Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Estie
    Veteran
    • Apr 2008

Not that I particularly like the "element" time in its current form, but unresistable damage types add to the game. Just because some elements follow a certain pattern doesnt mean all have to. Some things can be resisted partly; others have to be avoided, totally. Both aspects exist and removing one of them would make the game poorer.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
      Prophet
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Xaxyx
      You didn't just play the Common Sense card, did you? In Angband? Nexus can exchange your 18 strength with your 3 charisma. rNexus prevents this. Yet how can anyone truly resist The Nexus™?! It'll eat your eyes! Booga booga!
      That's just matter conversion. Easy to do. There is certain level of suspension of belief that you shouldn't pass. Even in fantasy game like this.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
        Prophet
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Derakon
        I fight gravity, inertia, and time hounds all the time. Not when they first start showing up, but once I can kill one before the next comes around (and ideally, kill one before it gets a turn on me), fighting them is not a huge risk -- if they're between me and where I want to go, then it's worth taking them on.
        Inertia hounds are not huge problem if you are faster than them. Gravity only slightly more dangerous if you manage to weaken the pack enough and again are a lot faster than them. Time, OTOH are dangerous just because they hurt quite a bit, drain stats thru sustains and move at speed +20. I find avoiding time hound justified just because of that draining, the fact that they can kill you makes the case quite a lot stronger.

I think clear hounds do not respect pack AI, I think time hounds should not do that either. They are a lot more dangerous if you can't control their movements so easily.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎