X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gwarl
    Administrator
    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer
    Ah, for some reason I always assumed that the quests were failed by leaving the level. oops.
    Two things - angband quests are not failed by leaving the level (unless you want them to be), but more saliently, dungeon guardians are not quests.

Comment

• Gwarl
      Administrator
      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by TheQuest
      I would like to express my gratitude for adding/expanding quests. It makes a gameplay more interesting since it allow to choose whether to level up doing quests or go on adventure straight away.

Looking for more quests to be added
      Thanks! Definitely there will be more quests next release.

Comment

• CyclopsSlayer
        Swordsman
        • Feb 2009

Just noticed a minor error in the quest description for "The Thieves' Hideout (Outpost)"

'...evidence of the thieves in the northwestern quarter.'

Should be the northeastern quarter.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
          Veteran
          • Jan 2012

Two bugs:

1) Leaving the Thieves Hideout dungeon puts you at the entrance of Warrens

2) Blinded players can still messages saying "You see" items on the ground

The latter probably a long-standing one. The former is funny. Or maybe because it was a Hideout after all, you end up elsewhere when you leave. Who knows?

[I don't know if these were addressed already. If already mentioned elsewhere and bug-fixes in the works, then that's cool. I wouldn't have known anyways - I had a two month break from late December 2017 to late February 2018. So, I'd have no idea anyways.]
          My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• Gwarl
            Administrator
            • Jan 2017

The bug with leaing hideout by the stairs isn't in the 7.0.3 binary release. Aside from longstanding bugs inherited from poschengband, the two bugs in the 7.0.3 release are the royal crypt crashing and the spawning pits not being available.

Comment

• Sideways
              Knight
              • Nov 2008

The bug with leaving Hideout by the stairs is a known one, and fixed in FrogComposband
              The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.

Comment

• Gwarl
                Administrator
                • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Sideways
                The bug with leaving Hideout by the stairs is a known one, and fixed in FrogComposband
                Nice. No way I'm stealing all your fixes one by one. I'll fork back from you next.

Comment

• CyclopsSlayer
                  Swordsman
                  • Feb 2009

I have a long-running issue with the ~ commands (w,u,k,p). Only in CPB.
                  Attempting to use any of them gives the error, "Failed to create temporary file /tmp/anXXXXXX."

Comment

• Sideways
                    Knight
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer
                    I have a long-running issue with the ~ commands (w,u,k,p). Only in CPB.
                    Attempting to use any of them gives the error, "Failed to create temporary file /tmp/anXXXXXX."
                    That bug is not exclusive to CPB, it also happens in PCB and ellipos, at least for me. I've (kind of) fixed it in FrogComposband, but only for Windows; let me know if it happens on an operating system other than Windows.
                    The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.

Comment

• CyclopsSlayer
                      Swordsman
                      • Feb 2009

That bug is not exclusive to CPB, it also happens in PCB and ellipos, at least for me. I've (kind of) fixed it in FrogComposband, but only for Windows; let me know if it happens on an operating system other than Windows.
                      Ah, never has happened to me under PCB, but in CPB it is 100% of my characters.
                      Using Win10 so no help on the alternate OS's.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Gwarl
                        Nice. No way I'm stealing all your fixes one by one. I'll fork back from you next.
                        ^ That Hideout bug is in Composband 7.0.4a webserver version (You and Sideways know this. But, I'm making this clear for others to be aware.)
                        My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• GenericPseudonym
                          Apprentice
                          • Jan 2016

I believe this bug ONLY happens in windows -- it's to do with a breaking change in how Microsoft generates temporary filenames as of Visual Studio 2015's version of C. IIRC, compiling with VS2010 (as opposed to VS2015) fixes it.

Comment

• Gwarl
                            Administrator
                            • Jan 2017

I compiled with MinGW

I'll upload 7.0.4 tomorrow, I had some more changes and additions in mind but 7.1.0 will be a frogcomposband fork so I'll save them for then.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎