Downloading Variants(TOME and Zangband Specifically)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edward_rollo
    Rookie
    • Jun 2016

Downloading Variants(TOME and Zangband Specifically)

So, I admit I haven't actually played any of the Angband variants in a WHILE, and while it's really nice to see this forum still active in the year 2016, I do notice that the site I used to go to to download variants(Thangordrim) has links that all 404 to download TOMEband and Zangband. Is there somewhere else/in particular I should be looking for them? I checked Rephial but they're the same links that lead to nothing and I can't help but feel it's somewhere I'm just not looking properly :I
  • Cold_Heart
    Adept
    • Mar 2012

zangband.org points to https://sourceforge.net/projects/zangband/files/ which seems to work.

Comment

• AnonymousHero
      Veteran
      • Jun 2007

Assuming you're talking about ToME 2.x, you can download an unmodified copy of the ToME 2.3.5 source from GitHub. (Use the "Clone or Download" button.)

(Just beware that if you're compiling for 64-bit that there are some quite severe bugs -- you may want to snag one of the slightly later 2.3.x-ah versions or to go though the commit log and cherry-pick the fixes.)

Comment

• Nick
        Vanilla maintainer
        • Apr 2007

If you are after source, the Angband variant repository has all known source for all known variants.

If you are after compiled, ready to play versions, I recommend the Zaimoni Angband variant mirror.
        One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
        In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• krazyhades
          Swordsman
          • Jun 2013

Also of note, if you like Zangband, you may like PosChengband, a currently maintained descendant of it (and some other variants wrapped in as well)

PosChengband is a roguelike dungeon adventure game. The purpose of the game is to defeat the Morgoth, Lord of Darkness. You may play a variety of races including elves, hobbits, dwarves, half giants, half trolls and even various monster races. You may play a variety of classes including hack and

GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎