Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mondkalb
    Knight
    • Apr 2007

Beware! It will consume all of your time.
    My Angband winners so far

My FAangband efforts so far

Comment

• bio_hazard
      Knight
      • Dec 2008

I recently got Civilization Revolution for my iPod Touch. I still get frustrated sometimes with the small screen, but overall I like the game very much. I never was a big one for tons of micromanagement in Civ 3/4, so the console version works well for me. Just wish it didn't slow down quite so much towards the end of the game...

Comment

• buzzkill
        Prophet
        • May 2008

Originally posted by bio_hazard
        I recently got Civilization Revolution for my iPod Touch.
        ... and on that note let me pitch Civ4:Colonization. Yep, it's a remake of the original Colonization that I loved to play and my old 486. It's unnecessarily 3D which makes it unnecessarily slow, but still fun. I just can't decide if I like the old or the new version better.
        www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
        My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• ekolis
          Knight
          • Apr 2007

Ooh, yeah, I started playing Civ4:Colonization recently... then got distracted by Chrono Trigger :P
          You read the scroll labeled NOBIMUS UPSCOTI...
          You are surrounded by a stasis field!
          The tengu tries to teleport, but fails!

Comment

• Mondkalb
            Knight
            • Apr 2007

Civ:Colonization benefits from the modable Civilization. By now there is a mod with the original Colonization music, additional features and also some tweaks to adjust gameplay. When it first came out I was a bit disappointed, but now it's much better.

Comment

• Magnate
              Angband Devteam member
              • May 2007

Originally posted by Mondkalb
              Civ:Colonization benefits from the modable Civilization. By now there is a mod with the original Colonization music, additional features and also some tweaks to adjust gameplay. When it first came out I was a bit disappointed, but now it's much better.
              How does it compare with FreeCol? I'm loath to pay for a version that doesn't have significant benefits over a free version ...

(This is ignoring the fact that the whole 50% liberty bells thing is flawed in any version)
              "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• Mondkalb
                Knight
                • Apr 2007

I have never played FreeCol.

Comment

• buzzkill
                  Prophet
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by Magnate
                  How does it compare with FreeCol? I'm loath to pay for a version that doesn't have significant benefits over a free version
                  I haven't played FreeCol either. I do believe, from reading, that most of the initial problems with the game have been worked out. I've only played the original release, but the modders seem to be doing some good work. In any case, it shouldn't be hard to find a review, and it shouldn't cost much $$ anymore. (Darn it, now I have to check out FreeCol. Is it stable?)
                  www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.

Comment

• Magnate
                    Angband Devteam member
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by buzzkill
                    (Darn it, now I have to check out FreeCol. Is it stable?)
                    Yeah, it is - it's really very, very good. It's not perfect, but the bug tracker is public and development was pretty active last time I looked (about a year ago). If you try it I think you'll see why I'm nervous about spending even a small amount of money on the Civ4 remake.
                    "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• Big Al
                      Swordsman
                      • Apr 2007

My extended absence from the world of Angband for the last few months is entirely due to Metroplexity. It's a browser-based cyperpunky RPG. New updates are coming out weekly, and there's still tons of content to figure out for the spady types. It's got a pretty unique and nifty combat system.
                      Come play Metroplexity!
                      Un, V MX H- D c-- f- PV s- d+ P++ M+
                      c-- S I++ So+ B+ ac- !GHB SQ RQ+ V+

Comment

• bio_hazard
                        Knight
                        • Dec 2008

I just found Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. I like it- mainly because it is so easy to use. Auto-explore, go-to on map. It's pretty fast paced (especially since I'm still at the 'die early and often' part of the learning curve). A different blend of complexity and simplicity than Angband- more dungeons, religion, magic, etc, but seems like fewer monsters, only three stats instead of 6.

Comment

• ekolis
                          Knight
                          • Apr 2007

Ah yes, DCSS... I love that game! The variety of races and classes puts even Zangband to shame, and it's still in very active development, and it's pretty well balanced for all the nifty features!

Now is it just me or when I play a berserker, and I hit the ^ key to see details of my religion, am I weird to be disappointed to not see things like "Trog *ADORES* the use of fire magic vs. peasants"? :P
                          You read the scroll labeled NOBIMUS UPSCOTI...
                          You are surrounded by a stasis field!
                          The tengu tries to teleport, but fails!

Comment

• buzzkill
                            Prophet
                            • May 2008

I just ran across this in another forum. If you're a Tetris fan, play it, if only once.

Stupid fun -->> First Person Tetris

Comment

• Seany C
                              Swordsman
                              • Apr 2007

Ooh, that's not a good thing to watch if you're all flu'ed up. Time to hit the paracetamol again...

(full marks for surprise factor - I thought it would be a top-down block's-eye-view of the pit)

Comment

• Atarlost
                                Swordsman
                                • Apr 2007

Nethack inspired 2d space shooter Transcendence just broke 1.0.
                                One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to bind them.
                                One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness interrupt the movie.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎