Site issues

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Pete Mack
    Prophet
    • Apr 2007
    • 6878

    Site issues

    1. The Web 2.0 bland colors. Various shades of blue is just dull. The old colors were excellent, though it's hardly the only excellent choice.
    2. The lack of "new posts" and "recent posts" queries. This one is just crippling. It was my primary access method, used maybe 95% of the time.
  • PowerWyrm
    Prophet
    • Apr 2008
    • 2975

    #2
    Originally posted by Pete Mack
    2. The lack of "new posts" and "recent posts" queries. This one is just crippling. It was my primary access method, used maybe 95% of the time.
    My primary access method was to go to the home page and check the "latest forum threads" section. But each time I click on a link in that section, I get "Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."
    PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

    Comment

    • Gwarl
      Administrator
      • Jan 2017
      • 1012

      #3
      Originally posted by PowerWyrm

      My primary access method was to go to the home page and check the "latest forum threads" section. But each time I click on a link in that section, I get "Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."
      There was an issues that wspecifically affected inks the thread on this subforum and only this subforum which I have just fixed

      Comment

      • Gwarl
        Administrator
        • Jan 2017
        • 1012

        #4
        Originally posted by Pete Mack
        1. The Web 2.0 bland colors. Various shades of blue is just dull. The old colors were excellent, though it's hardly the only excellent choice.
        2. The lack of "new posts" and "recent posts" queries. This one is just crippling. It was my primary access method, used maybe 95% of the time.
        To be fair the new colours aren't that far removed from the oook.cz colours, although I think I will add some orange/yellow. I've tried to make themes toggleable between the old one and the new, I'm not sure if it worked.

        Comment

        • Cryomaniac
          Swordsman
          • Jan 2022
          • 270

          #5
          Can you make it so that clicking on one of the threads in the 'Latest Forum Threads' section takes you to the most recent post in the thread, like it used to on the old site? Right now , it takes you to the first post in the thread, even if it's a multi-page post and you have to change pages to get to the recent content.

          Comment

          • Nick
            Vanilla maintainer
            • Apr 2007
            • 9585

            #6
            Originally posted by Cryomaniac
            Can you make it so that clicking on one of the threads in the 'Latest Forum Threads' section takes you to the most recent post in the thread, like it used to on the old site? Right now , it takes you to the first post in the thread, even if it's a multi-page post and you have to change pages to get to the recent content.
            You can get that behaviour by going to your profile in the top right corner and then in User Settings->Account->Conversation Detail Options set Display Mode to Latest Activity.
            One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
            In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

            Comment

            • Nick
              Vanilla maintainer
              • Apr 2007
              • 9585

              #7
              Originally posted by Gwarl

              To be fair the new colours aren't that far removed from the oook.cz colours, although I think I will add some orange/yellow. I've tried to make themes toggleable between the old one and the new, I'm not sure if it worked.
              Something weird seems to have happened to them now if you have Forum Default chosen as the style. Quotes have dark background and are quite readable, but the body of the post is light blue text on white, which is hard to read. I currently have my style set to Dark.
              One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
              In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

              Comment

              • tangar
                Veteran
                • Mar 2015
                • 1000

                #8
                it will be fun to make blue text of the links on the forum more lighter blue. as now it's blue on darkblue background which is hard to read
                https://tangaria.com - Angband multiplayer variant
                tangaria.com/variants - Angband variants table
                tangar.info - my website ⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽⍽
                youtube.com/GameGlaz — streams in English ⍽ youtube.com/StreamGuild — streams in Russian

                Comment

                Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎