Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wobbly
    Prophet
    • May 2012

The current way you gain new abilities can screw up your macros on level up. My klackon hex mage has stop spelling at Ua, gets to level 9 & now has spit acid at Ua. With mutations it can be of course worse.

Comment

• GenericPseudonym
      Apprentice
      • Jan 2016

It's a bit weird actually. Some class/racial powers (like klackon acid spit or weaponmaster techniques) don't show up until you're high enough level to cast them, while others (like chaos-warrior's confusing lights or activatable mutations) are in the list from level 1 but not castable until you're a high enough level.

Making everything visible from level 1 would be a pretty simple change, I think, although some people might be unhappy that they're effectively getting all the weaponmaster, warlock, mirror-master etc powers spoiled to them instead of finding out what they are as you level up.

Comment

• clouded
        Swordsman
        • Jun 2012

Finding randarts at low levels now seems to result in a lot of {terrible} arts.
        Last edited by clouded; November 18, 2016, 09:09.

Comment

• floatRand
          Rookie
          • May 2016

I've been screwing around with Poschengband's code lately, making my own silly fork.
          Today while I was testing around, I found a zero-division bug in cmd1.c ( py_attack_aux() ). When you play as a draconian berserker and choose metamorphosis, the game crashes.

Code:
          if (hand)
                                  energy_use += (hand - 1) * 100 / p_ptr->weapon_ct;
                              energy_use += num * (100 / p_ptr->weapon_ct) / num_blow;
          It seems weapon_ct is 0 at the point.

Just a headsup.

Edit: Oh, another one I had forgotten, just fixed it for fork.
          In deep enough dungeons ( Hell/Heaven etc. ), dropped treasure/gold can wrap around to negative.
          Last edited by floatRand; November 26, 2016, 00:03.

Comment

• wobbly
            Prophet
            • May 2012

When wearing a cursed ring with -elec & getting hit by lightning I get the fairly amusing message that my ring is protecting me.

Comment

• Regalia
              Apprentice
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by wobbly
              When wearing a cursed ring with -elec & getting hit by lightning I get the fairly amusing message that my ring is protecting me.
              It is protecting you from vanity. And overconfidence.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎