Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UglySquirrell
    Swordsman
    • Jul 2011

Yikes, just got Kelek's Grimoire from a scroll on dlvl 37 on my ironman mage. Feel like I now have a target on my back haven't even found book 4 yet. Well keepin my fingers crossed

Comment

• Estie
      Veteran
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by UglySquirrell
      Yikes, just got Kelek's Grimoire from a scroll on dlvl 37 on my ironman mage. Feel like I now have a target on my back haven't even found book 4 yet. Well keepin my fingers crossed
      Nice one, but beware...I have killed more than 1 mage by using banishment too early.

Comment

• UglySquirrell
        Swordsman
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Estie
        Nice one, but beware...I have killed more than 1 mage by using banishment too early.
        Lol, yeah I've done this a few times too with scrolls. Oh there's only 20 trolls, no problem : I'm going really carefully, useing banish for some of the more troublesome letters of the alphabet. g, v, Q and s, destructing the others if needed. I just found Ringil for the first time ever on level 46 :-) now I'm waiting for range to nuke me.
        Last edited by UglySquirrell; August 10, 2011, 10:18.

Comment

• Jay
          Adept
          • Dec 2011

I'm still playing my hobbit rogue (he's here on the ladder) and had a couple scrolls of *Acquirement* that I just now read at level 105. The first one brought Luthien; the second, Cubragol. Amazing haul considering how useless those scrolls usually are at that level -- I mean, usually you get things that would have been very helpful at some stage of the game, but even items of Westernesse, Defenders, and Holy Avengers are of limited use at this stage. I'm pretty sure I'll find a place for Cubragol in my kit.
          Oh you icky things, don't you know you're driving your mamas and papas insane…

Comment

• WingedEspeon
            Rookie
            • Mar 2015

I got The battle axe of Balli Stonehand from my second or third scroll of aquirment ever. Still pretty useless beacuese I have managed to enchant sting to (+7,+10) when I read the scroll on 30 something.

Comment

• Orrus
              Scout
              • Mar 2008

So this morning I started a new Dwarf Samurai, and was at dlvl 6, clvl 10. Had an inventory full of un-ID'd pots, scrolls, staves, etc as per usual low level exploration. I go to town and sell everything to vendor-ID it all, and guess what the shop keeper has a good gleefull laugh about? Well low and behold now sitting in the shop keepers inventory for 142,500 gold pieces is a nice crisp new Scroll of Acquirement. Grrrrr, and he only gave me 12g for it.

I really didn't expect such a nice scroll at dlvl 5-6, so I thought there would be no danger in vendor-IDing everything

Comment

• AnonymousHero
                Veteran
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Orrus
                So this morning I started a new Dwarf Samurai, and was at dlvl 6, clvl 10. Had an inventory full of un-ID'd pots, scrolls, staves, etc as per usual low level exploration. I go to town and sell everything to vendor-ID it all, and guess what the shop keeper has a good gleefull laugh about? Well low and behold now sitting in the shop keepers inventory for 142,500 gold pieces is a nice crisp new Scroll of Acquirement. Grrrrr, and he only gave me 12g for it.

I really didn't expect such a nice scroll at dlvl 5-6, so I thought there would be no danger in vendor-IDing everything
                In Poscheng you can almost guarantee that there's going to be something that's going to be generated way out of depth every once in a while. (Fortunately the same is true of Vanilla, these days, but perhaps not quite as extreme.)

If it's any consolation, I've had a similar experience with Boots of Speed (+4, I think) before pseudo-ID kicked in.

Comment

• Freddo
                  Rookie
                  • Mar 2015

Bought *Aquirement* at Black Market for 30K.
                  Read at 2200'.

Survey Says:

Iron Helm of Dor-Lomin [7,+20] <+4, +2, -1>
                  Conjured forth by magic at 2200 feet (level 44).
                  +4 strength, constitution.
                  +2 dexterity.
                  -1 stealth.
                  Provides resistance to acid, lightning, fire, cold.
                  Provides protection from fear.
                  Cannot be harmed by acid, electricity, fire, cold.
                  Grants telepathy. Grants the ability to see invisible things.

It would appear to be better than my current helm, Holhenneth.
                  Initially I wasn't sure I wanted to give up +2 Int, P Blind and P Conf...

Using it will allow me to drop the Amulet of Telepathy, and add amulet of the Magi, and get +2 Int back, P Blind back, and P Paral. Having P Paral on the amulet will allow me to drop Boots of Free Action, and swap to +3 Sandals of Stealth or something else later on. Overall a win, and prob worth the 30K

Iron Helm 'Holhenneth' [7,+10] <+2>
                  Found lying on the floor in a vault at 2050 feet (level 41).

+2 intelligence, wisdom.
                  +10% to searching.
                  Provides protection from blindness, confusion.
                  Cannot be harmed by acid, electricity, fire, cold.
                  Grants the ability to see invisible things.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2009

Great drop Freddo! Dor Lomin is probably the best artifact helm out there except maybe Crown of Gondor or Crown of Numenor. You may want to keep Holhenneth for its confusion protection, but by the end game I suspect you'll be wearing Dor Lomin.
                    “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
                    ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• gglibertine
                      Adept
                      • Dec 2007

I had Dor-Lomin for the first time recently. SO much better than Holhenneth. Having ESP integrated into a piece of armor frees up your amulet slot for so many possibilities!

Comment

• Rowan
                        Adept
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by gglibertine
                        I had Dor-Lomin for the first time recently. SO much better than Holhenneth. Having ESP integrated into a piece of armor frees up your amulet slot for so many possibilities!
                        Yep! I usually wear Dor-Lomin through endgame, though it sometimes shows up early.

Comment

• katkt
                          Rookie
                          • Jun 2007

Ringil?

I picked up vanilla again after a long hiatus, and I just had my first scroll of acquirement generate Ringil for me on level 33.

I'm ... not disappointed.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by katkt
                            I picked up vanilla again after a long hiatus, and I just had my first scroll of acquirement generate Ringil for me on level 33.

A massively lucky find!
                            “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
                            ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• krazyhades
                              Swordsman
                              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by katkt

wuh..buh??
                              buhhhh????

Comment

• Sky
                                Veteran
                                • Oct 2016

the ring of adamant.

which you'd think is a great find, except i'm on randarts and this is essentially just a "ring of +4", and doesn't even come with +speed.
                                "i can take this dracolich"

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍