X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gwarl
    Administrator
    • Jan 2017

Ladder issues

The ladder and forum are running on an outdated version of PHP. In order to update the forum software, I needed to get it running separately so it could use a different version of PHP. Some of the ladder functions depended on the forum software and are temporarily broken. The next step is to upgrade the forum software.

Once that's done I can focus on the ladder - the goal there is to rewrite it all using node.js and have it be a part of angband.live - so you will use your angband.live account rather than your forum account for the ladder. Ultimately having all three work together would be nice.
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Note this change alters the URL of anything on the forum - (https://forum.angband.live/forum/showthread.php?t=5698 becomes https://forum.angband.live/showthread.php?t=5698, etc - in case you happened to have one open in a browser tab (random example, totally didn't happen to me).
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Pete Mack
      Prophet
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Gwarl
      heand have it be a part of angband.live - so you will use your angband.live account rather than your forum account for the ladder. Ultimately having all three work together would be nice.
      Would direct posting still be possible? I usually play on my phone now--Diego's Android port is phenomenal. But it doesn't work for playing on angband live.
      Edit:
      There is a lot of room at the bottom of the screen in landscape mode, for all those extra sub- windows.

Comment

• Egavactip
        Swordsman
        • Mar 2012

There's a problem with the ladder. When I try to enter a game, it tells me to enter my e-mail or log in to the forum, which would allow me to use my user name. But logging into the forum does not do anything to the ladder; it still won't let you enter a game under your user name. And any game entered under my e-mail address doesn't show up with all the games recorded under my user name (plus, I don't want to use my e-mail address). This is pretty frustrating.

Comment

• Gwarl
          Administrator
          • Jan 2017

It's a long process. Now that the forum is running on modern PHP I think the next step is to rewrite the ladder to also work on php8.1. After that I can try and replicate some of the vbulletin forum hacks but there seems to be a great deal more complexity and anti-hack security in 6.0.2 compared to 3.8.11

Comment

• Gwarl
            Administrator
            • Jan 2017

I've made far more progress than I expected - I fixed everything that seemed to go wrong with the ladder from a php8.1 vBulletin 6.0.2 perspective and amazingly it seems to work. So the ladder should be working again now.

Comment

• fruviad
              Apprentice
              • Jan 2011

Is this a known problem?

If you view a list of ladder entries, the "By" column of the table lists either the submitter's Forum username or their email address, both of which are hyperlinked.

If the "By" value for a row is a Forum username, then clicking on that linked username will result in a 404 page.

The URL being linked from the "By" value is of the form:

If you want to view a list of submitted dumps submitted by that individual, then the link should be:

Upload and browse character dumps from angband variants.

If you wish to view the member's Forum profile, then the link should be:

Is there Github repo where this would be saved as an issue (so I can confirm something is not already reported before posting about it here?)

Comment

• Gwarl
                Administrator
                • Jan 2017

Reporting here is fine there's no github page for the ladder. I'll look into it.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎