Adept
              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Nick
              If you post a savefile, that would be helpful (you can just zip it and attach it to a forum post).
              Sorry, too late - will next time.

Not sure I'm using the latest version to be fair - it's described as 'dirty' so I expect it may be unstable.
              version 4.04-dirty to be specific
              Last edited by Bimbul; November 5, 2015, 13:34.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                Veteran
                • Jan 2009

Not sure I'm using the latest version to be fair - it's described as 'dirty' so I expect it may be unstable.
                version 4.04-dirty to be specific
                I believe the "dirty" means you're playing one of the "nightlies" which are interim bug-fixes before a new release. Or, you could be playing one of the feature branches, which are the same as the version release, but with a particular feature change or enhancement. Currently, these are cone breath or some knowledge limitations.
                “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
                ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• Bimbul
                  Adept
                  • Sep 2015

That should have been 4.02-dirty

The instability of this version isn't a massive problem - it just reverts to the last save or the last level change - annoying occasionally but happily playable.

I could hunt for a more stable version but I'm enjoying it as it is

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
                    Prophet
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Carnivean
                    The minimum recommended speed for combating Morgoth is +30. Morgoth is +30 and you do not want him to get a chance to double cast manastorm at you. +21 +10 from haste or !speed is sufficient, though you need to be careful with refreshing that.
                    Tiny warning, Morgoth brain smash slows you down if you fail saving throw, so +30 hasted is not enough in that case. You should recover from that pretty fast, but those few turns don't be in LoS of Morgoth.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
                      Prophet
                      • Apr 2007

Gah! Got killed by the Tarrasque in that vault. Risked a hit while at 450 HP - breathed fire - dead.
                      Tarrasque is one of the most dangerous monsters in the game. At least you got killed by one of the big ones and not by white icky thing after getting KO by Master Mystic or something embarrassing like that.

Comment

• Bimbul
                        Adept
                        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
                        Tarrasque is one of the most dangerous monsters in the game.
                        Yeah, I noticed

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
                        At least you got killed by one of the big ones and not by white icky thing after getting KO by Master Mystic or something embarrassing like that.
                        That was my last big game

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍