• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • half
    Knight
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by edbrannin
    The following text appears in the Smithing section of the Sil 1.1.1 Manual:
    That was odd -- it was text from Polearm Mastery. Thanks for letting me know, and I hope you are enjoying the game.

Comment

• andrey
      Scout
      • Apr 2013

Amazing game!

What an amazing game. I played in a lot of rogue-like : Adom, Incursion, TOME.

I especially like the fact that "farming" is highly discouraged, while quick descending is a plausible way to go. Everything is nearly perfect. It is fun playing a single character in less than a day. Way to go.

Comment

• ussgordoncaptain
        Rookie
        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by andrey
        What an amazing game. I played in a lot of rogue-like : Adom, Incursion, TOME.

I especially like the fact that "farming" is highly discouraged, while quick descending is a plausible way to go. Everything is nearly perfect. It is fun playing a single character in less than a day. Way to go.
        As a person who has died 100 times and still has not won yet (Just died to an annoying cat assasin!) I find this game a very good game. But it is definitely one of the hardest games I ever played.
        Compare this to
        Ftl (a game that is considered hard, I beat it on my 3rd try(
        I wanna be the Guy ( I would say sil is harder than I wanna be the guy)
        I wanna be the fangame (I wanna be the fangame is evil! like seriously the fight with blue, and all the puzzles)
        touhou (a game developed by a japanese team, a game where you need pixil perfect precision)
        Kaizo mario world (a Romhack of Mario, designed to be unbeatable unless you use savestates)

But seriously good job with the game, someday I'll persist and beat perhaps the hardest game I ever played
        光復香港 時代革命 五大訴求 缺一不可

Comment

• Patashu
          Knight
          • Jan 2008

All of the games you are comparing Sil to are fundamentally different kinds of games - they are action games, with reflexes, timing, precision and so on. Sil is a completely different kind of hard.
          My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu

Comment

• ussgordoncaptain
            Rookie
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Patashu
            All of the games you are comparing Sil to are fundamentally different kinds of games - they are action games, with reflexes, timing, precision and so on. Sil is a completely different kind of hard.
            True, but it is uncommon for me to find a difficult turn based strategy game, so I plan to grind this game until I finally win (thus far I have managed to die to a cat assasin's triple critical.) The games I listed were just examples of other very difficult games that were commonly accepted as "difficult". Not necessarily games that are very comparable kinds of difficulty, but still... 100 deaths and lowest I got was 850 feet
            光復香港 時代革命 五大訴求 缺一不可

Comment

• Patashu
              Knight
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by ussgordoncaptain
              True, but it is uncommon for me to find a difficult turn based strategy game, so I plan to grind this game until I finally win (thus far I have managed to die to a cat assasin's triple critical.)
              When you need something different, try Brogue

Comment

• bisonbison
                Rookie
                • Jan 2013

half and scatha, anything about the next release that you'd like to tell folks about?

Comment

• Starhawk
                  Adept
                  • Sep 2010

Oh, how I wish for a Potion of Respeccing.... as my bashy two-handed-weapon user just found a Deathblade (+6, 1d9).

Ye gods!

Comment

• debo
                    Veteran
                    • Oct 2011

The best way to get a +5 or greater deathblade is to create a build that can't effectively use it.
                    Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'

Comment

• Starhawk
                      Adept
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by debo
                      The best way to get a +5 or greater deathblade is to create a build that can't effectively use it.
                      Debo's Law of Deathblades. I love it.

Corollary: You'll be so distracted and frustrated that your character will be dead inside of five minutes. Now you know why they call it a Deathblade.

Comment

• manchu
                        Scout
                        • Apr 2007

So that time I got that +9 deathblade I guess I didn't know what I had...

Comment

• debo
                          Veteran
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by manchu
                          So that time I got that +9 deathblade I guess I didn't know what I had...
                          0.2% chance of that happening
                          Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'

Comment

• Patashu
                            Knight
                            • Jan 2008

To clarify - When a deathblade spawns, it starts at +0 and flips coins. Every heads, it adds +1, on the first tails it stops. So +9 has a 1/2^9 = 1/512 ~= 0.2% chance when you find a deathblade.

Comment

• BlueFish
                              Swordsman
                              • Aug 2011

The "Recall" window doesn't update based on archery targets, but does update based on melee target. Is this intentional? I wish it would update for archery targets, unless I'm missing something.

Comment

• locus
                                Adept
                                • Nov 2012

Bug report! When charging and dual-wielding, the off-hand weapon appears to pick up the die-size of the primary hand weapon. This is great fun for off-hand bastard swords, but probably not intended behavior.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎