X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seany C
    Swordsman
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Geofferic
    I really do wish something more was done with those daggers. Like they could improve with clvl or something. I love hanging onto them. Usually the only thing in my house. Hehe.

You'd like ToME - the 'Thanc daggers are 'sentient' and gain levels and properties as you kill stuff with them (and a handful of other weapons)...

Comment

• Bandobras
      Knight
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Geofferic
      I really do wish something more was done with those daggers.
      Keep them in your quiver and macro their activation --- in most variants they recharge in quiver. In some variants their brands are very valuable against non-resistant monsters, so you can swap them in from time to time, especially for Rogues and Assassins that value light weapons. The same for throwing at non-resistant monsters.

Uhm, oh, actually, am I in the V subforum? How did I get there?

Comment

• Geofferic
        Scout
        • Oct 2007

Well, I have been playing V since before Ben Harrison ... but I just installed my first variant. *ducks*

So I don't know if these are things I can do in other games or not. Hehehe.

So far, Steamband seems ok and I'm looking forward to trying UnAngband some more now that I know how to leave the first town. *sheepish grin*

Comment

• Djabanete
          Knight
          • Apr 2007

Glaive of Slay Human at depth 34...

I guess the scroll was dropped by a Hill Orc, so I shouldn't have expected much.

What's funny is that I actually used the damn thing.

Comment

• fyonn
            Adept
            • Jul 2007

well, i just for my first scroll of acquirement in the current game, on level 77, and it netted me *another* copy of tensers... wowee :|

Comment

• Mondkalb
              Knight
              • Apr 2007

I just got Holhenneth at dlvl 32.
              My Angband winners so far

My FAangband efforts so far

Comment

• Dragonboneman
                Adept
                • Aug 2007

You're deader than A-line flares with pockets in the knees.

Comment

• Mondkalb
                  Knight
                  • Apr 2007

Wrong - I found my first PDSM ever - now I'm dead! Though the dead was stupid as always.
                  Besides the char was dead from the beginning because Bullroarer dropped the phial.
                  OTOH my paladin passed away without finding a single dungeon spellbook.
                  My Angband winners so far

My FAangband efforts so far

Comment

• aeneas
                    Adept
                    • Jun 2007

My first scroll of Acquirement yielded Gondor. I don't think I've ever gotten anything memorable from one since . That character, the first I ever had who _should_ have been a winner (died to tapping too fast at dlvl ~80), had a number of lucky firsts.

First Ancient Dragon I ever killed yielded Ringil, around 1900'. First round vault I ever entered gave Belthronding and Barahir (about 2000'- I needed RPoison, so Barahir was useful, and I was a ranger so Belthronding was nice). First ever greater vault yielded a lot of useful artifacts, including Thorin (around 4200' EDIT: err, I mean 2200). I do remember that that vault almost killed me twice- twas the first time I ever killed Adunaphel, which was a near thing, and then for some reason I tried on some new artifact armor and gave up rDark right before an Ethereal Dragon popped through the wall. Kind of amazing that I remember all this- the dump is long lost. I guess you always remember your first good kit.
                    Last edited by aeneas; December 8, 2007, 07:07.

Comment

• Sir Crashalot
                      Rookie
                      • Dec 2007

I picked up a scroll on my lvl 26 HE Mage while diving from lvl 20 to lvl 30. I didn`t Id it until I got down there and was pleasantly suprised when I saw what it was. I read it straight away and it gave me a Brigadine Armour of the Rohirrim.

Comment

• darkdrone
                        Apprentice
                        • Apr 2007

Anguirel, in Sangband, ?Acq was dropped by a Master Rogue - cant remm the depth though ...
                        "When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche.
                        (does this mean the RNG learns my worst fears, mummy?)

Comment

• dhegler
                          Swordsman
                          • Sep 2009

I just read one and there was nothing on the ground or in my pack. How about that?

Comment

• Raven
                            Rookie
                            • Mar 2010

Level 5 Scroll of Acquirement

I am fairly new to Angband and just found my first Scroll of Acquirement ever on only Level 5, must have been a freak lucky spawn from what I have read. What I am curious about, am I better off saving it for a deeper level, or should I read it now before I get killed or even just sell it? Does the depth you read it or your level matter?
                            Opinions?

Comment

• buzzkill
                              Prophet
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by Raven
                              I am fairly new to Angband and just found my first Scroll of Acquirement ever on only Level 5... Does the depth you read it or your level matter?
                              That's a freaky good find. You definitely want to read it before you die. The deeper the better, but even reading it in town (not recommended) would probably yield you something very useful. Don't sell it, that's no fun .
                              www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
                              My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• PowerDiver
                                Prophet
                                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Raven
                                I am fairly new to Angband and just found my first Scroll of Acquirement ever on only Level 5, must have been a freak lucky spawn from what I have read. What I am curious about, am I better off saving it for a deeper level, or should I read it now before I get killed or even just sell it? Does the depth you read it or your level matter?
                                Opinions?
                                The dungeon level matters. If you read it, you should wait until DL20 I guess.

Selling it would be the smarter choice. It is a shame that is an option, but so long as it is you ought to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎