X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slinberg
    Rookie
    • May 2008

Room visibility on enter

Do I remember that there was once a setting that made sure that if you entered a room that was partially off-screen, it would adjust the view as needed to make sure it was entirely visible? I miss that.
  • ChodTheWacko
    Adept
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by slinberg
    Do I remember that there was once a setting that made sure that if you entered a room that was partially off-screen, it would adjust the view as needed to make sure it was entirely visible? I miss that.
    I don't ever recall such a thing, but you might consider turning on 'Center the map continuously'.

- Frank

Comment

• slinberg
      Rookie
      • May 2008

I could have sworn it did that at one point. Hm.

I don't like the "center map continuously" option - too much movement, feels like Diablo. I just want to not have to use "L" to change the view when I step into a room that's only half-visible. Maybe if "center map continuously" had a rubber-band effect, allowing movement within a configurable-sized rectangle before triggering the recentering, rather than constantly recentering on one grid cell?...

Comment

• Psi
        Knight
        • Apr 2007

Maybe if "center map continuously" had a rubber-band effect, allowing movement within a configurable-sized rectangle before triggering the recentering, rather than constantly recentering on one grid cell?...
        Maybe it hasn't made it into V, but O/FA has a "Set panel change factor" option within the options menu which does pretty much exactly that. I started using it when my touchscreen started getting worn out around my centred @...

Comment

• PowerDiver
          Prophet
          • Mar 2008

I could have sworn it did that at one point. Hm..
          It used to be that dungeon generation was set up to guarantee that rooms did not pass across panel boundaries. You might have thought something special was going on when it was just that you changed panels before you entered the rooms.

I play with a huge screen now that it is not an abuse of detections, and that mostly solves the problem in a different way.

Comment

• slinberg
            Rookie
            • May 2008

Ah, that's possible. I see.

Well, I guess I could crank that widescreen up a bit and see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎