X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PowerWyrm
    Prophet
    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by fizzix
    Yeah, we could do that. Demilich's won't pull drujs, if they're deeper, so that's fine.

I think I was surprised that Demilichs weren't half-demon, half-undead which was what I always thought of them as.
    Liches are all undead. The difference I guess is that normal/master liches are plain "zombie/ghoul" type of undead (based on rotten flesh) and archliches have reached a state of pure energy (ghost-like). Demiliches are in the middle.
    PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• Magnate
      Angband Devteam member
      • May 2007

Originally posted by PowerWyrm
      Liches are all undead. The difference I guess is that normal/master liches are plain "zombie/ghoul" type of undead (based on rotten flesh) and archliches have reached a state of pure energy (ghost-like). Demiliches are in the middle.
      One might think so purely from the names, but if I remember my 1E MM2 correctly, a Demilich is in fact the ultimate incarnation: a half-gone shadow of a former (arch)lich. That's the almost-pure-energy form.
      "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• damerell
        Rookie
        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Derakon
        The last two are especially weird because "swordsman" has been renamed to "Easterling warrior", and "hardened soldier" to "Easterling champion"! So the champions are evil, but the rank and file aren't.
        Presumably the rank and file are just regular Easterling blokes who joined the army to see Middle-Earth. :-)

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎