• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • takkaria
    Veteran
    • Apr 2007

Request for pref files

Hello everyone,

There's another option cull and a rewrite of macros and keymaps looming, so I am interested in finding out what options + keymap setups people use, to make sure we don't lose functionality.

So, please email me your option + macro/keymap files! I've set up an email address specially for it, angbandfiledrop@gmail.com, so if you have a spare moment it would be much appreciated.

If you don't know how to send the pref files, it works like this: go to the options menu, hit 'o' for Save Options and choose a filename. If you use macros and/or keymaps, go to their menus too, and dump those to the same file. When it comes to attachment time:
    • on Windows that file will be in lib/user.
    • on OS X it will be in ~/Library/Preferences/Angband/.
    • on Linux it'll be on ~/.angband/Angband/.

Please send your files to angbandfiledrop@gmail.com. I'll be consulting before doing another options cull, but doing it this way means I can see what options people actually use and which they don't.

Cheers!
    Last edited by takkaria; November 21, 2010, 16:38.
    takkaria whispers something about options. -more-
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Would you like options from variants as well? Once you see what's out there you may want to increase the number of options...
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• takkaria
      Veteran
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Nick
      Would you like options from variants as well? Once you see what's out there you may want to increase the number of options...
      I guess so, if they're marked as such.

PS Pav, can you make this a sticky?
      takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

• ewert
        Knight
        • Jul 2009

Meh, I'm deleting so many save files and also pref files that there is no use for me to send them ... I _used_ to have a kick-ass preffile that had autoinscribes for nearly all 0-9 for all a/z/u/r/q cmds, etc... sniff.

Comment

• dos350
          Knight
          • Sep 2010

hi sorry to interrupt the sticky but i noticed pref files to be a pain to use in 3.12v2 and havnt used in 320 because of this, its not a serious problem or anything to me, but i noticed the pref files dont load subwindow settings or something like that, anyway good one~ i will send you a pref file anyway lol! ee

but heres wat i reckon~ make hp color change default on and also make there be a default delay of like 2 or something, im sure most people would appreciate
          ~eek

Reality hits you -more-

S+++++++++++++++++++

Comment

• Treebeard
            Rookie
            • Apr 2012

Setup up a page to post all unique macros and keymaps too.

Also a suggestion for new keys. My first suggestion is have a wait for open line command in macros (or is that advanced keymapping) so tunneling can be remapped to include moves in macros or you can have running attacks or defensive moves(I haven't tried the running attacks yet it is just . run seems to be a multi turn usage like tunneling but with triggers to stop)

Also dwarfs especially should be able to tunnel an escape while enemies are in sight so maybe a focus skill key or do not disturb key, it would turn off all disturbances while digging. I can only think of the Artemis dwarf character in this instance which could disappear underground in a moment given a distraction(another possible command.) He also had fart attacks but since Tolkien keeps his dwarfs respectable I don't suggest that. The turns required to tunnel would still be in effect but when used with the above macro would help you get away from monster you don't want to fight but tend to overpower you like explosive growth types. You can usually handle those types better in a narrow space. The reason i mention this is because I have tried numerous times to tunnel when others are present it but its seems to be an action you can't perform when others are watching.

Comment

• ghengiz
              Adept
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Treebeard
              The turns required to tunnel would still be in effect but when used with the above macro would help you get away from monster you don't want to fight but tend to overpower you like explosive growth types.
              Maybe I misunderstood you, but I read this as follows:

"You activate the macro, and somehow you get *free turns to escape*."

mmm...looks too powerful to me

Originally posted by Treebeard
              The reason i mention this is because I have tried numerous times to tunnel when others are present it but its seems to be an action you can't perform when others are watching.
              The behaviour you see is intentional. Would you like to be killed/starve just because you were too concentrated on digging?
              Last edited by ghengiz; April 30, 2012, 08:22.

Comment

• Treebeard
                Rookie
                • Apr 2012

Don't read in to it. Just as it says turns are used the macro is just to move immediately after finishing the dig. Which currently is not possible, because there is no wait to finishing action key. I compared it to the . running key which is multiple turns, I presume, but with built in triggers. Actually from testing just now I found I could tunnel with monsters present and disturbances enabled. The trick is it only digs for one turn instead of the auto-dig up to 99 counts.

The escape would probably only apply to a dwarf or a digging ring. With my dwarf I think it said 18 turns for granite when I was wielding a pick and Looked at the ring description in the black market. Also it could be a race characteristic. Ents can crack stone pretty fast but I haven't played any variants with Ents. If your in a room or dead end off a room with some luck there will be quartz then it would be a lot less turns.

Another defensive move would be to block an entrance with rubble. Instead of the wall debris disappearing into cyberspace. It would look like piles of rubble behind which you would still have to dig through on your way out and it could be applied to all tunneling. So the debris goes someplace in game and you are automatically moved forward when tunneling.

The escape I'm referring to is only valid for monsters that don't stalk you and don't have long range vision, or they only react when you come to close or the explosive growth types which seem to follow LIFE like always alive algorithms. When I see a rot jelly I tunnel around them when they are in a hallway since senseless destruction of your food supply should be avoided. I suppose the magic users or the ring mentioned would still have wall to mud spells in the presence of monsters in only one turn depending on your dice rolls for success.

There are two more instance when I can think of digging when monster are present. A room full of weak, read .1 points, monsters that is a waste of time to kill but you see a gold vein and the same instance if you have the appropriate resistance to their attack so you just want to carry on business as usual. I seek out all treasure on every floor. Seek treasure scrolls pay for them selves.

So I guess what I am asking for upon finding now that digging is possible is still a focused digging option or key that uses all the normal turns but without any disturbances. Of course if you are hit or bashed or some spell is cast on you while your are digging it would effect that turn or stop your digging if confused or such. But my other suggestion which is more pressing for unlimited macro writing in any circumstance is still having a key for wait for count to finish or have the above mentioned auto move indirection of tunneling when successful.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎