X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inky
    Rookie
    • May 2019

"What is that?"

I like to play Angband in blow-off / boring classes. It doesn't usually distract people around, but there are some who can't help themselves. I mostly get asked if I'm "coding/hacking" which is understandable, yet still funny. In a recent class, the person who sat next to me asked me if I was playing Undertale, which really stuck with me.

So, to anyone who plays Angband/variants in public, what's the funniest thing an onlooker has asked you about the game?
  • DrWho42
    Adept
    • May 2019

Originally posted by inky
    In a recent class, the person who sat next to me asked me if I was playing Undertale, which really stuck with me.
    i love undertale but that's kind of a stretch :P
    avatar by chuckdrawsthings. thanks chuck!

bootleg fishcenterlive

🌲link🌲tree🌲

Comment

• Sphara
      Knight
      • Oct 2016

I gotta add this quote from my twin sisters fiance seeing me playing, even though the game I showed him, wasn't Angband, but some other graphical tile roguelike:

"So, this is like Pokemon Go, but with swords and dragons? Right?"

Comment

• bio_hazard
        Knight
        • Dec 2008

This was years ago, but I was on a commuter train and started up a Dwarf Fortress world (ascii). Lots of uni folks on the train.

Two guys asked me what I was doing– apparently they were watching for a while and couldn't figure out what sort of data or coding work I was doing. They seemed a little disappointed when I told them what it was.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎