Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kiyoshi Aman
    Scout
    • Apr 2007

Actually, you just need to pass --with-setgid=games or something like that to have it install globally. Should've been a note making people aware of this, but this change wasn't my fault. :P
    "The Earth...is for the living. The dead have neither rights nor powers on it." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "Aim above morality. Be not simply good, be good for something." -- Mark Twain

Comment

• ekolis
      Knight
      • Apr 2007

Hmm, OK... I configured --with-setgid=games, added myself to the games group, and logged out and logged back in, but now when I run angband I get this error:

angband: Cannot find required file:
      /usr/local/share/angband/xtra/font/6x10.fon

The file is most definitely there, and I do have read permissions to it as evidenced by my ability to "cat" it and get a bunch of gobbledygook, but for some reason I'm getting that error. I don't get the error when I run angband as root, however...

I know it's really irrelevant because I'm the only one who uses my PC currently (not to mention I don't even know anyone else who plays Angband) but I just like to be able to install things globally "just in case", not to mention the fact that doing so creates a nice shortcut - I can type "angband" in the little command bar I have installed and bring it up, as opposed to navigating to the directory it's located in and then running it, or even writing a script to do so!
      You read the scroll labeled NOBIMUS UPSCOTI...
      You are surrounded by a stasis field!
      The tengu tries to teleport, but fails!

Comment

• ekolis
        Knight
        • Apr 2007

OK, this problem only seems to be occurring when I use the SDL port... I also discovered that the installer does not copy angband.glade to the proper directory for use with the GTK port. I'll file some bug reports and use the X11 port for now!
        You read the scroll labeled NOBIMUS UPSCOTI...
        You are surrounded by a stasis field!
        The tengu tries to teleport, but fails!

Comment

• tuppe666
          Rookie
          • Jul 2007

I noticed the savefiles is now broken. In practice I noticed that the -n option for "Start a new character" was also broken.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎