X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • d_m
    Angband Devteam member
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by PowerDiver
    If you have questions, send email rather than notices here. I've mostly given up on the way V is heading, so I don't keep up with oook more than glancing once or twice a week.
    OK, will do. Thanks for the link!
    linux->xterm->screen->pmacs

Comment

• buzzkill
      Prophet
      • May 2008

Originally posted by Chud
      You hit the Black Harpy.
      Your hands stop glowing.
      You hit the Black Harpy.
      You have slain the Black Harpy.
      The Black Harpy looks confused.
      That makes perfect sense. What's the problem .
      www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
      My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• BlueFish
        Swordsman
        • Aug 2011

I assume this is the same code as the wand of slow monster bug, but in case it's a separate bug, note that staves of slow monster don't work either.

Comment

• Magnate
          Angband Devteam member
          • May 2007

Originally posted by BlueFish
          I assume this is the same code as the wand of slow monster bug, but in case it's a separate bug, note that staves of slow monster don't work either.
          Yes, that should be fixed in the RC
          "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• Bill Peterson
            Adept
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Magnate
            Is this the problem described in http://trac.rephial.org/ticket/1495? Or something else?

In either case, I'm not able to fix this - I know nothing about the tiles code. But I will see if another dev can fix it.
            No, I've seen the problem you're referring to (although not recently) and what I described is a different issue. But I do remember the annoying frequent redraw of the map screen and can see how the fix for it could produce both problems.

Let me download some more old versions and I'll see if I can narrow down the point when my problem first appeared.

Comment

• bron
              Knight
              • May 2008

Originally posted by Magnate
              tidy up any minor irritations
              Ok .. here is an incredibly minor irritation: When I kill a monster and it drops gold under my feet, I can't 'g'et it: the 'g' command does nothing. If an *item* is dropped under my feet, I can 'g'et that with no problem; only treasure appears to behave this way. If I give the '5' command (i.e. "move" to the location that I'm already in), then the treasure is picked up as expected.

Edit: fix to be lower-case 'g', not upper-case 'G'
              Last edited by bron; October 1, 2011, 05:25.

Comment

• d_m
                Angband Devteam member
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by bron
                Ok .. here is an incredibly minor irritation: When I kill a monster and it drops gold under my feet, I can't 'G'et it: the 'G' command does nothing. If an *item* is dropped under my feet, I can 'G'et that with no problem; only treasure appears to behave this way. If I give the '5' command (i.e. "move" to the location that I'm already in), then the treasure is picked up as expected.
                Should be an easy one to fix. Thanks for reporting it.

Comment

• Frood
                  Rookie
                  • Dec 2007

My biggest issue right now is Ctrl+j not altering to the south but instead opening the menu. This is of course using the roguelike keyset.

Comment

• d_m
                    Angband Devteam member
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by bron
                    Ok .. here is an incredibly minor irritation: When I kill a monster and it drops gold under my feet, I can't 'g'et it: the 'g' command does nothing. If an *item* is dropped under my feet, I can 'g'et that with no problem; only treasure appears to behave this way. If I give the '5' command (i.e. "move" to the location that I'm already in), then the treasure is picked up as expected.

Edit: fix to be lower-case 'g', not upper-case 'G'
                    This should be fixed in the most recent master build.

Comment

• Magnate
                      Angband Devteam member
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by Frood
                      My biggest issue right now is Ctrl+j not altering to the south but instead opening the menu. This is of course using the roguelike keyset.
                      Yes, this is part of the ongoing input layer challenges I'm afraid, so it's a 3.4 fix rather than 3.3.x - sorry.
                      "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                        Prophet
                        • Apr 2008

A minor thing: armor of elvenkind retain their to-hit penalty, but not dragon scale mails of elvenkind.
                        PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
                          Prophet
                          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by PowerWyrm
                          A minor thing: armor of elvenkind retain their to-hit penalty, but not dragon scale mails of elvenkind.
                          IIRC, now that you mention it, I think that applies to all ego-DSM:s. If it is ego, it doesn't have to-hit -penalty.

BTW, now that I still remember that, wouldn't it be better if that penalty would be against stealth instead? The heavier the armor the harder it is to move silently.

Could be difficult to implement nicely though (what to do if item gives stealth-bonus?).

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                            Prophet
                            • Apr 2008

Looking at ego_item.txt, only DSM of Craftsmanship and Elvenkind lose their to-hit penalty (see 'M' line). To be consistent with armor of Elvenkind, I think DSM of Elvenkind should retain their to-hit penalty.
                            PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                              Prophet
                              • Apr 2008

Other minor things about artifacts:
                              - Himring: should be P:20:1d2:0:0:15 (soft armour)
                              - Gil-galad: should be P:20:1d4:0:0:20 (mithril shield)
                              - Thorin: should be W:40:6:60:60000 (small metal shield)
                              - Celegorm: should be P:8:1d3:0:0:20 (leather shield)
                              - Anarion: should be P:12:1d5:0:0:20 (large metal shield)
                              - Celebrimbor: missing HIDE_TYPE (SEARCH + stats)
                              - Gorlim: should be W:20:5:50:1 (iron helm); missing SHOW_MODS?
                              - Tuor: should be P:0:0d0:0:0:12 (ethereal cloak)

Some artifacts have both IM_XXX and RES_XXX. The res flag is redundant.

Some armor parts didn't have their weight updated after the base item got its weight changed some time ago. For example, Metal Caps had their weight changed from 20 to 25, but Thengel is still showing a weight of 20. In these cases, it's not important, as it could be seen as an improvement (a "lighter" version) compared to the base item.

Comment

• bulian
                                Adept
                                • Sep 2010

This is a part question part minor bug and also a sign that I'm procrastinating again.

Do items such as Ingwe or _dispel evil do damage to monsters you can see (e.g. in lighted area) or in line of sight? I think its the latter as I'm sure I've cleared many a giant pit with an ESP helm without illuminating a pit even if the giants are out of visual range.

Ingwe:
                                Code:

When activated, it deals five times your level's damage to all
                                     evil creatures that you can see.
                                     Takes 209 to 410 turns to recharge at your current speed.
                                     Your chance of success is 95.2%
                                Also, the description in _holiness is a bit unclear - I have no idea how much base damage the staff does or whether it is better/worse than _power.

_holiness
                                Code:

When activated, it inflicts damage on all evil creatures you can see, 
                                cures 50 hit points, heals all temporary effects and grants 
                                you protection from evil.
                                Suggested wording replacement for Ingwe/dispel evil/holiness/power:

Code:

When activated, it deals five times your level's damage to all
                                     evil creatures in [B]line of sight[/B].
                                     Takes 209 to 410 turns to recharge at your current speed.
                                     Your chance of success is 95.2%
                                Lastly, some usable items (potions/scrolls/staves and items with activations) have a slight error about which nobody else probably cares. The descriptions go:

When activated, does this.

1) Currently, items with activation say "when activated," scrolls say "when read," and wands say "when aimed," which is a nice clue as to what specific action to perform. Conversely potions say "when drunk" and rods say "when activated" instead of "quaffed" and "zapped" respectively. I'd suggest replacing the context specific clues for everything to "when used," especially if alternate universal controls are going to be implemented.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎