Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • locus
    Adept
    • Nov 2012

Also the Parry bonus doesn't apply for the defensive bonus of your off-hand but that might be intentional.

Comment

• Pete Mack
      Prophet
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by locus
      Bug report! When charging and dual-wielding, the off-hand weapon appears to pick up the die-size of the primary hand weapon. This is great fun for off-hand bastard swords, but probably not intended behavior.

OK, that is a GREAT exploit!

Comment

• half
        Knight
        • Jan 2009

Bug report! When charging and dual-wielding, the off-hand weapon appears to pick up the die-size of the primary hand weapon. This is great fun for off-hand bastard swords, but probably not intended behavior.
        Thanks for reporting this. It was indeed a bug and is fixed in the development version.

Comment

• half
          Knight
          • Jan 2009

Also the Parry bonus doesn't apply for the defensive bonus of your off-hand but that might be intentional.
          This one is intentional.

Comment

• Patashu
            Knight
            • Jan 2008

Was Parry too powerful when it doubled your offhand evasion bonus too?
            My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu

Comment

• debo
              Veteran
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Patashu
              Think about what happens if you find Galadriel [+3] and Orcrist [+2] -- and I think way back, Glamdring was [+3] too lol, you could potentially get +12 evasion just from your weapons!

Which, come to think of it, would be pretty badass
              Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'

Comment

• BlueFish
                Swordsman
                • Aug 2011

Very small bug: if you're wearing The Boots of Irime, your "self knowledge" stats claims your arrows light up the dungeon.

Comment

• BlueFish
                  Swordsman
                  • Aug 2011

How does speed interact with the effect of songs? For instance, if you sing Lorien while stealthy, and thus slow, and you wait in the corner for a procession of unwary monsters to walk by, they'll walk by at a rate of two squares per turn. Are they getting one "hit" from Lorien for every two steps they take, or do they get one "hit" from Lorien for every one step they take?

Comment

• Scatha
                    Swordsman
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Patashu
                    We were concerned that it was too good, and also that it was too synergistic with two-weapon fighting, which isn't an ability which needs to see more use. There would be something more elegant about lifting the restriction, and it would be more of a fun interaction to discover, so I'm not sure what the better route is here. (It's also possible we might replace Parry with a different mechanic if we find something particularly clean.)

Comment

• Scatha
                      Swordsman
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by BlueFish
                      How does speed interact with the effect of songs? For instance, if you sing Lorien while stealthy, and thus slow, and you wait in the corner for a procession of unwary monsters to walk by, they'll walk by at a rate of two squares per turn. Are they getting one "hit" from Lorien for every two steps they take, or do they get one "hit" from Lorien for every one step they take?
                      I think it's the second of these.

Comment

• BlueFish
                        Swordsman
                        • Aug 2011

According to the manual, @ gets a bonus of 7 to stealth for passing his turn. Stealth mode is a bonus of 5, but the "pass turn" bonus supersedes it and is not cumulative with it. Would it make sense, in that case, to do the "pass turn" under normal speed, even when in stealth mode, since stealth mode, when you pass, gives no bonus of any kind?

Comment

• Scatha
                          Swordsman
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by BlueFish
                          According to the manual, @ gets a bonus of 7 to stealth for passing his turn. Stealth mode is a bonus of 5, but the "pass turn" bonus supersedes it and is not cumulative with it. Would it make sense, in that case, to do the "pass turn" under normal speed, even when in stealth mode, since stealth mode, when you pass, gives no bonus of any kind?
                          Good instincts! It actually works this way already, for precisely this reason (otherwise optimal play would involve a lot of toggling stealth mode, which is bad).

Comment

• BlueFish
                            Swordsman
                            • Aug 2011

Thanks Scatha. I'm pretty sure I've seen normal speed enemies double-move when I wait while in stealth mode, but I'll try to repro it to be sure.

Another question - isn't "freedom of movement" supposed to make you invulnerable to trances? I'm fighting a spider of gorgoroth and have on the ring of barahir, which grants freedom of movement, but I'm getting entranced every time.

Comment

• debo
                              Veteran
                              • Oct 2011

All resistances in sil just given +10 to the relevant opposed skill roll -- if you have 0 base will, for example, you will still get entranced a lot with free action.
                              Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'

Comment

• BlueFish
                                Swordsman
                                • Aug 2011

I see, thanks Debo. So zero base will is a bad idea for the end-game.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎