X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • takkaria
    Veteran
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Maupin
    In that case I'd rather 'k' be destroy, and 'K' be destroy with the option to squelch in the future (or whatever the recent change is). As long as somehow I can get back the standard 'k' destroy functionality I know and love!

The item squelch settings menu is there for a reason.

In my opinion this new change to 'k' is something that seems like a good idea, but when you're actually playing and "Ignore X in future [y/n]" messages pop up every time you destroy something, it becomes really annoying fast.
    Interesting! I find quite the opposite, since I hate squelch menus. I guess this is option territory.
    takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

• Nick
      Vanilla maintainer
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by takkaria
      Interesting! I find quite the opposite, since I hate squelch menus. I guess this is option territory.
      You realise that, with your sig, that's quite contradictory?
      One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
      In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• takkaria
        Veteran
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Nick
        I just look like someone who can't make up their mind. Which is true in this case, really.
        takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

• zaimoni
          Knight
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by ajps
          Yeah, I'm not sure what squelching does without hide_squelchable any more - anything?. At the time I hacked it in it was a proof-of-concept, which is why it was optional.
          Agreed, the option should default to on.

I do want the option, though: being able to turn off squelch temporarily when running low on supplies to get second-rate substitutes, is a reasonable tactic.
          Zaiband: end the "I shouldn't have survived that" experience. V3.0.6 fork on Hg.
          Zaiband 3.0.10 ETA Mar. 7 2011 (Yes, schedule slipped. Latest testing indicates not enough assert() calls to allow release.)
          Z.C++: pre-alpha C/C++ compiler system (usable preprocessor). Also on Hg. Z.C++ 0.0.10 ETA December 31 2011

Comment

• buzzkill
            Prophet
            • May 2008

Originally posted by Maupin
            In that case I'd rather 'k' be destroy, and 'K' be destroy with the option to squelch in the future (or whatever the recent change is).
            Sounds like a winner to me. k=destroy, K=destroy+squelch.
            www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
            My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• PowerDiver
              Prophet
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Nick
              So long as it is someone else who adds the option, it is only slightly contradictory.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎