X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PowerWyrm
    Prophet
    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by troycheek
    Another bug! Actually, it's in 4.0.3 - should we start a new thread?

Assertion failed, file: obj-pile.c, line: 134, expression: pile_contains(*pile,obj)

Walked across a Potion of Dragon Breath. Quaffed it from the floor. Breathed frost at nearby baddies, close enough that the potion was within the damage radius. The Potion of Dragon Breath shatters! Game crashed with assertion failed. My guess would be that the game tried to remove the potion both when it shattered and when it was consumed, the second action causing the crash because the item in question had already been removed.
    I thought this was fixed ages ago. But yeah in the latest code, the potion is wiped by its own effect, and since the effect itself returns TRUE, the code tries to remove it again.
    PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
      Prophet
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Nick
      Confirmed, and correct guess.

New thread? I guess if someone feels strongly enough about that it will happen
      Now that 4.0.3 is out new thread could be good thing to have. At least we would know that it affects the current "stable" version.

Comment

• Rowan
        Adept
        • Sep 2014

This is a tiny detail in 4.0.2 but may exist in 4.0.3 also. Messages are almost always in present tense, except for rare examples, e.g.

Your Rounded Pebble (1d2) (+0, +0) hit the Green naga.

This is the first time I've noticed a tense-agreement issue, but I'll keep an eye out for other instances.

Comment

• AnonymousHero
          Veteran
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Rowan
          This is a tiny detail in 4.0.2 but may exist in 4.0.3 also. Messages are almost always in present tense, except for rare examples, e.g.

Your Rounded Pebble (1d2) (+0, +0) hit the Green naga.

This is the first time I've noticed a tense-agreement issue, but I'll keep an eye out for other instances.
          I think it's actually a pluralization issue.

Comment

• Derakon
            Prophet
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by AnonymousHero
            I think it's actually a pluralization issue.
            I assume the change should be "hit" -> "hits", which is a tense issue. It could be a pluralization issue if you had the ability to hit the naga with multiple pebbles (in which case it should say "Your Rounded Pebbles etc.") but players can't fire more than one projectile at a time.

Comment

• Rowan
              Adept
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Derakon
              I assume the change should be "hit" -> "hits", which is a tense issue. It could be a pluralization issue if you had the ability to hit the naga with multiple pebbles (in which case it should say "Your Rounded Pebbles etc.") but players can't fire more than one projectile at a time.
              Well I meant it as a tense issue, but ... yeaah... let's make it a pluralization issue and allow multiple projectile firing. That's a better fix.

Comment

• Nick
                Vanilla maintainer
                • Apr 2007

I assume the change should be "hit" -> "hits", which is a tense issue.
                I'd argue it's in fact a conjugation issue ("you hit" vs "the pebble hits"), but that's probably not important.
                One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• tumbleweed
                  Adept
                  • May 2015

angband-win-4.0.2-39-g65ff127

Does the device skill damage bonus not apply to Activations?

At least there's no such information in the item descriptions.

Also Activation damage info is not highlighted in green there.

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
                  Now that 4.0.3 is out new thread could be good thing to have. At least we would know that it affects the current "stable" version.
                  Speaking of 4.0.3, the latest nightly listed on http://rephial.org/nightlies is 4.0.2-39-g65ff127 rather than 4.0.3-4-gcfc8b55 for some reason - no 4.0.3 nightlies are listed on that page, just the stable, though the nightlies are present in http://buildbot.rephial.org/builds/master/ directory. What's up with that?

Comment

• AnonymousHero
                    Veteran
                    • Jun 2007

Uhm, I meant, "your $SINGULAR_NOUN hits the $FOO" is correct, but it may be that the game doesn't recognize that $SINGULAR_NOUN is in fact a singular noun. Hence a pluralization issue.

(... but whatever.)

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2009

Nick, this is just a request for two small adjustments to the Ego Ignore menu.

1. Currently some of the Ego ignore items are "Missile Weapons of ... (Accuracy, Power, Extra Might, Extra Shots)". Could we separate these into the missile weapon types - Bows, Crossbows, Slings? It would be helpful for Rangers who might be interested in the bow variety, but wish to ignore some or all of types in the other two categories.

2. Currently some of the Ego ignore items are "Dragon Scale Mail of..." Could we also have an ignore for the Dragon Scale Mail types? Like being able to ignore all but Power Dragon Scale Mail, for example.
                      “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
                      ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• bio_hazard
                        Knight
                        • Dec 2008

This is 4.0.0 so mostly likely this has been fixed ( I did a quick search but didn't notice).

~ Monster Knowledge omits many known uniques that I've met and killed. They do appear as killed on the character dump.

Comment

• Nick
                          Vanilla maintainer
                          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by tumbleweed
                          angband-win-4.0.2-39-g65ff127

Does the device skill damage bonus not apply to Activations?

At least there's no such information in the item descriptions.

Also Activation damage info is not highlighted in green there.
                          The bonus does apply, but activations are described separately from other effects because they get a special description that's in the file activation.txt. Other item effects are put together from individual components listed in object.txt, and so their damage can be treated separately in the description.

Speaking of 4.0.3, the latest nightly listed on http://rephial.org/nightlies is 4.0.2-39-g65ff127 rather than 4.0.3-4-gcfc8b55 for some reason - no 4.0.3 nightlies are listed on that page, just the stable, though the nightlies are present in http://buildbot.rephial.org/builds/master/ directory. What's up with that?
                          Those other things that you took for 4.0.3 nightlies were actually the latest builds of the cone breath and knowledge feature branches. Currently the autobuilder page only shows builds of the master branch, of which there weren't any post 4.0.3 when you looked (there is one now).

Comment

• tumbleweed
                            Adept
                            • May 2015

I see, thanks!

Comment

• tumbleweed
                              Adept
                              • May 2015

I just had the following situation:
                                ###  
                              ###'###
                              ...@...
                              .....##
                              .....##

Curiously, the wall behind the door was not visible before opening the door - despite !Enlightenment

Comment

• Nick
                                Vanilla maintainer
                                • Apr 2007

Curiously, the wall behind the door was not visible before opening the door - despite !Enlightenment
                                Enlightenment checks everything that doesn't look like a wall, and maps every non-floor next to those. So your door was presumably a secret door (which looks like a wall) when you quaffed the potion, so the wall behind the door didn't get mapped.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎