• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris28
    Rookie
    • Jun 2008

[FA] Found a dungeon

Hi,

I played long time ago at Angband and discover recently FAangband. I've found by accident (a trap ?) a dungeon but it was too dangerous and i'm escaping with "Teleport Level". But i don't know how return on this dungeon.

How found entry of dungeon and is there a dungeon on each level ?

Thanks
  • Bandobras
    Knight
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by chris28
    I've found by accident (a trap ?) a dungeon but it was too dangerous and i'm escaping with "Teleport Level". But i don't know how return on this dungeon.
    Find another trap or read another "Teleport Level".

Originally posted by chris28
    is there a dungeon on each level ?
    Yes, and two to boot. But you may be better off find a regular dungeon by travelling along wilderness using a map (I don't remember the key) until you find one.

Comment

• Arralen
      Swordsman
      • May 2007

Now you got him utterly confused I bet

Ok, what you find yourself in if you leave town is a so-called wilderness level - that's where you travel from town to town and dungeon to dungeon, on your way to your final destination of Angband.

Each wilderness level has an "underworld" and some "mountain tips" (or something like that). While there are no stairs down to the underworld level, you can get there by trapdoors .. .

After traveling some wilderness levels (you'll get a map of those using the "M" key), you'll find yourself on a wilderness level marked as dungeon on that map. There you'll find one or more stair leading downwards into one of the "real" dungeons.

Most of this is in the help files, though ...
      No, I don't have a clue 'bout C, and I'm not starting my own variant.
      Never. Ever.

Comment

• Bandobras
        Knight
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Arralen
        Now you got him utterly confused I bet
        Isn't that what you expect of a forum? Otherwise people would stick to reading the boringly obvious help files.

Comment

• Nick
          Vanilla maintainer
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Arralen
          Most of this is in the help files, though ...
          '?', '5', '5' will get you a rough map of the whole wilderness; looking at this will tell you where you need to get to (probably Amon Rudh at first). Then, as Arralen said, 'M' will give you a map of your current level, followed by a map of the nearby levels, so you can work out where to go next.

Good luck!
          One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
          In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• chris28
            Rookie
            • Jun 2008

Thanks to all for your explanations. I had found well the map with the touch M but never seen a donjon appearing to it. There are some diferences with original Angband and i'll read the help file (especially willderness part). Thanks.

PS : I'm just dead and not ready to enter a donjon

Comment

• Zikke
              Veteran
              • Jun 2008

I just started playing FA, but I gather that we'll be in the Wilderness areas for quite a few levels until our first dungeon. Isn't it supposed to be around level 15-17?
              A(3.1.0b) CWS "Fyren_V" NEW L:50 DL:127 A++ R+++ Sp+ w:The Great Axe of Eonwe
              A/FA W H- D c-- !f PV+++ s? d P++ M+
              C- S+ I- !So B ac++ GHB? SQ? !RQ V F:

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡