Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sideways
    Knight
    • Nov 2008

I think something's also changed about monster allocation in vaults, making vault monsters less dangerous at least in the early game; which may be an even larger reason for the difficulty discrepancy I'm seeing. I'll have to figure out what that is and see if it should be reverted with the wacky rooms option on.

(Update: Seems Chris just flat-out nerfed OOD vault monsters. Reverting this with the option on only increases the gap between lesser vaults and greater vaults, though, so that question remains current. It seems fairly clear to me that allowing lesser vaults on tiny levels is an easy-mode, but I have no idea if users of the option would find that desirable or repulsive.)
    Last edited by Sideways; June 26, 2019, 20:57.
    The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.

Comment

• CyclopsSlayer
      Swordsman
      • Feb 2009

Had to reinstall on a fresh disk after old HDD died. Since then I occasionally have a weird display issue.

Some dropped items have a string of # after the name. Like this, (sorry for the Photobucket Watermark)

Comment

• Sideways
        Knight
        • Nov 2008

That's a strange bug, no idea what's happening there.

Comment

• CyclopsSlayer
          Swordsman
          • Feb 2009

It got so bad I had to delete the install and reinstall. Also was picking up corpses and skeletons as a Demigod Psion. Creeping corruption until by Warrens 5 the bogus items became unsalable, undroppable.

Reinstalled this morning and played for an hour fine.

Comment

• Sideways
            Knight
            • Nov 2008

7.1.chocolate will be released fairly soon, likely on Friday or Saturday. Too late to add any new stuff into this release that would require serious testing, but if there are any minor changes or simple quality-of-life improvements you would like to see, last-minute suggestions are still welcome! And of course, other suggestions are also welcome, they'll just take longer to be implemented

--

My decision on wacky rooms was to force levels to be large enough to accommodate greater vaults, unless level size is set to "Tiny" or "Extremely Small", in which case lesser vaults will be accepted.

Comment

• Susramanian
              Apprentice
              • Feb 2010

I'm excited for the release. Can't wait to see what all you did with Heaven and Hell. First thing I'm doing is making a weaponsmith to explore them!

I'm not sure if I'm remembering this correctly, but I recall being frustrated with my last weaponsmith. I had a Diamond Edge that I had found in Heaven, used a scroll of crafting on it, didn't like the result, and removed essences from it so I could try again. But the Diamond Edge no longer had a high item level (if that's even the appropriate term). I think it was only level 50 or something for all subsequent crafting attempts. Not sure if that's a bug or intended behavior, but I'd like to request that it doesn't happen

Comment

• Sideways
                Knight
                • Nov 2008

Crafting uses the player's level (in your case that would be 50) as object level; so it doesn't (or at least shouldn't) matter what depth you read ?Crafting at, and it also doesn't matter what the native depth of the target object or target object's kind is.

Comment

• wobbly
                  Prophet
                  • May 2012

A minor inconsistency with the tyrannosaurus. The undead versions lack long reach.

Comment

• Gwarl
                    Administrator
                    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by wobbly
                    A minor inconsistency with the tyrannosaurus. The undead versions lack long reach.
                    fixed in cpb

Comment

• Sideways
                      Knight
                      • Nov 2008

I didn't add that simply because spectral tyrannosaurus is already one of the most dangerous monsters at its level, I didn't think it needed to be buffed even further.

Composband doesn't need to worry about that because of how buff the player is there

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎