X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zikke
    Veteran
    • Jun 2008

[FA] 2 simple questions

How do I take a HTML screenshot so it's compatible with posting here?

Also, is it possible to create a term window that lists all monsters that I can see, like I've seen in some screenshots? I never found out how to do that.

Thanks!
    A(3.1.0b) CWS "Fyren_V" NEW L:50 DL:127 A++ R+++ Sp+ w:The Great Axe of Eonwe
    A/FA W H- D c-- !f PV+++ s? d P++ M+
    C- S+ I- !So B ac++ GHB? SQ? !RQ V F:
  • Seany C
    Swordsman
    • Apr 2007

Hmm, don't know about screenshots, I'm afraid (but Nick or Si will know, I'm sure).

As for the monster list, first open a new window within the app (from the 'Window' menu), then go to Options(=) -> Sub-window Options (5) and then select "Display monster list" for your new window...

Comment

• Nick
      Vanilla maintainer
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Zikke
      How do I take a HTML screenshot so it's compatible with posting here?
      ')', then 'h' for html (not the option for (f)orum embedded html - I don't actually know what it's supposed to do, and it doesn't seem to work).

This will get just the main window. If you want to get your whole setup, you need to take a screenshot. This will not give you html, so you can't upload it to the screenshots section, but you can put it in a forum post, for example, or print it out and stick it on your wall.
      One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
      In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Zikke
        Veteran
        • Jun 2008

Sweet thanks!

Aw there's no object list option for these term windows... that would be too convenient

Comment

• Big Al
          Swordsman
          • Apr 2007

We were talking about adding an object list option (on the dev mailing list) just yesterday in fact. There're still a few bugs to work out, but Erik Osheim is working on a patch to fix this. I've been playtesting with the patch over the past couple days and it -is- rather convenient. It will most likely be in the next release.

EDIT: also, if you don't want a to take up a full subwindow for displaying the monsters you can see, you can jut press '[' to bring up the list in the main window.
          Come play Metroplexity!
          Un, V MX H- D c-- f- PV s- d+ P++ M+
          c-- S I++ So+ B+ ac- !GHB SQ RQ+ V+

Comment

• Nick
            Vanilla maintainer
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Big Al
            We were talking about adding an object list option (on the dev mailing list) just yesterday in fact. There're still a few bugs to work out, but Erik Osheim is working on a patch to fix this. I've been playtesting with the patch over the past couple days and it -is- rather convenient. It will most likely be in the next release.
            Yes, I've noted this, and am intending to grab ot for FA (once you guys have ironed out the bugs ).

Comment

• buzzkill
              Prophet
              • May 2008

Has anyone ever given any thought to introducing an in game message when an enemy appears off-screen. Something like 'You spot a Novice Mage to the north'. For those of us who play with 'big tile mode', this would be a big help. I can't count the number of times when my first indication of an off-screen enemy is when I get hit by an arrow or a spell. It's probably been the death of me more than once.
              www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
              My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• Nick
                Vanilla maintainer
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by buzzkill
                Has anyone ever given any thought to introducing an in game message when an enemy appears off-screen. Something like 'You spot a Novice Mage to the north'. For those of us who play with 'big tile mode', this would be a big help. I can't count the number of times when my first indication of an off-screen enemy is when I get hit by an arrow or a spell. It's probably been the death of me more than once.
                This is an interesting thought; the danger would be that it would just become another unread message. Would it help much more than the visible monster window?

Comment

• Atarlost
                  Swordsman
                  • Apr 2007

If the visible monster window highlites new appearences then no. That would probably be the best solution for anyone not playing on a mobile. For small screen users a message would be needed because there's no room for other windows.
                  One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to bind them.
                  One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness interrupt the movie.

Comment

• Zikke
                    Veteran
                    • Jun 2008

Maybe there should be a setting for mobile devices, that would enable features such as this and other items that may be applicable to very small screens.

Comment

• buzzkill
                      Prophet
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by Nick
                      This is an interesting thought; the danger would be that it would just become another unread message. Would it help much more than the visible monster window?
                      It would be one less window on the screen. I personally prefer monster recall to visible monster. I use 5 windows already (FA, inv, prev mess, mon recall, vis mon). An unread message isn't a danger, maybe an annoyance (one could always make such messages optional).
                      www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
                      My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• Zikke
                        Veteran
                        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Nick

Sounds like a toggle option I would also find it just another unread message, but some people would find it useful

Comment

• Pete Mack
                          Prophet
                          • Apr 2007

is there any unused or underused real estate on the angband screen that could hold a list of letters? Just put the monster symbols there; uniques first then in decreaseingevel order. You don't need a complete list; just the most dangerous monsters in LOS. A mouse press should bring up the monster ID and scroll the map.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎