• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Magnate
    Angband Devteam member
    • May 2007

Calling all Path of Exile players!

Hi folks,

The Angband guild currently has just five members - we're looking for a full party to start running maps together for more loot and xp.

If you're interested in joining us, pls PM me either here or on the PoE forums so I can invite you into the guild. (I'm Magnate on PoE too.)

If you're already a member, pls reply if you're interested in some mapping, pointing out which time zone you're in. I'm in GMT and can really only do between 7pm and midnight, though I have some childcare-free days coming up (13th, 17th, 18th).

CC
    "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles
  • fph
    Veteran
    • Apr 2009

I'm in GMT+1, playing not quite often, mostly in the evening (6pm-midnight). My internet connection could be a bit slow sometimes, but it should still be ok for mapping.

The main character that I'm playing now is a summoner witch. Not heavily specced for magic find because of lack of top-notch resist gear (currently 111IQ/85IR with my main attack arc --- I can swap gear to prioritize IR for party play though).

Alternatively I have another level 70-something LA ranger and a sporker witch that I've never touched after v.1.0 came out -- they have a full respec available but not a full set of optimized gems and gear; I'm not sure what to build with them (suggestions welcome). If you'd rather not play with a summoner, I can bring one of them on.
    --
    Dive fast, die young, leave a high-CHA corpse.

Comment

• HallucinationMushroom
      Knight
      • Apr 2007

I'm gmt -5, or, Eastern Standard Time. East Coast USA.

I'm your tank. Just stand me in front of it and I'll whap it and more than likely never die, and my dps isn't too bad either. I also blind everything so as long as you don't have unwavering stance, you will only get hit, at most, 24% of the time. Spells always hit, btw. I have 67% spell block, 75% everything else block... so after it misses, I then block 3/4 of what gets through.

I can barely run the game, so summoners and even WildKhaine's spark spiders just thrash my frames per second. I'm hoping to get a new pc soon... but fortunately there are no monsters in Vaults of Atziri. I have set aside 3 of these to run as a group... which would be a nice fun way to start mapping. Just free loot.

ign: Necklopper
      You are on something strange

Comment

• dos350
        Knight
        • Sep 2010

u guys play nemesis or wat?? pm me or dos350@jsp
        ~eek

Reality hits you -more-

S+++++++++++++++++++

Comment

• HallucinationMushroom
          Knight
          • Apr 2007

Hey man,... I'm a standard player. Some of the other guys might have some nemesis alts, but from what I've seen, we are all pretty much standard league players. I spend more time chewing the fat than playing anyway, so add me if you want to talk or something. I've got a nice collection of people that I annoy who are trying to actually play the game...

I'm just about finished with the game. I've put everything of value that my best character is not using in the stash, and gave away a lot of other things to my other friends.

Hey WildKhaine, do you play anymore? Haven't seen you in weeks. Magnate and fph are mapping now... we needs to do those Atziri runs! You know... find all of the no-loot, but together.

Edit: I meant to mention that if you need me to free up space in the Guild Stash, just let me know... I have acres of space on my character's stash. Also, treat that stuff as your own... use it, sell it, I don't care. I ate up a chunk of space with maps in stash 2, so I'm going to just reduce the number as they don't seem to be being used.
          Last edited by HallucinationMushroom; December 12, 2013, 13:40.

Comment

• Magnate
            Angband Devteam member
            • May 2007

Originally posted by HallucinationMushroom
            Edit: I meant to mention that if you need me to free up space in the Guild Stash, just let me know... I have acres of space on my character's stash. Also, treat that stuff as your own... use it, sell it, I don't care. I ate up a chunk of space with maps in stash 2, so I'm going to just reduce the number as they don't seem to be being used.
            Sorry, been a bit busy at work this week, but I'm working on them! Thanks again for your huge generosity, it's been a real boost. I hit 69th last night, so working towards 70th.

I can't recommend this game enough. It's the game Hellgate and Diablo3 should have been, the game Grim Dawn probably won't be. It's the ultimate graphical roguelike. I hope some more Angband players drop by to try it out.
            "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• WildKhaine
              Scout
              • Oct 2012

I'm gmt -8 I think. Bad with time zones. Pretty flexible schedule, just let me know whenever y'all want to run some maps

Originally posted by HallucinationMushroom
              Hey WildKhaine, do you play anymore? Haven't seen you in weeks. Magnate and fph are mapping now... we needs to do those Atziri runs! You know... find all of the no-loot, but together.
              Was out of town for a bit so couldn't log on for awhile.
              Last edited by WildKhaine; December 16, 2013, 16:11.

Comment

• LostTemplar
                Knight
                • Aug 2009

I am about to join PoE.

Comment

• WildKhaine
                  Scout
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by LostTemplar
                  I am about to join PoE.
                  Cool, welcome to PoE. My ign is Arconus_The_Shield_Wall if you want to add me when you get started.

Comment

• debo
                    Veteran
                    • Oct 2011

Does Path of Exile have rockets
                    Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'

Comment

• WildKhaine
                      Scout
                      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by debo
                      Does Path of Exile have rockets
                      Sorry, no rockets.

Comment

• HallucinationMushroom
                        Knight
                        • Apr 2007

Yes it does have rockets. Anything to get Debo playing, dammit. Just nod yes.

YES IT HAS ROCKETS. I'm sure with a bow and the barrage skill and a cheap microtransaction it will look like teh_rockets.

Comment

• WildKhaine
                          Scout
                          • Oct 2012

Well, that's a good point. Probably can find some kind of effect to make it look pretty close to a rocket. Haven't tried out the Barrage skill yet so not sure what it looks like. Fireballs might look a bit like rockets

Comment

• LostTemplar
                            Knight
                            • Aug 2009

Some AOE + Cast on crit + another AOE is better then any rocket.

Btw I played it for a bit an must say, I expected much better game, based on comments, then it actually is, it looks like just a standard diablo clone. Do it feature some more fun at higher levels ?
                            Last edited by LostTemplar; December 20, 2013, 22:47.

Comment

• Magnate
                              Angband Devteam member
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by LostTemplar
                              Some AOE + Cast on crit + another AOE is better then any rocket.

Btw I played it for a bit an must say, I expected much better game, based on comments, then it actually is, it looks like just a standard diablo clone. Do it feature some more fun at higher levels ?
                              In a word, yes. The fights are tougher than any Diablo ever got, and the equipment subgame (support gems vs. item stats) is more sophisticated than any other roguelike. Then there are the endgame maps, which are a stroke of infinitely-replayable genius.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎