• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Delos
    Rookie
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by bron
    2) Also with Meteor Swarm, I occasionally get a series of messages like:
    -- The Ancient multi-hued dragon screams in agony.
    -- The Ancient multi-hued dragon dies.
    -- The Ancient multi-hued dragon flees in terror!
    Fleeing in terror *after* death is a little odd.
    I confirm even with 3.3.2. I've always that message, probably (but must check) when the monster dies before the last meteor.

Comment

• fizzix
      Prophet
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Delos
      I confirm even with 3.3.2. I've always that message, probably (but must check) when the monster dies before the last meteor.
      This is a known bug (#1554). It's not a high priority one and is actually a bit of a pain to fix.

Comment

• Malak Darkhunter
        Knight
        • May 2007

I've gotten this bug twice, isn't a gamender but it puts you back at the start of the level.

microsoft visual c++ runtime library

Assertion failed!

Program:...gs\tcps\my documents\angband-3.3.2\angand.exe
        File:monster\mon-timed.c
        line:247

Expression:timer>0

Any ideas?

Comment

• Magnate
          Angband Devteam member
          • May 2007

Originally posted by Malak Darkhunter
          I've gotten this bug twice, isn't a gamender but it puts you back at the start of the level.

microsoft visual c++ runtime library

Assertion failed!

Program:...gs\tcps\my documents\angband-3.3.2\angand.exe
          File:monster\mon-timed.c
          line:247

Expression:timer>0

Any ideas?
          Yes, that was #1578 and it's fixed for 3.4 - sorry, it was too rare to be caught before 3.3.2 was released.
          "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• donalde
            Apprentice
            • Jun 2007

Is this a bug ?

Hi.

I noticed one strange thing when I use Zwaihander 'Zarcuthra' as a swap weapon against dragons: "You are wielding Zwaihander 'Zarcuthra' (4d6) (+19,+21) <+4, +2>. Gorlim, Betrayer of Barahir wakes up. Gorlim, Betrayer of Barahir wakes up." Same double wake up message every time I wear that weapon where monsters are still a sleep. Can some1 confirm this bug?

- donalde -

Comment

• Malak Darkhunter
              Knight
              • May 2007

Originally posted by donalde
              Hi.

I noticed one strange thing when I use Zwaihander 'Zarcuthra' as a swap weapon against dragons: "You are wielding Zwaihander 'Zarcuthra' (4d6) (+19,+21) <+4, +2>. Gorlim, Betrayer of Barahir wakes up. Gorlim, Betrayer of Barahir wakes up." Same double wake up message every time I wear that weapon where monsters are still a sleep. Can some1 confirm this bug?

- donalde -
              Zarcutha aggravates so I can understand that 1st message of Monsters waking up, aggravate wakes all monsters up around you, but not sure why it double messages like that.

Comment

• fizzix
                Prophet
                • Aug 2009

Hi.

- donalde -
                Thanks for spotting, I'll see if I can figure out a quick fix.

edit: I have a pull request for a fix in official/master, should be in shortly.
                Last edited by fizzix; May 20, 2012, 15:12.

Comment

• donalde
                  Apprentice
                  • Jun 2007

Another (Very nasty) bug

This should be easy to reproduce: I have total of 190 arrows in Quiver. I have full backpack. When I wear arrows from ground, game ask me what stack of arrows I want to unwear. That causes me to drop my swap weapon, inscribed with @w1!d!k!v. So how I can drop !d inscribed weapon without confirmation?

Comment

• fizzix
                    Prophet
                    • Aug 2009

This should be easy to reproduce: I have total of 190 arrows in Quiver. I have full backpack. When I wear arrows from ground, game ask me what stack of arrows I want to unwear. That causes me to drop my swap weapon, inscribed with @w1!d!k!v. So how I can drop !d inscribed weapon without confirmation?
                    Yeah, this is a tough bug and it's been around for a while, and I'm not sure there's been anyone who's come up with a good solution (bug exists in 3.4 still). It has to do with crappy interplay between the quiver and the rest of the inventory. I guess the ideal solution would be to only allow you to take the amount of arrows that would fit in your quiver without overflowing to a new slot.

Comment

• Magnate
                      Angband Devteam member
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by fizzix
                      Yeah, this is a tough bug and it's been around for a while, and I'm not sure there's been anyone who's come up with a good solution (bug exists in 3.4 still). It has to do with crappy interplay between the quiver and the rest of the inventory. I guess the ideal solution would be to only allow you to take the amount of arrows that would fit in your quiver without overflowing to a new slot.
                      I have a different suggestion: if picking up the new arrows would cause the quiver to overflow into a new slot but no spare inv slot is available, drop the last stack of arrows in the quiver rather than anything from the pack. IMO this is much more intuitive and less likely to lead to the kind of WTF? moments donalde describes.
                      "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• DrMmmPie
                        Rookie
                        • May 2012

When using my mobile (Sony Ericsson Xperia) and trying to post a Character dump, from the web browser, I go to where the .txt file is on my mobile. But when I try and post it, I get accused of hacking.

However I took said file off my mobile onto my laptop and was able to post it fine. So not sure where the problem lies.
                        I roll natural D20, as if I needed a crit hit on someone.

Comment

• fizzix
                          Prophet
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Magnate
                          I have a different suggestion: if picking up the new arrows would cause the quiver to overflow into a new slot but no spare inv slot is available, drop the last stack of arrows in the quiver rather than anything from the pack. IMO this is much more intuitive and less likely to lead to the kind of WTF? moments donalde describes.
                          How easy is this to change? I have never dealt with the inventory management sections of the code to be honest.

Comment

• Magnate
                            Angband Devteam member
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by fizzix
                            How easy is this to change? I have never dealt with the inventory management sections of the code to be honest.
                            I don't know either. It might be trivial, but it might be horrendous - the inv code is a colossal edifice and it might come tumbling down. d_m did the quiver, so maybe he's best place to assess the difficulty ....

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎