X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Timo Pietilä
    Prophet
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Derakon
    I'm not entirely sure that nexus resist will protect you from the levelport spell. .
    I'm sure for at least 3.5 series one. Nexus does level teleport protection like pConf protects against all sources of confusion. 4.0 should not have changed that.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
      Veteran
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
      I'm sure for at least 3.5 series one. Nexus does level teleport protection like pConf protects against all sources of confusion. 4.0 should not have changed that.
      I think this has changed. I don't think Nexus protection fully protects anymore. Nick?

It's quite frustrating to be battling Sauron and have him down to a couple **, then get level ported by him. Collect consumables again, if you must, and go down the stairs to find him instantly at full health.
      “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
      ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• Nivra
        Adept
        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Ingwe Ingweron
        I think this has changed. I don't think Nexus protection fully protects anymore. Nick?

It's quite frustrating to be battling Sauron and have him down to a couple **, then get level ported by him. Collect consumables again, if you must, and go down the stairs to find him instantly at full health.
        Frustrating, maybe, but turnabout is fair play, no? @ does this to all sorts of baddies.

Comment

• Nick
          Vanilla maintainer
          • Apr 2007

No change - RNexus still protects from all hostile teleporting.

*Checks source again* - or it should, but looks like it doesn't. That's a bug.
          One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
          In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Nivra
            Adept
            • Aug 2015

Quiver Sorting

Not a bug per se, but more of a tweak request.

Currently, my quiver looks like this:
            Code:
            Rounded Pebble +0+0
            Rounded Pebble +2+5
            Iron Shot +0+0
            IMO, I would prefer:
            Code:
            Rounded Pebble +0+0
            Iron Shot +0+0
            Rounded Pebble +2+5
            IMO, within ammo types usable by a certain weapon type, the ammo should self-organize according to expected BASE dps (no-slay, no-brand). As long as slays/brands are excluded from the equation, I think, this should always result in a weapon-independent ordering.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
              Prophet
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Nick

Tele-to and tele-away don't get protection, just tele-level.

Comment

• Nivra
                Adept
                • Aug 2015

Yah, this is what I get for reading the forums and adjusting my game play.

Clvl 25 HE Ranger on Dlvl 26 @ a vault, with my stash tucked away in another room:

Code:
                Something commands you to go far away.
                You resist the effect!
                You sink through the floor.
                This place seems reasonably safe.
                Well, there goes my stash. Luckily, I held onto 2 copies of each spellbook this time (There was a Hydra in the vault). But I didn't get to loot the vault, yet. I also lost all my identify and magic mapping, and my highest dps weapon that was just a smidge too heavy for me to use. Ahh wellz, c'est la vie.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
                  Prophet
                  • Apr 2007

Guessing this in effects.c

if (cave->mon_current && player_resists(player, ELEM_NEXUS))
                  msg("You resist the effect!");

Should set both up and down as false, which it doesn't do.

So you get the message "You resist the effect!" and then tele-level.

Also it seems that this doesn't consider saving throw at all.

[EDIT] that saving throw check is in different place. Apparently you get a saving throw against all monster spell effects. Or not. Tele-away still works with perfect saving throw, so there is something that determines if it applies or not. Can't figure out what that something is though.
                  [EDIT EDIT] Seems that it checks if there is save message in monster_spell.txt if I read source correctly. Tele-level does, so you should get saving throw against it.
                  Last edited by Timo Pietilä; September 15, 2015, 12:15.

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                    Prophet
                    • Apr 2008

Just play force descent and you should never fear Sauron doing that again
                    PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                      Prophet
                      • Apr 2008

That was never the case, so definitely not a bug. Nexus resistance only protects against teleport effects from nexus and teleport level.
                      Last edited by PowerWyrm; September 15, 2015, 12:20.
                      PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
                        Prophet
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by PowerWyrm
                        That was never the case, so definitely not a bug. Nexus resistance only protects against teleport effects from nexus.
                        No, in 3.5.1 it definitely protects against spell too.

In list-spell-effects.h

RSE(50, RSF_TELE_LEVEL, 0, FALSE, S_TELE_LEV, RV(1,0,0,0), RV(0,0,0,0), 0, FALSE, OF_RES_NEXUS, RV(40,0,0,0))

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                          Prophet
                          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
                          Guessing this in effects.c

if (cave->mon_current && player_resists(player, ELEM_NEXUS))
                          msg("You resist the effect!");

Should set both up and down as false, which it doesn't do.

So you get the message "You resist the effect!" and then tele-level.

Also it seems that this doesn't consider saving throw at all.

[EDIT] that saving throw check is in different place. Apparently you get a saving throw against all monster spell effects. Or not. Tele-away still works with perfect saving throw, so there is something that determines if it applies or not. Can't figure out what that something is though.
                          [EDIT EDIT] Seems that it checks if there is save message in monster_spell.txt if I read source correctly. Tele-level does, so you should get saving throw against it.
                          Ah ok, I didn't check the current source code. My copy has a "return" statement after the "You resist the effect" message, so yeah that's a bug.

Comment

• kandrc
                            Swordsman
                            • Dec 2007

Potions of Slime Mold Juice don't ID on use.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by kandrc
                              Potions of Slime Mold Juice don't ID on use.
                              I think they do, if @ is Hungry. Just like a scroll of Satisfy Hunger, you won't know on use what it is unless @ is Hungry.
                              “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
                              ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• kandrc
                                Swordsman
                                • Dec 2007

I think they do, if @ is Hungry. Just like a scroll of Satisfy Hunger, you won't know on use what it is unless @ is Hungry.
                                May well be. Have to say, I liked the old "gloopy green potion" thing.

Anyway, another bug: Cast detect monsters (or, I assume any related single-turn detection). If perception kicks in and you auto-squelch by the next turn, your detection disappears without you having a chance to examine it.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎