Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chud
    Swordsman
    • Jun 2010

Alas, the RNG isn't liking me in my current game, at least to some extent. CL26 at DL26, after 767k game turns, and not a single artifact to be seen yet. (Randarts game.) Ah well, maybe it's just saving the good ones for me...

Comment

• Pete Mack
      Prophet
      • Apr 2007

Artifacts get muck more common with depth, so it's no surprise if they don't show up before DL 30 or even 40. That said, 750k turns at DL 26 is pretty slow, so maybe the RNG is Not Amused.

Comment

• PowerWyrm
        Prophet
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Chud
        Alas, the RNG isn't liking me in my current game, at least to some extent. CL26 at DL26, after 767k game turns, and not a single artifact to be seen yet. (Randarts game.) Ah well, maybe it's just saving the good ones for me...
        And after one more million turns, you will find out you enabled birth_no_artifacts for your character
        PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• Chud
          Swordsman
          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by PowerWyrm
          And after one more million turns, you will find out you enabled birth_no_artifacts for your character
          hehe I did actually check that just to be sure. Yes, I do tend to play a little on the slow side, most of the time.

It doesn't completely hate me though - I found a robe of permanence with rPoison, and a pair of boots of speed +2, so it's not all bad.

Comment

• StMicah
            Adept
            • Feb 2015

New item contribution to this thread.
            A cutpurse dropped this at dlvl 15:

the Sling of Ambar (x2) (+9,+19) <+5>
            -------------------------------------
            +5 stealth.
            +5 infravision.
            Provides immunity to lightning.
            Provides resistance to acid, fire, shards.
            Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
            Sustains constitution.
            Speeds regeneration.

Min Level 36, Max Level 127, Generation chance 20, Power 199, 0.5 lbs
            Based on Hithlomir.

Thanks bub! Now I have a stealthy priest who won't lose rings and rods.

Comment

• Nomad
              Knight
              • Sep 2010

...Roughly what would you say were the odds of getting both Kelek's and Wrath of God as drops from perfectly ordinary monsters (a mature MHD and a stone giant respectively) at dungeon level 40/2000'?

(The correct answer, of course, being "actually pretty high, because you're playing a warrior".)

Oh, and this is also the same game where I got a pair of randart boots with +11 speed from Lagduf on dungeon level 5.

Comment

• Werbaer
                Adept
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Nomad
                ...Roughly what would you say were the odds of getting both Kelek's and Wrath of God as drops from perfectly ordinary monsters (a mature MHD and a stone giant respectively) at dungeon level 40/2000'?

(The correct answer, of course, being "actually pretty high, because you're playing a warrior".)
                Funny. Just a few days ago, i found both these books in the same dungeon level (around 2500') on the floor. First mage book i found, second priest book (had already seen Purifications). At least i was a rogue, so it was worth a bit of experience.

Comment

• AnonymousHero
                  Veteran
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Nomad
                  At least a million-to-one... which of course happens all the time. #pratchett #twoflower #rincewind.

Comment

• mrfy
                    Swordsman
                    • Jul 2015

Found in Black Market:

a Sling of Buckland (x4) (+10,+12) <+4, +1, +2>
                    +4 Dexterity.
                    +1 Shooting speed.
                    +2 Shooting power.

Tempted to buy just because, but I'm currently a level 35 Ranger with a pretty good artifact bow. Seems a waste to just let it go though.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎