* I picked up a scimitar: "You have a Scimitar of Piety (4d2) {splendid}." A turn later: "You feel the Scimitar of Piety (u) in your pack is splendid..." Inspecting it also didn't list the unknown runes on the item, even though i t also said I didn't know the full extent of its powers.
* Thoughts on squelching: it seems like a good place to start would be "squelch all items of this base type that have at most these runes." That is, if I find e.g. a Stone Awl-Pike of Sharpness and squelch it with that option, then all Awl-Pikes that have the Stone, Sharpness, or Stone + Sharpness runes would be squelched. And of course the option to extend that to hafted weapons as well. Players should be able to say "This particular combination of runes is not desirable in any circumstance" while leaving the door open for that combination plus other runes to still be desirable.
* Digging up treasure is representing a significant portion of my income at this point, aided significantly by the Gloves of Digging [3,+3] (+2) I picked up for a song from the Black Market for a mere 900AU. I am playing no-selling, though, which inflates the value of treasure seams.
* Eating a ration took me straight from not-full to gorged. I thought that wasn't possible. Oh well.
* Throwing a Tough Jerkin of Protection broke it. Armor, especially soft armor, probably shouldn't break easily.
* I spotted some mithril coins sitting in a room, thought "Ah! A mimic!" (it being far too early for mithril to show up on the floor at all often), and fired a bolt at them. The bolt just landed to the side. It was a mimic, of course; are we not allowed to reveal them with ranged attacks? What about spells?
* In retrospect, colbrans are freaking terrifying. Fast, durable, 520 hitpoints, frequent casters, and they start showing up at 1350'! Even with using a speed potion I barely took that one down. Shortly thereafter a horde of black puddings showed up; with me at 1400' they're out of depth by 9 levels. The dungeon's certainly scarier than I remember it being...
* On that note, teleport away from black puddings, land next to Angamaite. Teleport away from Angamaite, land next to black puddings. Teleport away from black puddings, land next to Angamaite. Really, game? Really?
* Bows should probably not be made of diamond. Or at least, such should not make them better.
Thanks again for the observations - I hope it's more challenging in the good old days sense, rather than just irritating or tedious.
.
To make up for it, Wormtongue dropped a shovel of Impact (a.k.a. earthquakes).
Leave a comment: