X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Regalia
    Apprentice
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by passer_by
    I"m having a problem with changing realms as a Mage: the spells from the old realm are forgotten but the number of new spells I can learn doesn't increase correspondingly.

This means that those spell-learning slots are just permanently lost to my character, which seems a harsh penalty for changing realms. Is this intentional?
    I think there are scrolls of spell that give bonus slots.

Originally posted by chris
    [3] Mimics now get a saving throw during Dispel Magic in order to maintain their current form.
    Now that is good news. I always thought dispel was a bit too punishing on mimics. 150 to make it guaranteed, hm... I wonder if that's possible to get.

Comment

• murphy
      Adept
      • Sep 2009

In 5.0.2 when I look at the monster description for a hammer brother, it says

Spells : 50.00% (4 of 100 moves)

The (x of y moves) seems to make sense for other monsters, but i dont think this one is right!

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
        Veteran
        • Jan 2012

Some [5.0.x] bugs for chris to check out:
        1) Here's a probable longstanding bug (or maybe working as designed...you tell me ): Chaos patron equipment blasts will weaken heavy curses. For example, a weapon blast from Balo will weaken a Weapon of Morgul's heavy curse into a weak curse...so you can then use a regular Scroll of Remove Curse instead. I'm sure the same thing will happen to permanent curses too, unless I'm mistaken. Yep. I think Scrolls of Curse Armor/Weapon will have the same effect -- i.e. turning a heavy / perma equip curse into a weak curse. Not that I'm complaining. Now that I mention this, chris will be keen on fixing this bug.

2) Blue-mage spell lists still don't show up in the chardumps!!

3) Occasionally, the game doesn't generate all of the 16(?) Wargs needed for the Wargs Quest. Thus, the player would then have to leave the level and return in order for the last Wargs to generate.

At some point, I'll forward these issues to the PosChengband repository.
        Last edited by HugoVirtuoso; October 9, 2016, 05:08.
        My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• wobbly
          Prophet
          • May 2012

Originally posted by HugoTheGreat2011
          3) Occasionally, the game doesn't generate all of the 16(?) Wargs needed for the Wargs Quest. Thus, the player would then have to leave the level and return in order for the last Wargs to generate.
          You sure? I've seen several times a warg turn up in a room disconnected from the rest of the level.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
            Veteran
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by wobbly
            You sure? I've seen several times a warg turn up in a room disconnected from the rest of the level.
            Yes, I am positive on this, though this happens occasionally. In the future, I'll hopefully get a screen recording of this actually happening somehow.

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

Comment

• debo
              Veteran
              • Oct 2011

Stairscumming is the absolute best way to do the warg quest anyways.
              Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                Veteran
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by debo
                Stairscumming is the absolute best way to do the warg quest anyways.
                At one point, chris wanted to implement a 'Fail' on players who couldn't kill all (16?) Wargs on the very first visit to the quest itself!

Comment

• ShadowTechnology
                  Apprentice
                  • Jan 2009

A Quest-ion.

I can't seem to find this quest:
                  Doom Quest 2 (danger level: 55). It's in my list of quests that I've accepted. I've looked in and around all 4 towns I can teleport to, and don't see it. Please help. Which town? Where should I look once at the town? Thanks.
                  Suggestion for Chris: Is it possible to add a word or two to the quest descriptions, to remind the player which town (and building) the quest initiated in?

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by ShadowTechnology
                    I can't seem to find this quest:
                    Doom Quest 2 (danger level: 55). It's in my list of quests that I've accepted. I've looked in and around all 4 towns I can teleport to, and don't see it. Please help. Which town? Where should I look once at the town? Thanks.
                    Suggestion for Chris: Is it possible to add a word or two to the quest descriptions, to remind the player which town (and building) the quest initiated in?
                    This quest is from Morivant. Check SW of the town while you're on the town map.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2012

Another bug. Needst worthier opponents from the Chaos patrons doesn't always summon monsters --sometimes NO monsters are summoned, actually!

Comment

• ShadowTechnology
                        Apprentice
                        • Jan 2009

This quest is from Morivant. Check SW of the town while you're on the town map.
                        There it is, a yellow ">" directly west from the southern of the two gates on the west wall of Morivant. Don't know why I didn't see it before. Thanks Hugo.

Comment

• Regalia
                          Apprentice
                          • Dec 2008

At one point, chris wanted to implement a 'Fail' on players who couldn't kill all (16?) Wargs on the very first visit to the quest itself!
                          Noo... I'm too lazy to look for them so I usually just sit on the stairs and <> until they come to me.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Regalia
                            Noo... I'm too lazy to look for them so I usually just sit on the stairs and <> until they come to me.
                            Chris considered it "cheating' if you're visiting (or "scumming") that level more than once for the Wargs.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2012

Another bug (probably longstanding):
                              By default, Window 10's SmartScreen doesn't recognize PosChengband 5.0.2 as a non-malicious program (and of course, it never was in the first place...)

Comment

• DavidB1111
                                Rookie
                                • Oct 2016

Hi! I'm new to the forums! I've been playing Poschangband for awhile now, and am really enjoying it.
                                I've been enjoying the newer versions, 5.0.0+, and I've noticed a few weird issues.

First off, I'm pretty sure these all qualify as minor issues, but still.

The Debug Option for rerolling items, a lowercase o, all the flags are completely and totally broken and don't actually represent anything that they normally do.
                                This makes rerolling items kind of a bit annoying to be honest. "Hey, boots can't spawn with slay dragon!"
                                Wizard Mode no longer shows you the health of the enemy you are fighting and I'm not really sure why Wizard Mode was changed.

Cheat Object option in the main options menu doesn't show items that drop from monsters unless it's an artifact.
                                What happened to Ego Items?

Yes, I know cheaters never win, but sometimes I like playing a stress free game of an Angband variant to relax me.
                                I'm weird, I know.

I think the worst cheat I ever do really was reducing the Tonberry's damage, since their damage in every final fantasy game is inconsistent and by no reasons should do orders of magnitudes more damage than everything else in the entire game, including Stormbringer after he knocks you out. Who once killed a character of mine in a game with 5200 health. I was just testing some weird stuff I learned about in that variant, no one panic.

That's a lot of -more- prompts.

I apologize in advance for my weird sense of humor.
                                I also have Asperger's syndrome, and I tend to really miss social cues.
                                I've been playing Angband and it's variants since 1997, thanks to AOL.
                                I also was killed by Laguf the Snaga way too many times in all my legit runs.

Also, I like how Rune Swords got buffed a bit, and are only -10, -10 instead of -50,-50.
                                Now, how exactly does the formula for making them more powerful work?

Is it based on the power of the monster you kill based on you? Is it based on how many you've killed? Is it based on some weird esoteric formula no one knows?

So, I found a big bug, rings of combat don't affect weapon damage if you're using a rune sword. Please explain to me this one, because that needs to fixed ASAP.
                                Set of Cesti of Fingolfin work, but rings of combat that work with every weapon in the game, including dragon unarmed, and even monk damage, don't?
                                That also includes melee to hit chance as well.
                                This really makes no sense to be changed, so, please fix it.

Amulet bonuses work just fine. Just not Rings.
                                Last edited by DavidB1111; October 12, 2016, 10:39.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎