X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buzzkill
    Prophet
    • May 2008

Originally posted by CJNyfalt
    At what value should a monster start to consider it non-productive to use that kind of attacks against a player. 50% resist? 67% resist? 75% resist?
    What Nick said, assuming they a a better/more effective or untried attack. I'd also like to see intelligent monsters that have no effective attacks simply flee, and not recover their courage.
    www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
    My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• zaimoni
      Knight
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by CJNyfalt
      I'm working on changing places in the code that checks for resist true/false to using numerical resist values.

In most cases it's clear what to do, but I'm not sure about AI part.
      At what value should a monster start to consider it non-productive to use that kind of attacks against a player. 50% resist? 67% resist? 75% resist?
      Check out Zaiband's handling of this (both resisted damage, and player saving throw in cheating mode).

It is usually productive to use breath weapons/spells that either damage inventory, or have a noticeable chance of immediately killing @ , regardless of resistance or lack thereof. (of course, having the AMHD always choose the breath weapon that kills you immediately in AI cheat mode is a problem -- but then again, Zaiband's attitude is to remove that "I shouldn't have survived that" experience....)
      Zaiband: end the "I shouldn't have survived that" experience. V3.0.6 fork on Hg.
      Zaiband 3.0.10 ETA Mar. 7 2011 (Yes, schedule slipped. Latest testing indicates not enough assert() calls to allow release.)
      Z.C++: pre-alpha C/C++ compiler system (usable preprocessor). Also on Hg. Z.C++ 0.0.10 ETA December 31 2011

Comment

• CJNyfalt
        Swordsman
        • May 2007

Since I'm not going to touch the AI routines at this time, it seems from the responses that setting the limit high is better than low. I'm probably going to choose 80%, since once I make resistance additive it would add in steps of 20%, and a limit of 60% seems too low.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎