• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kav
    Scout
    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Hugo
    >

In 3.0.6, Robert Ruehlmann changed the algorithm for when and how the panel changes. Many people were unhapppy with the changes. They have now been undone.
    OMG I thought the map panel was changing funny. Now I know why. Yeah, the old way was MUCH better in my opinion. Thanks for that.

Comment

• Skeeblix
      Rookie
      • Jul 2007

I haven't played enough really to see many bugs yet, but the general store not buying anything back is somewhat disconcerting, considering I usually pawn off junk items for a few bits of spare change. It's just a little annoying, but not too much else.

EDIT: Okay, one other thing I just remembered that I forgot to add. Every action requiring ESC to break takes a double or even triple tap of the Escape key to work. I'm not sure it qualifies as a bug, but it too is annoying as hell, considering I have borderline carpal tunnel from tapping away at Angband. Extra keystrokes, bad.

Comment

• takkaria
        Veteran
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Skeeblix
        EDIT: Okay, one other thing I just remembered that I forgot to add. Every action requiring ESC to break takes a double or even triple tap of the Escape key to work. I'm not sure it qualifies as a bug, but it too is annoying as hell, considering I have borderline carpal tunnel from tapping away at Angband. Extra keystrokes, bad.
        Playing on Linux, in a terminal window, by any chance?
        takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

• Skeeblix
          Rookie
          • Jul 2007

Yeah, had some trouble getting it to compile, too. I had my dad do it for me since I'm not really good with Linux. It also won't let me save, and says it has all kinds of trouble creating files on startup. So, what's the deal?

Comment

• Skeeblix
            Rookie
            • Jul 2007

Got everything cleared up. Seems when I had my codemonkey father do the compiling, permissions got all screwed around and it was making it act crazy. Seems to be sorted out for now, haven't checked to see yet, but it starts up and looks a little bit more proper this time around. Thanks for the attempt to help anyways.

Comment

• petebull
              Apprentice
              • May 2007

aah, kids these days:

(grandfather voice): when we were younger we had no stinking code downloads to play games, we typed large amounts of hexadezimal numbers into our machines, read from magazines with too cheap ink and a horrible font. In the end we would have crossed our fingers the whole thing even runs.

Comment

• takkaria
                Veteran
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by petebull
                aah, kids these days:

(grandfather voice): when we were younger we had no stinking code downloads to play games, we typed large amounts of hexadezimal numbers into our machines, read from magazines with too cheap ink and a horrible font. In the end we would have crossed our fingers the whole thing even runs.
                You had numbers? We had to make do with sticks...

Comment

• Nick
                  Vanilla maintainer
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by takkaria
                  You had numbers? We had to make do with sticks...
                  Sticks? We dreamed of sticks. We used to have to make do with grit from under our toenails.
                  One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                  In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• K.I.L.E.R
                    Apprentice
                    • May 2007

I only used a calculator. I'm only 23 years young.

Comment

• khearn
                      Rookie
                      • Jul 2007

disturb_panel not working.

I can't get the disturb_panel option to work. Whether it is set or not, I still keep running off the edges of panels. On a long hallway I can move a couple of panels at once, which could be fatal in some circumstances.

This is using 3.0.8 on Windows XP, but I think I've seen this behavior on an older version as well.

Keith

Comment

• donalde
                        Apprentice
                        • Jun 2007

V308 bug?

Hi

I just started to play with V308. Nice changes, makes game playing easier (I have to remember not to hit Enter too ofter, previous version I hit ener to clear all those -more- -prompts.

I turned center_player on, I run log twisting corridor. Corridor was over screen width length, so I run out of trap detecting area. I hit paralyze trap, and before I hit enter to clear prompt, I spotted second @ -sign in middle of screen, and another in top right corner on top of trap. Not a serious bug, but I thought some one might want to fix this on some day.

- donalde -

Comment

• ctate
                          Rookie
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by takkaria
                          Playing on Linux, in a terminal window, by any chance?
                          Yes, and I'm having the "must hit ESC twice" issue too. What's the bug?

--
                          ctate

Comment

• Daven_26d1
                            Adept
                            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by ctate
                            Yes, and I'm having the "must hit ESC twice" issue too. What's the bug?

--
                            ctate
                            You'll hear this a lot:

"its not a bug, its a feature"

The terminal requires you to press escape twice in sequence to send a single escape press to the running program. So nothing to do with angband; either put up with it or change configuration.

Actually, A good feature request might be to have another key equate to escape within the game, like ADOM does with 'z'.

EDIT - now I think about it, you could always set a macro to "\e". Tab might be good.
                            Last edited by Daven_26d1; July 22, 2007, 13:27.
                            You sold a Broken Sword (1d2) (-2,-4) {average} (j) for 1 gold.
                            The shopkeeper howls in agony!
                            You say "Dude, the clue is in the name...".

Comment

• takkaria
                              Veteran
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Daven_26d1
                              Actually, A good feature request might be to have another key equate to escape within the game, like ADOM does with 'z'.
                              I see the FAQ I included with the game has in fact been completely ignored.

I quote:

Code:
                              4. "I'm playing in a terminal and the Escape key isn't working as it
                                 should - I have to press it twice, or just wait a while."

This is a feature of terminals to allow you to enter keypresses that
                                 can't be sent directly.  Use the backtick ('`') key instead -- it's
                                 equivalent in every way to Escape.

Comment

• Daven_26d1
                                Adept
                                • Jun 2007

ooops. Backtick is a much better key too.
                                I did read the FAQ, but since I don't play in a terminal, it obviously didn't stick in my head.
                                You sold a Broken Sword (1d2) (-2,-4) {average} (j) for 1 gold.
                                The shopkeeper howls in agony!
                                You say "Dude, the clue is in the name...".

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎