X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buzzkill
    Prophet
    • May 2008

Originally posted by Monkey Face
    After them you can try The Silmarilion which is a much tougher read but has a bunch of the uniques in Angband.
    or, or... you could try this Silmarilion alternative instead. It's unfinished and entirely blasphemous, but I found it mildly entertaining.
    www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
    My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• Nick
      Vanilla maintainer
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by buzzkill
      or, or... you could try this Silmarilion alternative instead. It's unfinished and entirely blasphemous, but I found it mildly entertaining.
      That's excellent - a shame it seems to have died.
      One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
      In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Magnate
        Angband Devteam member
        • May 2007

Originally posted by Nick
        That's excellent - a shame it seems to have died.
        It was indeed good. I trust you will all enjoy this, if you haven't already.
        "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
          Prophet
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Magnate
          That's great. I have played real pen and paper RPG:s quite a lot and that sounds a lot what would happen if I would play LoTR with my friends. DM has real trouble keeping plot going in direction he wants it to go, real humans are very good at inventing ways of doing things they should not be able to do.

Comment

• d_m
            Angband Devteam member
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
            That's great. I have played real pen and paper RPG:s quite a lot and that sounds a lot what would happen if I would play LoTR with my friends. DM has real trouble keeping plot going in direction he wants it to go, real humans are very good at inventing ways of doing things they should not be able to do.
            Agreed, matches my experience as well.

I've started playing some "narrativist" games with groups recently (The Shadow of Yesterday, Spirit of the Century, Diaspora, etc) which do a lot to try to remove irrelevance and focus on the narrative. Even so it's easy to get distracted by e.g. quoting Monty Python.
            linux->xterm->screen->pmacs

Comment

• Magnate
              Angband Devteam member
              • May 2007

Originally posted by d_m
              Agreed, matches my experience as well.

I've started playing some "narrativist" games with groups recently (The Shadow of Yesterday, Spirit of the Century, Diaspora, etc) which do a lot to try to remove irrelevance and focus on the narrative. Even so it's easy to get distracted by e.g. quoting Monty Python.
              Did anyone else here play Everway? Its tagline was "diceless role-playing", and IMO it very successfully moved the focus from stats and tables to narrative. Unfortunately it bombed, and disappeared after a few years.
              "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• will_asher
                DaJAngband Maintainer
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Magnate
                That's great. I just read all the way to the battle of Helm's deep on that site. in one sitting.
                Will_Asher
                aka LibraryAdventurer

My old variant DaJAngband:
                http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home (defunct and so old it's forked from Angband 3.1.0 -I think- but it's probably playable...)

Comment

• Nick
                  Vanilla maintainer
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by will_asher
                  That's great. I just read all the way to the battle of Helm's deep on that site. in one sitting.
                  Yeah, I got as far as Lothlorien before tearing myself away. Damn you, Magnate.
                  One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                  In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Jungle_Boy
                    Swordsman
                    • Nov 2008

Hah! I made it clear to Edoras, (the second time), now it's bedtime.
                    My first winner: http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=10138

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎