X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • agoodman
    Adept
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Aodhlin

Here's a save from the latest nightly build where the borg seems to be struggling with swaps/stores.
    I think you attached the wrong save on this one. This is the vampire strike fail which should be fixed in the latest.

This borg froze up due to fear/hallucination.
    Hmmm, fear and hallucination. He is flowing into a monster he doesn't know is there. I will need to figure out what to do about this one.

Comment

• agoodman
      Adept
      • Jan 2011

got a fix in for the hallu + afraid issue. Ugly but should work, I think. Wil let you know when it is merged in.

Comment

• Aodhlin
        Rookie
        • Jul 2024

This is a lower-priority issue, but the Borg seems to be struggling a lot when scumming for *Healing* potions in the endgame. It won't dive until it has 10 of them stored at the house, but it doesn't seem to be stashing them at the house. Instead, they just get carried around until broken by inventory damage.

Note that in this case, the Borg has tons of Life potions.

Attached Files

Comment

• agoodman
          Adept
          • Jan 2011

This is a lower-priority issue, but the Borg seems to be struggling a lot when scumming for *Healing* potions in the endgame. It won't dive until it has 10 of them stored at the house, but it doesn't seem to be stashing them at the house. Instead, they just get carried around until broken by inventory damage.

Note that in this case, the Borg has tons of Life potions.
          Hmm, I will need to look at the logic behind "just store them at home for a while" endgame scumming. I think for now this will go on the "to do" list.

Comment

• Aodhlin
            Rookie
            • Jul 2024

Here's another example from the same playthrough -- the borg is stuck in a loop trying to swap stuff out.

Attached Files

Comment

• agoodman
              Adept
              • Jan 2011

Here's another example from the same playthrough -- the borg is stuck in a loop trying to swap stuff out.
              Ya, this is the Optimized Home behavior. Not only is that code really slow but it gets stuck like this. I have started working on this area...

step 1) get rid redundant item variables. (i have this written but haven't been able to test well because other bugs have had to be worked on)
              step 2) change the code from moving structures to moving pointers or integers (generally all that needs to be saved is the original quantity)
              step 3) see if I can save a list of changes in "goals" so that it does all steps before trying to do any other swaps. I think this will involve a total rewrite of that area of the code but it might be that I can salvage what I have and modify it to work.

So far this has been a lower priority because 1) it doesn't crash 2) it usually eventually kicks free... though this case has been running a while and hasn't yet but I am betting that is just because it is slow.

ya, eventually it kicked free. Sub-optimal. A bug but not a high priority (except that it annoys me and is high on my list)
              Last edited by agoodman; July 13, 2024, 01:36.

Comment

• Aodhlin
                Rookie
                • Jul 2024

This borg seems to be having a lot of problems with shops -- it will sometimes stop and visit the dungeon for a bit, but then go back to looping. Not entirely sure what's going on.

Attached Files

Comment

• Aodhlin
                  Rookie
                  • Jul 2024

This borg seems to be having a lot of problems with shops -- it will sometimes stop and visit the dungeon for a bit, but then go back to looping. Not entirely sure what's going on.
                  Of course, the reason that I'm posting examples of questionable late-game Borg behavior right now is because it is now consistently surviving and stable during the early game, which is great! Thank you for all your work!

Comment

• agoodman
                    Adept
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by agoodman
                    got a fix in for the hallu + afraid issue. Ugly but should work, I think. Wil let you know when it is merged in.
                    This should be in now but there is a known issue with -more-.

Comment

• agoodman
                      Adept
                      • Jan 2011

This is an odd one. The borg is entering the shop and immediately leaving.... repeat. I wonder what the stupid bugger is thinking. I will need to debug some.

okay, this is going to be "debug a lot" because I am getting different "power' levels depending on if you are in a store vs not so my guess is that some value is not being set when you are in a store or needs to be set earlier in the processing but this sort of thing is always a PITA to track down.

ok, I think I found it and the change may help the stocking of healing potions too. Seems it wasn't updating the home storage in time... and it was counting wrong.
                      Last edited by agoodman; July 16, 2024, 01:38.

Comment

• Aodhlin
                        Rookie
                        • Jul 2024

This isn't a high priority, but do we know why this borg isn't diving right now? It has all the supplies it needs, but it's still just hanging around dlevel 50 or so.

Attached Files

Comment

• agoodman
                          Adept
                          • Jan 2011

This isn't a high priority, but do we know why this borg isn't diving right now? It has all the supplies it needs, but it's still just hanging around dlevel 50 or so.
                          This is something you can test yourself with:
                          ^z2
                          which will give the depth the borg thinks it is prepared for and what is the (cryptically worded) reason for only being prepared for this level. This save gives:

Max Level: 97 Prep'd For: 9 Reason: 2 tele + teleport staffs

IIRC tele == teleport scrolls or charges of the staff.
                          teleport staffs... well, obviously teleport staffs.

The borg's prepared calculations can be seen in borg.txt and you can modify them there if you turn on dynamic calculations... at a performance cost that is usually about 20% but can be a lot more if you hit the slow home item optimization issue. The line in question is:

depth(10): condition((value(trait, amt teleport) + value(trait, amt escape)) < 2);

additionally you can see the other things the borg can do with
                          ^z?
                          The instructions aren't great and get out of date if I am sloppy about changing things and not updating it...

Comment

• agoodman
                            Adept
                            • Jan 2011

The fix to this and the (hopefully) final -more- fix is in the latest nightly.

Comment

• Aodhlin
                              Rookie
                              • Jul 2024

Originally posted by agoodman

The fix to this and the (hopefully) final -more- fix is in the latest nightly.
                              Great!

Is there a setting that will automatically roll a new new character for the borg if it dies?

Comment

• Aodhlin
                                Rookie
                                • Jul 2024

In one of the more amusing borg moments I've seen lately, the borg says it does not want to dive because Father Christmas is Still Alive. Christmas in July maybe?

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍